"Beyond the g1 Arena" (Non-DB VS Discussion Thread)

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:39 pm
Also, it’s going to be interesting to see what non-rushed hand drawn OMM looks like. Just from the preview it looks pretty good.

On a side note, it’s really cool seeing LK-64 go from making simple edits of Death Battle’s to becoming an official OMM animator.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm
Sentrybot wrote:

HOT DAMN, was that good. I'm happy to see Saitama win both rounds, though I was ready to concede the second half to Goku. They did a really good job of selling Ultra Instinct as really goddamn tough to get around.

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:58 pm
I just rewatched it, and yeah, definitely my favourite fight this season. They need to upload those Saitama sprites, they look so good.

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:17 pm

I found this. Creator said he rushed it out, but it’s still decent imo.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:11 am
JasonVsMadea wrote:
Sentrybot wrote:

HOT DAMN, was that good. I'm happy to see Saitama win both rounds, though I was ready to concede the second half to Goku. They did a really good job of selling Ultra Instinct as really goddamn tough to get around.

I wanted to see Saitama lose because I'm sick and tired of seeing Saitama get wanked to hell and back. Or AT LEAST if Goku did lose, make it freaking climactic, not just 'Saitama somehow hits Goku through Ultra Instinct and one-shots him'. The ending just feels like tasteless meme pandering to me, and that irritates me. A lot. Ultra Instinct didn't even run out, contrary to what people are saying, since Goku's hair still had the coloration it takes on with Ultra Instinct right up until the end.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm
My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm
Sentrybot wrote:

Pretty decent, although maybe a little too fast. Nice to see a competent vs series do this matchup.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 pm
My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm
Sentrybot wrote:

Ken vs Ryu-Furry edition. Pretty well animated, but they should have put the KO when Blaziken fell and not when they clashed.
Apparently the next fight is a riot rumble featuring Valentine from skull girls, animated by Spideyhog. It’s also gonna be the season finale, but I think seasons are kind arbitrary for something like this.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:
JasonVsMadea wrote:
Sentrybot wrote:

I wanted to see Saitama lose because I'm sick and tired of seeing Saitama get wanked to hell and back. Or AT LEAST if Goku did lose, make it freaking climactic, not just 'Saitama somehow hits Goku through Ultra Instinct and one-shots him'. The ending just feels like tasteless meme pandering to me, and that irritates me. A lot. Ultra Instinct didn't even run out, contrary to what people are saying, since Goku's hair still had the coloration it takes on with Ultra Instinct right up until the end.

On rewatching it the Ultra Instinct "aura" disappears at the 10 second mark, i think the hair keeping its colouration is a sprite mistake.
Still a very good animation though. I enjoyed it
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!