Unpopular DEATH BATTLE Opinions

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 pm
furthermore it helped to dodge the rendering limits as well, as the episode was already several days late due to all the stuff happening in it.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:58 pm
Neat.

Doesn't really matter anyway.

The fight was sick and the conclusion was solid (barring the "FTL is an extreme rarity in the Marvel universe")

Only downside is that the planet didn't blow up from their blows.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Defectminus wrote:That choice is meant to save time by making civilians appear as silhouettes. Happened in Yang vs Tifa as well

Really? I thought that was a shout out to something.

Speaking of Hulk Vs Doomsday, while it is good, it's not one of Torrian's best. There were spots that were fucking amazing (like the cop car and the part at the end where Hulk goes world breaker), but some spots felt like they missed their mark. The drop kick through the bus was amazing, but it was kinda weakened by just having Hulk stumble backwards instead of fly in the opposite direction. The thunderclap spot was pretty weird too since it was more like Hulk was throwing a tornado at Doomsday, and the grabbing the hands making the building collapse was really bizarre too.

Don't get me wrong, it's still amazing. In fact, every time Torrian gets into the animator's chair, it's a treat. I don't think I've ever seen a fight from him that didn't leave me with my jaw on the floor. It's just that HvD is unable to keep up with Charizard vs Agumon, Snake vs Sam and Wolverine vs Raiden in terms of choreography.
Hungryyyyy... must... feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 am
BrawlTheMan wrote:It's just that HvD is unable to keep up with Charizard vs Agumon, Snake vs Sam and Wolverine vs Raiden in terms of choreography.

In fairness, that is largely because Hulk and Doomsday have fairly basic attacks, all things considered. It was basically destined to be a slugfest with a few sprinkles of other stuff, while all the others had far more to fall back on. Even Wolverine vs Raiden largely fell back on the batshit number of ways Raiden could attack.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:51 pm
Boy did this thread get buried. Anyways, I liked the animation in Natsu vs Ace. It had a decent flow, much better sound effects than Zoro vs Erza, and it did take more advantage of the characters' more individual abilities than other versions of this fight on the internet (that being said, Hyourinjutsu still has the best animated version online).

Aside from who won the fight, I think most of the hatred comes from the numerous close-up shots likely done by Hyper Jerk. I didn't mind them, but I think there should've been less of them in the fight.

And as much as people dislike the Natsu sprite, it blends better with the Ace sprite than the version seen in OMM.

Also, they should've just did this multiple times to advertise the fight rather than the multiple flame puns https://twitter.com/BenBSinger/status/8 ... 9825196032
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:33 pm
Kirby vs. Buu was a very well animated battle despite the controversial results.
When DICE hasn't fixed your glitch in a month.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 pm
Scorpion vs Ryu is one of my favorite 2d fights.
Frickin' fantastic.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 pm
Gontron wrote:Kirby vs. Buu was a very well animated battle despite the controversial results.

PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:Scorpion vs Ryu is one of my favorite 2d fights.

A lot of these unpopular opinions aren't actually that unpopular. I'm pretty sure most people think these.
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:08 pm
Most of Kirby vs Buu's controversy stems from the fact that DBZ fans can't fathom one of their toughest villains (at the time anyway) losing to a cute, pink, Nintendo puffball and that any time a character from their franchise is miscalculated, they'll go haywire.

It's not like Gaara vs Toph where it's super obvious that the loser should've won. Kirby vs Buu is actually a pretty debatable matchup (that is barring the fact that Buu could get majorly upgraded in Super and the Youtube commenters won't check the date of the video).
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 pm
At the time of the fight's announcement, Buu pretty "obviously" stomped Kirby as far as I knew. I thought Kirby's only planet level feat was Megaton Punch, a minigame, which I considered "the video game equivalent of anime filler." Overall, it's pretty easy to get the idea that Kirby should have gotten ripped apart.

Now that I actually know things about Kirby I can see what was wrong with my line of thinking. It would have helped to provide more numbers for Kirby though, since that frying pan thing wasn't convincing me of shit.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!