"Beyond the g1 Arena" (Non-DB VS Discussion Thread)

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:
Next time is interesting though. Who actually wins that? I’ll be rooting for Yang anyway.

And those swords at the end. With the sun in the background, are they trying to do something with Sephiroth vs Vergil?
I really hope they don’t try to build a story through the battle royales regarding the hosts.

Shame

I haven’t watched Akame Ga kill, but from what little I’ve seen of RWBY, Yang seems entertaining. Also, Leone’s design isn’t that great imo.
12cheeper wrote:P sure Yang dies.

Yang is like, MCB at best right? A quick look on VSbattles tells me it’s a stomp for Leone.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 pm
The Dog wrote:

This was a good episode. The animation had the right sort of length and felt pretty energetic keeping me hyped during the fight. In the end I agreed with the victor and as for next time.
Spoiler
Rooting for and betting on Leone to win the next match.
My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:
hunterzillas wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:
Next time is interesting though. Who actually wins that? I’ll be rooting for Yang anyway.

And those swords at the end. With the sun in the background, are they trying to do something with Sephiroth vs Vergil?
I really hope they don’t try to build a story through the battle royales regarding the hosts.

Shame

I haven’t watched Akame Ga kill, but from what little I’ve seen of RWBY, Yang seems entertaining. Also, Leone’s design isn’t that great imo.
12cheeper wrote:P sure Yang dies.

Yang is like, MCB at best right? A quick look on VSbattles tells me it’s a stomp for Leone.

Nah I get it, it's just that I still haven't recovered from Yang vs Tifa

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:These were made by a guy on the wiki. They’re just discussion, no animation.
Spoiler

I'd...have to say Buu wins. Because there really isn't any way for Doomsday to win or deal any meaningful damage. Even if transmutation didn't work, Buu can still absorb him and that'd be the end of it. And then we'd have BuuDay or DoomBuu. Plus it was calc'd that base Freeza was small star level and his max power state is several-hundred times that power. Freeza at his best on Namek can be seen as mid-star or small solar-system level. Cell and Buu were significantly stronger than that. Not galaxy level, but certain more than multi-star level.

Overall it's kind of a dumb matchup anyway.
Unlimited Blade Works
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm
Can Doomsday fight in space while floating in nowhere? Buu would have option of blowing up the planet, regenerating and Doomsday would just… float in space? I don’t think Doomsday can straight up fly, which is weird…
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:Can Doomsday fight in space while floating in nowhere? Buu would have option of blowing up the planet, regenerating and Doomsday would just… float in space? I don’t think Doomsday can straight up fly, which is weird…

He adapted the ability to fly a couple times

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm
Yeah. Doomsday doesn't really have hax or a mean of BFR'ung Buu, unlike Kirby, who could win through hax and speed alone. Last I remembered, anyways. Super has bewn giving every character new feats out the ass
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Well that’s odd. Doomsday flying is something not mentioned often. Of course, something like Candy Beam & Absorption could work on DD, so Buu winning is likely.

…And Kirby? I think there are surprisingly many options on how Buu vs Kirby goes. I think Buu might have slight advantage, but Kirby in his strongest composite does have a chance. But this matchup was one of the most debated ones here so let’s just leave it at that.

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm
What about the other videos? I’m curious to see if the research holds up.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm
My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!