Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Vs.

How about Ken Kaneki vs the Cyborg from the first Teen Titans animated series?
Frickin' fantastic.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 pm
Winnosh wrote:For Firestorm it all depends on which Firestorm you use. But yeah Any of them are powerhouses. Hell Brightest day states that Firestorm going all out, or losing control could restart the universe with another big bang. So yeah Firestorm is far far far higher than planet level.

So basically some writers just mixed him up with Captain Atom, since that's what Atom has done before, though more specifically blew up a universe as Monarch when Superbitch Prissy busted open his containment suit in Countdown. Yet another DC series that was pure putrid bile. But really, Firestorm is pretty much a glass cannon. He can be incredibly powerful when written competently, but he's also rather fragile as well. I think one of his earliest weaknesses was that he couldn't affect organic matter. But I'm sure he's either outgrown that or writers just forgot he even had that limitation.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 pm
Alex Mercer (Prototype) vs Morgan Wu (Prey)

Spoiler

Trump victory. RIP Earth
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 am
DarthGeist wrote:
Winnosh wrote:For Firestorm it all depends on which Firestorm you use. But yeah Any of them are powerhouses. Hell Brightest day states that Firestorm going all out, or losing control could restart the universe with another big bang. So yeah Firestorm is far far far higher than planet level.

So basically some writers just mixed him up with Captain Atom, since that's what Atom has done before, though more specifically blew up a universe as Monarch when Superbitch Prissy busted open his containment suit in Countdown. Yet another DC series that was pure putrid bile. But really, Firestorm is pretty much a glass cannon. He can be incredibly powerful when written competently, but he's also rather fragile as well. I think one of his earliest weaknesses was that he couldn't affect organic matter. But I'm sure he's either outgrown that or writers just forgot he even had that limitation.

I'd say it depends on what your definition of Glass Canon is. Is he as Durable as Superman, No. but I wouldn't call him glass. And he can affect organic matter, always has been able to, he usually just chooses not to.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:06 am
Firestorm can control his own body structure with his powers and was able to punch out Kalibak. He is not a glass cannon.
Fuck reasons! It's Fighting Spirit!
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:48 am
Toratorn wrote:Firestorm can control his own body structure with his powers and was able to punch out Kalibak. He is not a glass cannon.

I think he means that his destructive capability does not match his durability, which when your destructive capability is Universal... well that's understandable. Can Firestorm make himself more durable, yeah, but it takes a consious effort, still even without augmentation he's pretty tanky.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm
Winnosh wrote:I think he means that his destructive capability does not match his durability, which when your destructive capability is Universal... well that's understandable. Can Firestorm make himself more durable, yeah, but it takes a consious effort, still even without augmentation he's pretty tanky.

It's not confirmed he has universal ability. When you have 30 people writing the character and none of them agree on what he can do, the limit of his abilities changes with every person and some, like I said, seem to confuse him with Captain Atom. Nvm that no less than three people have been Firestorm. Hell, even Desaad stole that power for a bit in Countdown. It's just another character DC can't write consistently. And by all accounts, Major Force and several others should all be on the same level as Captain Atom, yet are never portrayed that way despite having pretty much the exact same powers.

Moving on from that, We still need some Warcraft characters fighting. Hell I still think Thrall should fight Aang.
Spoiler

And Illidan needs to get in too, most of all. He's just best character.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:15 pm
So, has anyone else played Prey and understand the connection between Alex and Morgan I am going for?

Spoiler
The fact that neither are the humans they appear as and they don't know it in the beginning. The real Alex and Morgan are dead. Neither is actually human. Alex is really that virus and Morgan is a Typhoon. Both also have shapeshifting capabilities.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 pm
titanhades70 wrote:So, has anyone else played Prey and understand the connection between Alex and Morgan I am going for?

Spoiler
The fact that neither are the humans they appear as and they don't know it in the beginning. The real Alex and Morgan are dead. Neither is actually human. Alex is really that virus and Morgan is a Typhoon. Both also have shapeshifting capabilities.

If you're supposed to list connections, then I guess I'll do the same for original cartoon Cyborg vs Kaneki.
Spoiler
They both go through life threatening accidents that require immediate surgery. Although alive and now powerful, they were both essentially half a man afterwards. They both constantly struggle to maintain their humanity and not be defined by their other side.

If you're thinking why just cartoon Cyborg, he's probably the most famous incarnation, and because most of the other ones stomp.
Frickin' fantastic.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:56 am
Well, at the time of my posting this, Samurai Jack is less than a day away from being finished. So, who should he face in Death Battle? The most popular options I've seen for him is:

Afro Samurai (Afro Samurai)
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!