Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 pm
12cheeper wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:
12cheeper wrote:Fox is just salty AF that Goku wrecks Supes Now so he feels compelled to bring up AU versions that have never been Canon/one time power ups/versions no one has ever argued that Goku beats.

Who's salty? Seems to me you're the hostile one.

Prerty sure it's atill debatable so...? Don't know what you're talking about.

No it isn't.PC Supes,AKA the ones people always use isn't even close to Gokus level.

Pre-Crisis is fairly close. Post isn't though.

The one most people know from Goku is from DBZ, if we wanna do the whole "most known incarnations of the character" so we can play that game too.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:15 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:Pre-Crisis is fairly close. Post isn't though.

The one most people know from Goku is from DBZ, if we wanna do the whole "most known incarnations of the character" so we can play that game too.

Except that's bullshit since DBS already has dubs and majority of Western fans have kept up with the Japanese release schedule, especially with streaming services having professional subs done within an hour of release. There are reaction videos, discussions and clips that are done within a day of each episode releasing. You can't at all claim that "most people" only only kept with DBZ. Never mind that Z-Goku and Super-Goku exist in the same line of continuity. It's not like Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-9 or Earth-52 Superman where they are all from different universe. It's the same Goku following the same progressing timeline.
Unlimited Blade Works
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 pm
Even then,if you're gonna go by "most known incarnations"
then you have to include anime only feats which do beat PC as well IIRC.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm
12cheeper wrote:Even then,if you're gonna go by "most known incarnations"

PC does have its ridiculous levels of stupidity. Which is just more due to the writers doing whatever the hell they wanted, issue by issue, instead of having any kind of consistency. Like Supes using rainbow fingers to make a tiny clone of himself...and then trying to kill it afterwords. Or the peoples favorites of sneezing out a solar system and pulling 700 planets through space on a giant chain. There was just no consistent narrative to PC until towards the end of the 70's.
Unlimited Blade Works
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm
DarthGeist wrote:
12cheeper wrote:Even then,if you're gonna go by "most known incarnations"

PC does have its ridiculous levels of stupidity. Which is just more due to the writers doing whatever the hell they wanted, issue by issue, instead of having any kind of consistency. Like Supes using rainbow fingers to make a tiny clone of himself...and then trying to kill it afterwords. Or the peoples favorites of sneezing out a solar system and pulling 700 planets through space on a giant chain. There was just no consistent narrative to PC until towards the end of the 70's.

Meant Post crisis.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:42 pm
12cheeper wrote:Meant Post crisis.

Ah, that one. Where through the 80's and 90's Superman did consistently have limitations with multiple writers stating as such, until new writers got put on the books and pretty much ignored everything and just made Supes do whatever the hell they wanted, returning everything back to inconsistent power levels.
Unlimited Blade Works

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 am
I don't get why people STILL want them to do Goku VS Superman rematches every time Goku gets anything new. Surely they saw what DB did in the rematch, they'll just give Superman his infinite power under the sun or whatever and just repeat the verdict.

But even if they do Goku VS Superman 3 with Goku winning all the Superman fans will start doing the same thing as soon as he gets some new feat or power or whatever they want to give him. So they can't really win either way. I guess people didn't understand "Superman is limitless" as "We've done this twice now please shut the fuck up"

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 am
They only called Supes infinite to reduce the amount of people begging for a rematch every time Goku got a new form (it slightly worked). And yeah, as much as I love Superman, he isn’t beating current Goku.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 am
I think there's better matchups for rematches based on new content for characters. Like Pikachu VS Blanka or Mario VS Sonic for example. Goku VS Superman already had a rematch. Unless they get paid boatloads by the respective companies to do a 30 minute long fight with all their forms and powers used or whatever I doubt they even want to think about a Goku VS Superman 3.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 am
I don’t really want rematches, but are there matches that go now differently because of new material? As in loser got upgrades that make original fight outdated. This does not include matches that were wrong the first time.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!