Franchises STILL not represented in Death Battle

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:45 pm
ToddTalk wrote:12Cheeper, let me ask you then. Who do you think would be a good FE character to bring into Death Battle that Ben "couldn't screw up"?

Honestly?Not too many come to mind.The only games that are even on the table are awakening,Fates,and MAYBE Echoes due to them being the only games where the cast has marginally impressive feats that occur in prerendered cutscenes and of the possible characters:
Robin-completely off the table.Dude shows off absolutely nothing in the cutscenes.Oh sure he scales to some shit but unless Ben says Bolganone is city level just because eruption said scaling is a toss up with Ben to begin with and most of it relies on scaling to completely different games set in the same universe and a guy he technically never fights(Chrom).

Chrom:Dude is slightly better.I could honestly see Ben wanking the shit out of Chroms lightning dodge(even though the most accurate value you can get is only like,40-50 m/s)dude scales to better shit but this is probably the best you're gonna get in DBland.Only real problem is that most opponents are so far above him you might as well pit him against Sol Badguy.But hey,the dude can bash through walls and assuming they use FF given how badly FF gets downplayed in DB combined with how incomprehensible feats past wall level are to Ben I could maybe see him saying the fights are close.This is the closest to a decent combatant you're getting.

Lucina:Literally a discount Chrom.She's Chrom except she largely relies on scaling to him.Hell,even if Ben goes full retard and turns it into a game mechanics fights Chrom still has a better sword and marginally higher strength.

Corrin:Despite being the strongest unamped lord in the series Corrin's probably the least usable character here.Aside from loldragon pretty much none of Corrins feats occur during cutscenes.

Alm:Alm is eeeeeehhh.Dude has like,1 cutscene feat and it's indirect as all hell.Basically a shittier Chrom but somewhat better than Lucina.Doesnt help that both dudes use identical swords.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 pm
12cheeper wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:12Cheeper, let me ask you then. Who do you think would be a good FE character to bring into Death Battle that Ben "couldn't screw up"?

Honestly?Not too many come to mind.The only games that are even on the table are awakening,Fates,and MAYBE Echoes due to them being the only games where the cast has marginally impressive feats that occur in prerendered cutscenes and of the possible characters:
Robin-completely off the table.Dude shows off absolutely nothing in the cutscenes.Oh sure he scales to some shit but unless Ben says Bolganone is city level just because eruption said scaling is a toss up with Ben to begin with and most of it relies on scaling to completely different games set in the same universe and a guy he technically never fights(Chrom).

Chrom:Dude is slightly better.I could honestly see Ben wanking the shit out of Chroms lightning dodge(even though the most accurate value you can get is only like,40-50 m/s)dude scales to better shit but this is probably the best you're gonna get in DBland.Only real problem is that most opponents are so far above him you might as well pit him against Sol Badguy.But hey,the dude can bash through walls and assuming they use FF given how badly FF gets downplayed in DB combined with how incomprehensible feats past wall level are to Ben I could maybe see him saying the fights are close.This is the closest to a decent combatant you're getting.

Lucina:Literally a discount Chrom.She's Chrom except she largely relies on scaling to him.Hell,even if Ben goes full retard and turns it into a game mechanics fights Chrom still has a better sword and marginally higher strength.

Corrin:Despite being the strongest unamped lord in the series Corrin's probably the least usable character here.Aside from loldragon pretty much none of Corrins feats occur during cutscenes.

Alm:Alm is eeeeeehhh.Dude has like,1 cutscene feat and it's indirect as all hell.Basically a shittier Chrom but somewhat better than Lucina.Doesnt help that both dudes use identical swords.

Do you think in DBland Mulan vs Lucina is remotely close?

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

Do you think in DBland Mulan vs Lucina is remotely close?

No.Even if they don't scale her speedwise Lucy has pretty much every other advantage.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:36 pm
We keep talking about this in other threads so I should probably bump this one.

The number of characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that have been combatants in Death Battle is equal to the number of Namco combatants.

That's fucking disgusting.

The only Namco franchises that have been repped are Dig Dug and Soul Calibur, despite the fact that there's:

Tekken
Tales
Pac-Man
Klonoa
Splatterhouse

None of the above have appeared. We certainly could do without all of them, but the absence of a few here after all these episodes is strange. All these bottom-of-the-barrel ideas when the keg's not even half empty.

The same could be said about Square Enix btw, despite the possibilities of the likes of Crono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, Secret of Mana, non-7 Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Hearts, heck, even Super Mario RPG.

I know, I know, technically there have been four Square characters, but Lara Croft is about as much a Square character as Spider-Man is a Disney one.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm
12cheeper wrote:

Now what are they're actual stats? MCB only? As far as I'm aware, Robin and Corrin have ways of being above that but they're not necessarily usable in battle?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 pm
Iron Joe wrote:We keep talking about this in other threads so I should probably bump this one.

The number of characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that have been combatants in Death Battle is equal to the number of Namco combatants.

That's fucking disgusting.

The only Namco franchises that have been repped are Dig Dug and Soul Calibur, despite the fact that there's:

Tekken
Tales
Pac-Man
Klonoa

Splatterhouse

None of the above have appeared. We certainly could do without all of them, but the absence of a few here after all these episodes is strange. All these bottom-of-the-barrel ideas when the keg's not even half empty.

The same could be said about Square Enix btw, despite the possibilities of the likes of Crono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, Secret of Mana, non-7 Final Fantasy games, Kingdom Hearts, heck, even Super Mario RPG.

I know, I know, technically there have been four Square characters, but Lara Croft is about as much a Square character as Spider-Man is a Disney one.

These two are often requested against each other from what I've seen.

Inb4 Pac-Man's opponent is Kirby or Yoshi.

As for Super Mario RPG... Well, Geno gets stomped by almost all of his requested opponents from what I've seen and no doubt would barely be wall level in DB's standards.

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

Now what are they're actual stats? MCB only? As far as I'm aware, Robin and Corrin have ways of being above that but they're not necessarily usable in battle?

Lol@Corrin only being MCB and anything higher is unusable in a fight.
Bruh,as soon as Anankos woke up he created a black hole capable of pulling in massive floating islands.
That's without bringing up him bringing life back to a barren world in a universe he wasn't even in at the time.
Unless you want to argue that his sword is unusable in a fight MCB Corrin is laughable.

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 pm
So what would that be then?

And do others reach that level?

The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 pm
Iron Joe wrote:snip

It really is weird that Death Battle hasn't used Tekken yet. At the very least, I want to see Heihachi beat somebody to death or get pummeled into salsa.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:28 am
I’m not even a fan of Tekken and I find it weird DB has used 0 Tekken characters. Being 3D really limits their appearances.

What opponents do we even have for Pac Man that isn’t returning fighter?
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!