*OFFICIAL DEATH BATTLE REQUEST THREAD 3.0* **Requests Only**

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100


Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm
A bit unfair there. Don't get the massive hate boner these forums have for the damn show. It's mediocre at worst and the fandom has died down recently in the fact you barely see people shoving it down your throat with characters turned into ponies anymore. They're more civil and not discriminated anymore.

But meh. Hate what you want, I guess. In all fairness their DB's were extremely stupid and the connections were barely even there.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:A bit unfair there. Don't get the massive hate boner these forums have for the damn show. It's mediocre at worst and the fandom has died down recently in the fact you barely see people shoving it down your throat with characters turned into ponies anymore. They're more civil and not discriminated anymore.

But meh. Hate what you want, I guess. In all fairness their DB's were extremely stupid and the connections were barely even there.

I'm still a little shocked that there are actually multiple bits of "Wheel of Time characters as ponies" fan art out there. :?

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:27 pm
Shgon Dunstan wrote:
12cheeper wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:The most Celestia can clear in Pokémon are the non-deities. In other words, every pokémon below the Creation Trio except maybe the Lake Spirits.

And even that's only if you assume that the sun in MLP is similar to our own.(a big if considering all of the instances of the cosmology and natural phenomena in Equestria differing massively from reality.)

Honestly, even if it is it is kind of irrelevant. It effects the sun and the moon... and that is pretty much it.

Past that, about the best she has is being a part of a power up that made Twilight into a mountain buster for a boss fight.

Also Foxthefox1000, your forgetting the Haxy non-deities. Like :insert physic type here: shutting down her mind.


That's if they are fast enough. Some calcs have the god tiers of the verse at relativistic speeds. Who knows if they could be right though.

Last I heard, the fastest non-deity and people who scale to them cap off at sub-rel. It's even worse trying to figure out the stats of the Creation Trio and Arceus given they kind lack speed feats. Although governing Time itself and being above it should be pretty damn speedy, I imagine.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: In my nope rocket. Orbiting Pluto.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:33 pm
>part of a mountain busting power up

Lol

Like I said, most Pokémon stomp
Death Battle as of late:
12cheeper wrote:Next time is actually disgusting.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:46 pm
Not if the Sun stuff is legit.

Besides, Twilight is the main focus you want. She's haxxy as all hell and has decent stats that can reach into the god tiers through certain forms and scaling (though the latter is very iffy).
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:01 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:Not if the Sun stuff is legit.

Besides, Twilight is the main focus you want. She's haxxy as all hell and has decent stats that can reach into the god tiers through certain forms and scaling (though the latter is very iffy).

IIRC that time they lassoed the moon in the comics, Luna had real issues just moving the moon closer to the planet.


I'm not saying they don't have some pretty nice feats(like say... That time they lassoed the moon), just not really to the level that "able to telekineticly move the sun" would normally bring to mind. Regardless of whether it is as large as ours or not.


Combat wise, they just are as capable of going all DBZ at the drop of a hat like they might seem at first glance.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm
Comics are considered "secondary canon" and that already contradicts most of the examples where they casually TK the things. They're also comparable to Discord, though he's almost always casual and has a SS feat somewhere, I believe. Easily the strongest character save for PIS.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:18 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:Comics are considered "secondary canon" and that already contradicts most of the examples where they casually TK the things.

That is the thing. No it doesn't. The only thing they normally do with the things is move them across the sky. They never show anything near that level of power outside of those feats.

All the comics show is that their ability to do that kind of thing has rules and limits, and for that matter only applies to the sun and moon to start with.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:37 pm
They can TK celestial objects and make them move and that's not impressive? That's already far greater than Mewtwo's TK abilities. Moving them closer to the Earth isn't needed for their TK to be that strong. They consistently do it plenty of times. Can they do it to the extent that Discord and some other villains have been shown to be able to do? Maybe not. They seem to tire easily. Doesn't mean they're not that strong.

But again. This hinges on them being the size of ours, though I think the comics actually support them being huge as hell? So meh.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:They can TK celestial objects and make them move and that's not impressive? That's already far greater than Mewtwo's TK abilities. Moving them closer to the Earth isn't needed for their TK to be that strong. They consistently do it plenty of times. Can they do it to the extent that Discord and some other villains have been shown to be able to do? Maybe not. They seem to tire easily. Doesn't mean they're not that strong.

But again. This hinges on them being the size of ours, though I think the comics actually support them being huge as hell? So meh.

Think of it this way, their cutie marks are a sun and a moon, and we know that ponies cutie marks denote something that they are really good at.

Alternatively, they have some time travel spells=/=they can do whatever the hell they like that involves time.

Either way you look at it though, none of their other feats back up them having that kind of raw power to throw around at any task they like.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests