Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:59 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
12cheeper wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:I think you're underestimating Sly's speed, he's pretty fast and agile, and he's got Rocket Boots!. And remember, in DB, everyone goes for a kill. Not to mention Sly has had to kill many henchman and such to get to the big bosses. And many of those henchman were a lot taller and bulkier than Rocket, and yet one slam from Sly's cane and they were done.

Being "pretty fast".that's cute considering that rockets from a universe where human characters have microsecond reaction feats.Also,muscle mass generally loses all meaning once you get into superhuman statistics so I'm not sure why you'd even bring up physical bulk anyway.Nevermind,that even really bulky guys aren't significantly more durable than average sized dudes.

You missed the point of what I said that. It's not about durability per se, it's about how much they way. If Sly can kill them by hooking them, then slamming them down overhead with no momentum buildup, that's a lot of strength. And that can kill Rocket.

What's more, just because Rocket comes from a universe where beings like Quicksilver are in...doesn't mean that Rocket has those feats.

You are vastly overestimating how much muscle mass increases your durability.Shit,by this logic Naruto wrecks Beerus because he can knock around Rhinos that are way heavier than Beerus.Also,I wasn't referring to Quicksilver.I was referring to fucking Hawkeye and the punisher.

Then again,I'm debating with Mr. All fire emblem characters are regularly people and dragons are only slightly above humans so I'm probably not too bright either.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm
On an unrelated note to this rodent business, who could Mob (from Mob Psycho 100) fight now that the manga is over?
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:On an unrelated note to this rodent business, who could Mob (from Mob Psycho 100) fight now that the manga is over?

Spoiler
"It's not that I don't like it or that I hate it, it's that I don't like it and I hate it."

Quick, Call Reagen!
Quick, Call Reagen!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:On an unrelated note to this rodent business, who could Mob (from Mob Psycho 100) fight now that the manga is over?

Spoiler

Fubuki (One Punch Man)
"Might controls everything."
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm
Sentrybot wrote:Fubuki (One Punch Man)

Except Fubuki is the 2nd stringer for Tatsumaki and I believe ONE had said that Mob beats Tatsumaki or something to that effect. So why would even bother using the weaker of the two? Or even bother having two of ONE's own creations fight each other?
Unlimited Blade Works
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm
I thought ONE said they were on par with each other, but I don't suppose I'd know all that well.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm
BerialEdge wrote:

Spoiler

Seems cool, though I’m not sure what the connections are and who wins. All i can think of is that hand drawn animation between the two that ends with Marge KOing both.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Sometimes thematic connections and who wins has gotta take a backseat to just a cool matchup.

Only theme you need are powerful psychic guys.

As for who wins?

Who cares?
"It's not that I don't like it or that I hate it, it's that I don't like it and I hate it."

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
X-Man Nate Grey, Cable, Stryfe, Jean Grey, or any other powerful psychic from Comics. Because if being thematic doesn't matter, then just throw all their names in a hat and pick one at random.
Unlimited Blade Works
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 pm
Problem with that is one is an actual requested matchup that happens to make for a cool fight.

Those you posted aren't.

Just because I listed a vague thematic connection doesn't mean you just throw whoever in a fight.

It's also gotta be something people want to see and that actual makes sense.

PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!