Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 pm
And even if they did play the games up to that moment, why would they remember something random like that? It isn’t an actual DB, they explicitly don’t do any research for community battles.

You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Isn’t the biggest stuff in Paper Mario near end of the games? I could see why they did miss that. However, they still treated Paper Mario as actually paper, and wondered that how strong paper actually is and that water would probably hurt him bad.

Although Fan Card in Color Splash rotating planet might not count as true feat again with “gag” feat mentality, not to mention as far as I know Hyrule Warriors Link’s “planet flip” isn’t counted either. I’ve been harsh on Mario series comedic feats, but they would skyrocket Mario characters powers way up, which is why I’m iffy on them.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:Isn’t the biggest stuff in Paper Mario near end of the games? I could see why they did miss that. However, they still treated Paper Mario as actually paper, and wondered that how strong paper actually is and that water would probably hurt him bad.

Although Fan Card in Color Splash rotating planet might not count as true feat again with “gag” feat mentality, not to mention as far as I know Hyrule Warriors Link’s “planet flip” isn’t counted either. I’ve been harsh on Mario series comedic feats, but they would skyrocket Mario characters powers way up, which is why I’m iffy on them.

Gag feats require said feats to ve part of,you know,a joke.
There isn't a single notable feat in Paper Mario that's part of a joke.Hell,even in the main series there aren't a whole lot of feats that are a part of a joke.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm
12cheeper wrote:
TMaakkonen wrote:Isn’t the biggest stuff in Paper Mario near end of the games? I could see why they did miss that. However, they still treated Paper Mario as actually paper, and wondered that how strong paper actually is and that water would probably hurt him bad.

Gag feats require said feats to ve part of,you know,a joke.
There isn't a single notable feat in Paper Mario that's part of a joke.Hell,even in the main series there aren't a whole lot of feats that are a part of a joke.

I would argue Cards in Color Splash are. Many of them are humorous, like that breakdancing pig. A random pig breakdancing that really is not part of story comes out of nowhere. Rather it’s a part of gag or rather theme, that Cards are cool and powerful and funny.

This doesn’t matter for Paper Mario’s power. Color Splash Cards are not as strong as Chaos Heart in SPM, so even if I would dismiss CS Cards, Paper Mario would still remain as strongest Mario.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:57 pm
One card or even a few being comedic does not equate to all of them being so.
Kid Goku once bounced Yamcha off the top of a mnanga panel.Does this make all of Kid Gokus physical feats gag feats?
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm
Say, think that Sakura vs Sailor Moon will happen now? Be the right time.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm
No, since most of them were stopped being treated as gags. Of course, there were later gag anti-feats in DBS manga, where Vegeta couldn’t even lift Magetta. As that’s a gag, that’s usually dismissed. As with Krillin’s rock throw. These things get messy on what counts and what doesn’t count, but I’d rather not count absolutely everything, as I feel that would cause more problems than not allowing everything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:43 pm
So, what’s up with Bill Cipher? Some say he is universal, some say that’s bull since two kids outsmart him, etc. Many people want to see him vs Discord, but if Bill is universal, I would like to see him vs Mxyzptlk, even though that would stomp. Biggest stomp in DB if that were a thing? I would be interested in general to see absurdly powerful beings in Death Battle. Forget Darkseid vs Thanos or Galactus vs Unicron, something crazy stronger besides Infinityman.

Also, considering they want to choose most popular requested matches this season… Is Sans or Saitama going to see their appearances this season? I’m pretty sure CFC fans have leeched Sans’ popularity for Death Battle.

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:46 pm
I consider him barely above planet level at best. His thing was more of an environmental corrosion that would gradually grow so bad that the multiverse could collapse or whatever the fuck they said.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I consider him barely above planet level at best. His thing was more of an environmental corrosion that would gradually grow so bad that the multiverse could collapse or whatever the fuck they said.

That sounds like universal in a way that he could destroy universe only by destroying it piece by piece. Kinda like before Super, if Kid Buu was left to roam the universe, he would destroy it. So not true universal.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!