"Beyond the g1 Arena" (Non-DB VS Discussion Thread)

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm
Flat zone announced that the next fight after bowser vs DDD is going to be shikamaru vs Usopp, coming Febuary 28th (inb4 delay). I like limit break because it’s choosing interesting matchups that one wouldn’t normally think of.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 am
Wow, I mentioned Shikamaru vs. Usopp in the brainstorm thread about two weeks ago. Funny coincidence, that. I'll be sure to check it out when it comes.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 am
justtemporaryyet wrote:Flat zone announced that the next fight after bowser vs DDD is going to be shikamaru vs Usopp, coming Febuary 28th (inb4 delay). I like limit break because it’s choosing interesting matchups that one wouldn’t normally think of.

Usopp wins that fight considering he could take out Shikamaru from like a country away with his slingshot before Shikamaru even knows he's in a fight.
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 pm
Apparently Saitama vs Goku comes out tomorrow. Man, this season of OMM felt like it went by really quickly. Although there is still the remastering of Mob vs Tatsumaki that gonna come out soon, so I don’t know.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:13 am

My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 am
Sentrybot wrote:

Damn, sucks to see that Goku lost. Oh well, at least Goku put up a hell of a good fight (even better than Superman did) and good god, that Ultra Instinct sprite was amazing. Hell, Goku pretty much had total command of the entirety of round 2 up until the end. Surely Saitama should've AT LEAST given Goku some respect for that, which is the main thing that bothers me.
Last edited by Neosonic97 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 am
Sentrybot wrote:

YES. I am pleased.
Also, the next time is really cool. Nice to see OMM using a comic character and a cartoon character, because those season has been dominated by anime fights (and the comic characters received no respect).
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 am
So they retcon Goku vs Sonic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:43 am
coolmancool wrote:So they retcon Goku vs Sonic.

...That's been retconned since Gohan vs Superboy (They explained it was a clone gone rogue). Have you been paying attention?

Although it's a damn shame they had to perpetuate the 'Saitama always wins in one punch' meme even though that's not even accurate in-verse, and that actually makes me even more aggravated about the ending. NOT ONLY did Saitama win in a completely forced way (Not even something that makes sense like Ultra Instinct running out), but he didn't even give respect to Goku, despite the fact that, given how he's given respect to opponents who DON'T go down in one hit before (like Boros or Garou, who are BOTH weaker than Goku by leaps and bounds), is straight out of character for Saitama.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:32 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:
Sentrybot wrote:

YES. I am pleased.
Also, the next time is really cool. Nice to see OMM using a comic character and a cartoon character, because those season has been dominated by anime fights (and the comic characters received no respect).

Especially with a cartoon character that doesn't get a lot of love and attention because she's not Raven. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!