"Beyond the g1 Arena" (Non-DB VS Discussion Thread)

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:06 pm
With permission given by Lousy, I have created this thread for us G1s to discuss about other VS shows such as Super Powered Beatdown, Minute Match-Ups or Cartoon Fight Club. Abrams has said that it's okay as long as the discussion remains contained within the thread.

Preview for Wonder Woman vs Wolverine in SPB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnFHlUf4OY

Greenarrow vs Hawkeye & Deadpool vs Deadpool (Notice the character select screen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9h09ER-y4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gim2MtRTxEg

And eh.....Goku vs Naruto. With Naruto given prep time....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BvrgNdNo8Q
This is going to be fun...

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:13 pm
So who would win in a legit fight? Hawkeye or Green Arrow?
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:33 pm
Geomancer wrote:So who would win in a legit fight? Hawkeye or Green Arrow?

It really depends on which version of Hawkeye. It would be a close fight if it was 616 but Ultimate Hawkeye might take it since like Bulleyes, he can turn almost anything into a weapon for versatility.

I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:35 pm
All right, a breakdown of what I thought of the accuracy of SPBD results:

Gandalf vs Vader (Vader Wins)- I'd say probably accurate. Even if Gandalf did have powerful magic he doesn't have as much protection, speed, and power someone like Doom would have.

Batman vs Wolverine (Wolverine Wins)- To the death, accurate. The only reason it was close was because of Batman's popularity.

Drake vs Croft (Croft Wins)- The episode honestly wasn't kind towards Drake and was more a treasure hunt than actual fight, but I think Lara would win.

Nightwing vs Gambit (Nightwing Wins)- Up in the air I'd say. Nightwing's the better fighter but Gambit's power is what throws it up in the air. Feel free to disagree.

VG Battle Royale (Conner wins)- Probably one of their most disorganized and worst ones, why was Cortana even an option when she was the announcer? Ultimately it came down to Conner vs Max Payne, and I'd say based on weaponry and abilities Max would probably win in my opinion, but Conner's no slouch.

Superman vs Thor (Superman wins)- Up in the air, one of the few that would be a really difficult debate. Cool fight but Thor's actor wasn't the best choice. Both have insane feats and it could come down to how Superman handles Thor's magic.

Batman vs Deadpool (Batman Wins)- Varies on the type of fight. I'm pretty sure most of the forum would vouch for Batman winning, but I'd say Deadpool has a better shot than what people give him credit for. Batman did also have some pity points going into this following his loss to Wolverine.

Wolverine vs Predator (Wolverine Wins)- Accurate IMO, but feel free to disagree.

White Ranger vs Scorpion (WR wins)- Admittedly I don't know too much about Power Rangers. For the people that did do their research for Epyon vs Tigerzord, is White Ranger as skilled and op as PR fans are making him out to be? Even aside from the dragging to hell ability Scorpion's a skilled and powerful fighter so I can't quite say who'd win.

Captain America vs Master Chief (Cap Wins)- This is Super Power Beat Down's Goku vs Superman in terms of controversy, and I don't quite blame the Chief fans. Cap is more than what they give him credit for, but based on stats and arsenal Chief should've won (Though I did vote for Cap just because I like him ;) ).

Punisher vs Red Hood (Punisher wins)- Close match but Jason probably should have won in terms of skillset.

Casey Jones vs Kick Ass (Casey Wins)- This is the only match I think everyone can agree is 100% right on the result with little debate. Casey has significantly better combat experience and feats than Kick Ass. For the most part Kick Ass is a lucky cosplayer with a little training. The episode itself had a fight that dragged on too long and an annoying actor for Kick Ass.

Batman vs Vader (Vader wins)- Probably the best fight scope and effects wise and I agree with Vader winning. Also had an alternate ending that makes a little sense, with Batman relying on outside help to win rather than get a lucky shot in.

GR vs Ryu (GR wins)- Again, not too familiar with PR, but even then Ryu was screwed from the start fan vote wise thanks to JDF and the PR fanbase, who were much more present here than the WR vs Scorpion fight.

Deadpool and Domino vs Joker and Harley (Deadpool and Domino win)- Talk about a significant downgrade for Deadpool after Batman's fans outvoted him. Based on skills and powers, accurate.

Future Fights:
Spider-Man vs Darth Maul: Maul has the edge with his force powers and lightsaber, but I'm voting for Spidey. Much closer than Batman vs Vader at the very least.

Nightwing vs Winter Soldier: Tough, but I'll give the edge to Bucky for arsenal.

Wonder Woman vs Wolverine: Ridiculous, this is pretty much the opposite of what they did for Deadpool for his last two fights. Wonder Woman is more than capable of defeating Wolverine by denting his adamantium skeleton or tossing his ass into the sun.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 pm
Wonder Woman vs Wolverine?

.......why? Because there names start with W?

"I'm cookin' up an asswhoppin!"
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm
d180 wrote:
Geomancer wrote:So who would win in a legit fight? Hawkeye or Green Arrow?

It really depends on which version of Hawkeye. It would be a close fight if it was 616 but Ultimate Hawkeye might take it since like Bulleyes, he can turn almost anything into a weapon for versatility.

616 is no slouch either when it comes to improvising for weapons. It's difficult for one on one combat. Hawkeye's been trained by Captain America and I think even beat him once. Green Arrow's been trained by someone who's trained with Deathstroke and has survived a number of battles with him. People seem to think it comes down to accuracy, but that's not the case. Both are insanely accurate in their feats to the point where it's superhuman, so it really comes down to skill and arsenal. The problem with Variant's explanation for why GA would win is the feats he lists for GA Hawkeye's been shown to match and even outperform. He doesn't say anything that makes Hawkeye look inferior.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm
hunterzillas wrote:Wonder Woman vs Wolverine?

.......why? Because there names start with W?

With the comics having WW lose to Storm and DB making her lose to Rogue, it'll at least be a change of pace having her rightfully BEAT an X-Man once, provided Wolverine's fans don't screw her over.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm
Never heard of Minute Match-Ups, but it looks fun. Got to check it out later.

As for other Vs Series I would like to mention:

Fatal Fiction: One of the Forum Users made the series. Favorite one: Rocky Vs Little Mac.

Ultimate Cartoon Fighting: Sadly discontinued because the creator has died. Favorite episode: Mordecai and Rigby Vs Vegeta. Its like a Regular Show episode.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:51 pm
AkumaTh wrote:Never heard of Minute Match-Ups, but it looks fun. Got to check it out later.

Fatal Fiction: One of the Forum Users made the series. Favorite one: Rocky Vs Little Mac.

Ultimate Cartoon Fighting: Sadly discontinued because the creator has died. Favorite episode: Mordecai and Rigby Vs Vegeta. Its like a Regular Show episode.

Wait he died? That's awful! Normally when it comes to the internet sometimes I don't know if they just quit or not. I even heard him ask Death Battle if they wanted a flash animator once. His family has my sympathy.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:00 pm
comicking428 wrote:
AkumaTh wrote:Never heard of Minute Match-Ups, but it looks fun. Got to check it out later.

Wait he died? That's awful! Normally when it comes to the internet sometimes I don't know if they just quit or not. I even heard him ask Death Battle if they wanted a flash animator once. His family has my sympathy.

Yeah....kind of bummed that he passed away. Wanted to see him finish his Hunger Games parody :cry:

Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!