"Beyond the g1 Arena" (Non-DB VS Discussion Thread)

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 am
Otaku is derogatory term in Japan while Weeabo is a positive term in the U.S.
"Tonight, I will dine on samurai soup."
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:25 pm
VampyreNVRmore wrote:I'm guessing you watched Lucky Star then, huh Darth?

Watched and read. Of course, I've watched and read dozens of other series too. I just really like what it said about RWBY and other series.
VampyreNVRmore wrote:Otaku is derogatory term in Japan while Weeabo is a positive term in the U.S.

Uh, no. Otaku is really just a term to describe someone who focused a lot of their time on a hobby. It's not strictly for people who watch anime or read manga. Weeabo is more someone who thinks they know more about the culture they choose to defend and try to correct people on pronunciation and every little thing about it, to the point of just being an annoying waste who is actually doing more to harm that culture and its roots than actually help. I mean, it's pretty much this.
"So. Ready to die?"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:27 pm
DarthGeist wrote:
VampyreNVRmore wrote:I'm guessing you watched Lucky Star then, huh Darth?

Watched and read. Of course, I've watched and read dozens of other series too. I just really like what it said about RWBY and other series.
VampyreNVRmore wrote:Otaku is derogatory term in Japan while Weeabo is a positive term in the U.S.

Uh, no. Otaku is really just a term to describe someone who focused a lot of their time on a hobby. It's not strictly for people who watch anime or read manga. Weeabo is more someone who thinks they know more about the culture they choose to defend and try to correct people on pronunciation and every little thing about it, to the point of just being an annoying waste who is actually doing more to harm that culture and its roots than actually help. I mean, it's pretty much this.

Welp, I'm confused now. I gotta figure out where to get better information next time.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 pm
"Weaboo is a positive term"
how do you even exist
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:35 pm
Fun fact:Weeaboo was originally a random nonsense word that 4chan used to replace all instances of wapanese.
Last edited by 12cheeper on Fri May 19, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:35 pm
Beelzebub wrote:how do you even exist

I exist by existing, just like everyone else.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm
Otaku used to be seen as a more derogatory thing in Japan in the early days. However, as the medium grew in popularity, it became more and more accepted in every day life. To the point people don't bat an eye at others reading manga or watching anime on bullet trains to work or other destinations. It used to be that otaku were viewed as people who were anti-social, who had no friends and never left their homes. With the explosion of social media and the internet, allowing people to connect with others all over the country, and the world, being referred to as an otaku became more widely acceptable. It's no different than having a hobby that interests you.

Being a NEET, on the other hand, is something frowned upon.
"So. Ready to die?"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm
Ah. I understand now.

What the hell is a NEET though?
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm
VampyreNVRmore wrote:
Beelzebub wrote:how do you even exist

I exist by existing, just like everyone else.

okay friend
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:40 pm
DarthGeist wrote:Otaku used to be seen as a more derogatory thing in Japan in the early days. However, as the medium grew in popularity, it became more and more accepted in every day life. To the point people don't bat an eye at others reading manga or watching anime on bullet trains to work or other destinations. It used to be that otaku were viewed as people who were anti-social, who had no friends and never left their homes. With the explosion of social media and the internet, allowing people to connect with others all over the country, and the world, being referred to as an otaku became more widely acceptable. It's no different than having a hobby that interests you.

Being a NEET, on the other hand, is something frowned upon.

Oh,it's still viewed as a bad thing.Liking anime/manga isn't a big deal itself.It's the level of obsession that the term otaku implies that is looked down.NEETs are looked down on no matter what country you live in.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!