Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm
So who expects Predator will fight the month after the next trailer drops? Probably around March. Highest likely fights are Arbiter, Kraven, the Terminator and Nemesis. My money is on Arbiter/Elite.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:10 pm
Jimbob The Fiddle wrote:Isn't Kite like universe level? don't know if he scales to Haseo.

Haseo can do anything Kite can do. (they even both deal with Cubio the same, just with different methods) But ontop of that he can manifest Skeith and has forms that are outside the parameters of the game. So technically his powers are just better versions of what Kite can do.

Where Kite revolved around his team and the help of all the coma victims, Haseo's squad just used their broken Avatars to deal with it

Really though there is nothing Kirito could do to stop a data drain regardless of who he fought

Not to mention he wouldn't be able to even see Skeith through normal means

Kirito is literally a guy who just got access to a one of a time style in his game and is also just good at video games

Haseo and Kirito literally just have broken abilities

Even if a data drain doesn't put Kirito into a coma, it can just reset him and all his stuff to a brand new character
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:21 am
torru369 wrote:So who expects Predator will fight the month after the next trailer drops? Probably around March. Highest likely fights are Arbiter, Kraven, the Terminator and Nemesis. My money is on Arbiter/Elite.

Wouldn't really mind who does the fighting, I just hope its 3D

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 am
Tfw Alien (any xenomorph) isn't a "likely" opponent. Even if it's bad and has been done before, if it's popular, these guys will take up that oppurtunity. They've made exceptions for a few battles based on their own personal admissions but, otherwise? They try to get that dough.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:44 am
There's various levels of done before. Alien vs Predator is at the highest level. That has licensed pieces in virtually every form of media. Which includes theatrical release. That goes beyond somebody's done that and into nobody hasn't already.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:45 am
Yet there are countless people that still suggest it. It's not immediately written off.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 am
Winnosh wrote:I'd rather Kirito fight against Kite, but Haseo does make sense as well.

There are many more reasons why Kite doesn't really work from the storytelling stand point. When Kite started, he was just a newbie player who got invited by his friend, Sieg, to join him before Sieg got Data Drained and put in a coma. Kite's love interest, BlackRose, put up a tough front, but almost immediately admitted that she was just a newbie as well when hearing that Kite had only just started playing as well. Both Kite and BlackRose were very naive, young and eager when starting out. Unlike Kirito and Asuna, who both gave off the loner-vibe from the start and were both apparent badasses from the get-go, with Kirito being due to him being a beta tester.

What makes it worse is that it was Orca who was supposed to receive the Book of Twilight from Aura in order to stop the Eight Phases and Morganna, but he got DD'd by Skeith and Kite ended up receiving it, purely by accident. Kite just fell into the role by pure chance while Kirito was made out to be better than everyone else straight from the beginning. Kite also needed the support of his friends in order to push forward and save the others. Kirito just pulled bullshit protagonist powers out of his rectum because Asuna "died". It was really poorly executed. One of the other reasons why Kite just doesn't fit as well is because other people in the series have used his character model. So it's not original to him alone. Including a Rule 63 version named Sakuya in ".hack//Quantum".
Spoiler

Haseo fits the best with Kirito, not just due to their attitudes, but Haseo's skills are on part due to his past experience in [The World: R1] and Fragment in the form of Sora, and he does later regain his memories of when he was Sora as well.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 pm
What are the similarities between Kite, Haseo and Kirito?
There are people who want to see Neo vs Kirito. Does it make sense?
Spoiler
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 pm
They all share the general theme of "Player gets stuck in an online game and shit hits the fan." Though in Neo's case it's reversed.

MegaMan.EXE would fit a similar standpoint as well.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 am
torru369 wrote:So who expects Predator will fight the month after the next trailer drops? Probably around March. Highest likely fights are Arbiter, Kraven, the Terminator and Nemesis. My money is on Arbiter/Elite.

Crossing my fingers for Kraven. Hunter vs. hunter would be awesome.

I also want to see one of the other crossover fight shows do Predator vs. Ryu, but I'm pretty sure nobody actually wants to see that except me.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!