Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm
So Mikasa has gotten a pretty big armament upgrade. I think she can fight Lady from Devil May Cry now.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm
Pennywise vs Emperor Joker or Pennywise vs Slender Man
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm
12cheeper wrote:You kinda did way back when in the franchise's still not represented thread.Hell,the fact that you think regular swordsman level is the norm and argued that Tiki is featless leads me to believe you aren't very familiar with the series sans maybe Awakening.Truth be told,I can't think of a single notable character who falls under mundane human levels of strength tbh.Yeah,most dragons are stronger than human characters though that's kinda like saying Justice from Guilty Gear is stronger than a human.It's technically true but saying it like that kinda undervalues just how big the gap is.

I want to see the thread where I apparently said these things, cause I don't remember that! I LOVE the Fire Emblem series. And I've played every title that has come to America. From GBA to 3DS and everything in between, I know the series. And if you recall, I wanted to see some of them go up against Final Fantasy characters.

And while some of them are regular human strength, I know that plenty go far beyond that with their skills. The Lords alone are beyond human strength and skill because of their abilities. Ike I think would be a great DB combatant for this very reason.

Moving onto the Black Knight, his blood is part Laguz, which grants him enhanced strength and speed, thus why he can move so fast in that armor (mixed with his decades of combat experience of course).

I know the series, if I said something along those line, I'd need to resee it because I'm sure I said it with good reason.

EDIT: AHA! Found the debate we had 12Cheeper. I didn't say that Tiki was Featless...YOU DID! Right here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23734&start=1980

Furthermore, I'll admit, I did argue that some of the cast are "pure human" (quoting the argument we had), but I say that knowing the context of battles in FE. It's easy to dodge an arrow when you have faster speed and reflexes than your opponents, but that's not always a given. And that's something that DB would have to take into consideration, the fact that the "battles" are turn based in the gameplay, yet are full on wars in the cutscenes.

As for Tiki, I noted that while she herself doesn't have technical feats (that I can remember) there have been other dragons in the series, and it's more than fair to compare some of their feats to her. Like when Prince Kurthnaga destroyed a castle with a single dragonbreath.

regardless though, I do think that there are some FE characters who belong in a Death Battle. Maybe not with Final Fantasy characters (save for Black Knight, or maybe some of the Laguz) but against someone else who would be a worthy opponent.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:33 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
12cheeper wrote:You kinda did way back when in the franchise's still not represented thread.Hell,the fact that you think regular swordsman level is the norm and argued that Tiki is featless leads me to believe you aren't very familiar with the series sans maybe Awakening.Truth be told,I can't think of a single notable character who falls under mundane human levels of strength tbh.Yeah,most dragons are stronger than human characters though that's kinda like saying Justice from Guilty Gear is stronger than a human.It's technically true but saying it like that kinda undervalues just how big the gap is.

I want to see the thread where I apparently said these things, cause I don't remember that! I LOVE the Fire Emblem series. And I've played every title that has come to America. From GBA to 3DS and everything in between, I know the series. And if you recall, I wanted to see some of them go up against Final Fantasy characters.

And while some of them are regular human strength, I know that plenty go far beyond that with their skills. The Lords alone are beyond human strength and skill because of their abilities. Ike I think would be a great DB combatant for this very reason.

Moving onto the Black Knight, his blood is part Laguz, which grants him enhanced strength and speed, thus why he can move so fast in that armor (mixed with his decades of combat experience of course).

I know the series, if I said something along those line, I'd need to resee it because I'm sure I said it with good reason.

EDIT: AHA! Found the debate we had 12Cheeper. I didn't say that Tiki was Featless...YOU DID! Right here:

Furthermore, I'll admit, I did argue that some of the cast are "pure human" (quoting the argument we had), but I say that knowing the context of battles in FE. It's easy to dodge an arrow when you have faster speed and reflexes than your opponents, but that's not always a given. And that's something that DB would have to take into consideration, the fact that the "battles" are turn based in the gameplay, yet are full on wars in the cutscenes.

As for Tiki, I noted that while she herself doesn't have technical feats (that I can remember) there have been other dragons in the series, and it's more than fair to compare some of their feats to her. Like when Prince Kurthnaga destroyed a castle with a single dragonbreath.

regardless though, I do think that there are some FE characters who belong in a Death Battle. Maybe not with Final Fantasy characters (save for Black Knight, or maybe some of the Laguz) but against someone else who would be a worthy opponent.

"And while some of them are regular human strength"
Bruh,even random ass dread fighters in echoes can pull a Lyn and blitz guys at such high speeds that they're effectively invisible.
Even then,you've got regular ass units bashing down castle walls.Then you've got higher end magic like bolganone(which came out to a little over 500 tons of TNT btw) and that's without getting into the insanity that is Fates.
Also,I didn't say Tiki was featless.Just that every good thing she has would get ignored.
"Like when Prince Kurthnaga destroyed a castle with a single dragonbreath"
....You do realize that isn't particularly impressive in this series,right?
The reason that Naga cast Tiki into slumber and sent her to the Ice Dragon temple in the first place is because she was scared shitless that if Tiki ever degenerated she would've destroyed the entire continent with her immense power.there's also the fact that she's literally stated to be more powerful than Medeus.
Hell,even Tellius has Deghinsea who's compared favorably in power to the goddess.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm
12cheeper wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:

"And while some of them are regular human strength"
Bruh,even random ass dread fighters in echoes can pull a Lyn and blitz guys at such high speeds that they're effectively invisible.
Even then,you've got regular ass units bashing down castle walls.Then you've got higher end magic like bolganone(which came out to a little over 500 tons of TNT btw) and that's without getting into the insanity that is Fates.
Also,I didn't say Tiki was featless.Just that every good thing she has would get ignored.
"Like when Prince Kurthnaga destroyed a castle with a single dragonbreath"
....You do realize that isn't particularly impressive in this series,right?
The reason that Naga cast Tiki into slumber and sent her to the Ice Dragon temple in the first place is because she was scared shitless that if Tiki ever degenerated she would've destroyed the entire continent with her immense power.there's also the fact that she's literally stated to be more powerful than Medeus.
Hell,even Tellius has Deghinsea who's compared favorably in power to the goddess.

Spoiler
Spoiler
When no one pays attention to your shitposts but you carry on anyway

Spoiler
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:13 pm
Ok.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 pm
Red Hood vs. Kanta the Desert Punk.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Unlimited Blade Works
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:06 am
DarthGeist wrote:Red Hood vs. Kanta the Desert Punk.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Who's he?

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 am
A character that is never gonna be in a DB.
"It's not that I don't like it or that I hate it, it's that I don't like it and I hate it."

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 am
BerialEdge wrote:A character that is never gonna be in a DB.

The chip from Death Note.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!