Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm
fawfulmark2 wrote:They all share the general theme of "Player gets stuck in an online game and shit hits the fan." Though in Neo's case it's reversed.

MegaMan.EXE would fit a similar standpoint as well.

No, Megaman.EXE wouldn't. Remember that Megaman.EXE is a purely virtual being (who just so happens to have the actual soul and DNA of a human), who is commanded by a physical human outside of the cyber world (That being Lan, his brother). Out of all the SAO characters, in fact, Megaman.EXE is most similar to Yui, actually.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
To me. .Hack vs SAO is the best in that it takes what's considered the start of the whole Trapped in an MMO genre in anime with what's taken it's place. The OG vs the New Hotness.

It's similar to something with having a battle royale with the Holy Shonen Trio.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 pm
Winnosh wrote:To me. .Hack vs SAO is the best in that it takes what's considered the start of the whole Trapped in an MMO genre in anime with what's taken it's place. The OG vs the New Hotness.

It's similar to something with having a battle royale with the Holy Shonen Trio.

Although we do kinda have a cross-fight wth Shounen thanks to "Dream 9" doing a cross between DBZ, Toriko and One Piece. And it was quite entertaining. Basically putting each series on an equal playing field and just having fun.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 pm
You know, despite the personality differences, Star Butterfly and Blaze the Cat have pretty similar themes. Wonder if that could make for a decent fight.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm
So I hear Sakura will be in next year for SFV. Think she will get a fight then? Most likely contenders probably are Yuri from KoF, Videl and maybe Batgirl.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 am
torru369 wrote:So I hear Sakura will be in next year for SFV. Think she will get a fight then? Most likely contenders probably are Yuri from KoF, Videl and maybe Batgirl.

Well... There is always Sakura.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 am
Shgon Dunstan wrote:
torru369 wrote:So I hear Sakura will be in next year for SFV. Think she will get a fight then? Most likely contenders probably are Yuri from KoF, Videl and maybe Batgirl.

Well... There is always Sakura.

We are talking about the same series that it's creator mocks the idea that they give and take with the power of a nuke. Don't push it.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 am

Sakura's rival is Yuri. I see why some people say Videl (because of Hercule vs Dan), but Batgirl? Why? I want to know.
Spoiler
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:

Sakura's rival is Yuri. I see why some people say Videl (because of Hercule vs Dan), but Batgirl? Why? I want to know.

Mostly because of the Burnside comics looking a lot like Sakura's own comics.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm
torru369 wrote:
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:

Mostly because of the Burnside comics looking a lot like Sakura's own comics.

I'd prefer Sakura vs Yuri. I mean, there should be more KOF in Death Battle. Just Mai and Terry are not enough (and given how ScrewAttack thought Glacius was a better opponent for Sub-Zero instead of Kula...)
Spoiler
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!