Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 pm
Sly gets rekt. The AoE of a single grenade of Rocket's is solidly Large Building level alone. Sly wouldn't be fast enough to escape that and Rocket, I feel, is the one more likely to go for the kill
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 am
I think you're underestimating Sly's speed, he's pretty fast and agile, and he's got Rocket Boots!. And remember, in DB, everyone goes for a kill. Not to mention Sly has had to kill many henchman and such to get to the big bosses. And many of those henchman were a lot taller and bulkier than Rocket, and yet one slam from Sly's cane and they were done.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 am
ToddTalk wrote:I think you're underestimating Sly's speed, he's pretty fast and agile, and he's got Rocket Boots!. And remember, in DB, everyone goes for a kill. Not to mention Sly has had to kill many henchman and such to get to the big bosses. And many of those henchman were a lot taller and bulkier than Rocket, and yet one slam from Sly's cane and they were done.

Being "pretty fast".that's cute considering that rockets from a universe where human characters have microsecond reaction feats.Also,muscle mass generally loses all meaning once you get into superhuman statistics so I'm not sure why you'd even bring up physical bulk anyway.Nevermind,that even really bulky guys aren't significantly more durable than average sized dudes.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 am
How do you know how fast a character is in terms of m/s when all you have is a term like nanosecond, microsecond, picosecond, etc?

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:How do you know how fast a character is in terms of m/s when all you have is a term like nanosecond, microsecond, picosecond, etc?

Even in cases where they don't move a whole lot in that timeframe even being able to react in that timeframe is a feat.It's kinda why Glacius is FTL.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am
12cheeper wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:How do you know how fast a character is in terms of m/s when all you have is a term like nanosecond, microsecond, picosecond, etc?

Even in cases where they don't move a whole lot in that timeframe even being able to react in that timeframe is a feat.It's kinda why Glacius is FTL.

But like, which term dictates what speed?

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

But like, which term dictates what speed?

Google would probably help you convert those measurements into IRL speeds
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm
12cheeper wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:I think you're underestimating Sly's speed, he's pretty fast and agile, and he's got Rocket Boots!. And remember, in DB, everyone goes for a kill. Not to mention Sly has had to kill many henchman and such to get to the big bosses. And many of those henchman were a lot taller and bulkier than Rocket, and yet one slam from Sly's cane and they were done.

Being "pretty fast".that's cute considering that rockets from a universe where human characters have microsecond reaction feats.Also,muscle mass generally loses all meaning once you get into superhuman statistics so I'm not sure why you'd even bring up physical bulk anyway.Nevermind,that even really bulky guys aren't significantly more durable than average sized dudes.

You missed the point of what I said that. It's not about durability per se, it's about how much they way. If Sly can kill them by hooking them, then slamming them down overhead with no momentum buildup, that's a lot of strength. And that can kill Rocket.

What's more, just because Rocket comes from a universe where beings like Quicksilver are in...doesn't mean that Rocket has those feats.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm
Well I don’t know much about Rocket, but if he uses weapons a lot, I think we should also take notes if Rocket’s weapons would be fast enough to hit Sly, and not just his melee combat reactions. Of course, if Rocket’s weapons are too fast for Sly to dodge, then yeah it’s still a stomp for him.

Although what is Rocket’s durability? Likely higher than Sly can damage without BFR I assume. Quick research shows him surviving small sized explosions.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm
I doubt Sly is fast enough to get away from a building busting explosion.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!