Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I consider him barely above planet level at best. His thing was more of an environmental corrosion that would gradually grow so bad that the multiverse could collapse or whatever the fuck they said.

That sounds like universal in a way that he could destroy universe only by destroying it piece by piece. Kinda like before Super, if Kid Buu was left to roam the universe, he would destroy it. So not true universal.

"over time" stops it from being universal.Demise from the zelda series commands enough power to destroy the world but that doesn't make him planet level.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:13 pm
12cheeper wrote:
TMaakkonen wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I consider him barely above planet level at best. His thing was more of an environmental corrosion that would gradually grow so bad that the multiverse could collapse or whatever the fuck they said.

That sounds like universal in a way that he could destroy universe only by destroying it piece by piece. Kinda like before Super, if Kid Buu was left to roam the universe, he would destroy it. So not true universal.

"over time" stops it from being universal.Demise from the zelda series commands enough power to destroy the world but that doesn't make him planet level.

That’s… what I said? Bill is not true universal?

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 pm
Not sure where else to put this, but I see a lot of sites scale a bunch of Jojo characters off of Silver Chariot cutting the hanged man as a beam of light, making it FTL. Thing is, I thought Polnareff was just striking in advance and predicting where the light was gonna go, meaning he was just aimhitting(?). I’m probably wrong, but can someone explain what I’m missing.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:Not sure where else to put this, but I see a lot of sites scale a bunch of Jojo characters off of Silver Chariot cutting the hanged man as a beam of light, making it FTL. Thing is, I thought Polnareff was just striking in advance and predicting where the light was gonna go, meaning he was just aimhitting(?). I’m probably wrong, but can someone explain what I’m missing.

Nope.He only started moving after hanged man had already started moving so he was reacting to the light itself.It's akin to dodging a bullet after it had already left the barrel.At that point you aren't dodging the trajectory even if you know where it's coming from.It's also consistent with young Joseph dodging a laser from the red stone of aja and even word of god regarding star platinums speed.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm
12cheeper wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:Not sure where else to put this, but I see a lot of sites scale a bunch of Jojo characters off of Silver Chariot cutting the hanged man as a beam of light, making it FTL. Thing is, I thought Polnareff was just striking in advance and predicting where the light was gonna go, meaning he was just aimhitting(?). I’m probably wrong, but can someone explain what I’m missing.

Nope.He only started moving after hanged man had already started moving so he was reacting to the light itself.It's akin to dodging a bullet after it had already left the barrel.At that point you aren't dodging the trajectory even if you know where it's coming from.It's also consistent with young Joseph dodging a laser from the red stone of aja and even word of god regarding star platinums speed.

Looking back at the scene, I suppose I can see it. Thanks for the answer.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:50 pm

I mean, here's the scene right here. Go to 3:02 to see the actual feat.
Spoiler

While Kakyoin and Polnareff do indeed set the Hanged Man on a set course, here it's more about them getting it away from the crowd so that innocents don't get caught in the crossfire. Moreover, Polnareff let's Chariot out after the beam of light has started travelling and pulls his sword back for a wide swing, instead of just holding the sword on its path. Chariot is clearly fast enough to hit it.

There's also the fact that Chariot is wearing its armor. For those unaware, Chariot gets a big speed boost when removing its armor, so this isn't technically Chariot's max speed.

There's also a character description in Part 6 that just straight-up calls Star Platinum faster than light, so there's Word of God as a plus.

Edit: Took too long and got ninja'd.
The King comes for the W.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am
Spoiler

Trump victory. RIP Earth

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Question: What would ve the stats for Paper Mario's partners? I'd want to say City level because the only feat scalable to them is Bowser's TK of Peach's Castle from PM64. But what about speed?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:46 am
Been thinking about Dante (Dante's Inferno) who would be better suited for him?

Spoiler

War from Darksiders
Spoiler

or Death from Darksiders 2?
Spoiler

I was leaning towards Death more myself.
DON'T FUCK THIS UP NARUTO!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 am
So, what’s the current opinion on in franchise battles like TMNT battle royale? Are they still considered waste of episodes? I know generally battle royales are more accepted like Sailor Moon BR, but are there any other good in franchise battles? I kinda wonder if Omegamon vs Alphamon would make good in franchise battle.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!