Unpopular DEATH BATTLE Opinions

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100


Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:56 pm
So Todd is one of those people that think a costume change will make a difference in a fight.

Odyssey Mario vs all of fiction when?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6027
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 pm
The insistence that HW makes Zelda vs Peach a stomp in Zeldas favor is just funny to me.HW gives her fuck all that she didn't already have aside from her attacks having better AOE.People need to realize that AOE does not equal higher power.The Fire Emblem Warriors game is a really good example of this.
I will also never get casuals fixation on Shiek.Outside of stereotypical ninja smash Shiek she has fuck all to work with.The only combat related feat she has is getting her shit wrecked by Bongo Bongo without getting a single hit in.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 pm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Shgon Dunstan wrote:... Only those two?

They've had far worse reasoning and ruling, even in fights they got the outcome right in, much less those they didn't.

Hell, in Gaara Vs Toph they calmed they Gaara could control his sands density. Making it either lighter then air, or harder then steel... Never mind all those times it was both flying and durable. :roll:

Then of course, there is just big green electric pokemon...


And I don't get why people are so hung up on Gaara vs. Toph. There isn't a question about whether Gaara is powerful, they said he was, BUT, Toph is just as strong, just as clever, AND, she can sense ALL SAND AND EARTH! That's what makes Toph, Toph, and if she can sense it, she can bend it. Gaara might have techniques she's never seen (you know what I mean) before, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to adapt and take him out.

...oh! There's another unpopular Death Battle opinion! lol.
User avatar
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 am
Location: In Hyrule. There's so much shit to do...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:05 pm
ToddTalk wrote:And I don't get why people are so hung up on Gaara vs. Toph. There isn't a question about whether Gaara is powerful, they said he was, BUT, Toph is just as strong, just as clever, AND, she can sense ALL SAND AND EARTH! That's what makes Toph, Toph, and if she can sense it, she can bend it. Gaara might have techniques she's never seen (you know what I mean) before, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to adapt and take him out.

...oh! There's another unpopular Death Battle opinion! lol.

he beats her in stats alone.
Image
I would totally watch this poker match.
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6027
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm
Lol@Toph being even remotely on par with a kage level opponent.Early shippuuden alone gives him a feat well into the kilotons.
And that's without bringing up that he's so much faster that he beats her before she can even blink.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Darkest Recesses of my Mind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
Shgon Dunstan wrote:... Only those two?

They've had far worse reasoning and ruling, even in fights they got the outcome right in, much less those they didn't.

Hell, in Gaara Vs Toph they calmed they Gaara could control his sands density. Making it either lighter then air, or harder then steel... Never mind all those times it was both flying and durable. :roll:

Then of course, there is just big green electric pokemon...


And I don't get why people are so hung up on Gaara vs. Toph. There isn't a question about whether Gaara is powerful, they said he was, BUT, Toph is just as strong, just as clever, AND, she can sense ALL SAND AND EARTH! That's what makes Toph, Toph, and if she can sense it, she can bend it. Gaara might have techniques she's never seen (you know what I mean) before, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to adapt and take him out.

...oh! There's another unpopular Death Battle opinion! lol.


Next time on Death Battle:
Image

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:29 am
12cheeper wrote:People need to realize that AOE does not equal higher power.

... It kind of does. It isn't the only factor, but it certainly is one.

Hell, even going with game mechanics. An attack that hits two people for 6 damage is innately stronger then one that only deals it to one.


And that is aside from a lot of the time size being the only thing that can even be calced about an attack.
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6027
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:11 am
Shgon Dunstan wrote:
12cheeper wrote:People need to realize that AOE does not equal higher power.

... It kind of does. It isn't the only factor, but it certainly is one.

Hell, even going with game mechanics. An attack that hits two people for 6 damage is innately stronger then one that only deals it to one.


And that is aside from a lot of the time size being the only thing that can even be calced about an attack.

Sure,surface area is a thing after all.But in the realm of fiction a character having a high AOE doesn't make their attacks inherently more powerful than another characters lower AOE attacks.
Even then,at the end of the day a building level attack isn't gonna take out someone who's MCB whether it's a punch or a huge explosion so the point is kinda moot.

My point was that HW does next to nothing for Zelda.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: Twin Seed City
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 am
Yeah saying Zelda beats Peach because of HW is like saying Dante beats Cloud just because of how much cooler Dante looks in his own game.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
User avatar
Party Demon
Party Demon
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:59 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
Shgon Dunstan wrote:... Only those two?

They've had far worse reasoning and ruling, even in fights they got the outcome right in, much less those they didn't.

Hell, in Gaara Vs Toph they calmed they Gaara could control his sands density. Making it either lighter then air, or harder then steel... Never mind all those times it was both flying and durable. :roll:

Then of course, there is just big green electric pokemon...


And I don't get why people are so hung up on Gaara vs. Toph. There isn't a question about whether Gaara is powerful, they said he was, BUT, Toph is just as strong, just as clever, AND, she can sense ALL SAND AND EARTH! That's what makes Toph, Toph, and if she can sense it, she can bend it. Gaara might have techniques she's never seen (you know what I mean) before, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to adapt and take him out.

...oh! There's another unpopular Death Battle opinion! lol.

The main problem is that she isn't as strong, and nowhere near as fast.

Then of course, there is the whole "Gaara once picked up gold dust... Therefore he carried around enough of it in his gourd to cover a small child for the rest of his life!" bit of stupid.

Or that she could even bend dirt impurities inside of iron impurities inside of gold dust.

Or that covering her skin with a layer of dust would actually give her the armor needed to survive his attack.

And most certainly that the tiny little fight they had would of left with completely out of chakra...

Oh yeah, and IIRC that his mom only controls the sand in his gourd, rather then every bit of it he is.


Oh, and that they basically just gave her the ability to completely override his control over sand without him being able to do anything about it. As after all, she isn't a wizard. To turn sand into rock... She kind of has to move it.

Edit: Knew I forgot something important. There’s also the issue of Gaara’s sealing tags. Just use one of them when Toph tries to suit herself out in rock/sand/gold armor, and... Gaara has himself a new lawn ornament. The best part being that Toph is blind, so... Can’t actually see the curse marks spreading from the little bits of paper.

Hell, he should be able to just put them directly on her, as they seem to be the same tags used on the wrapped up Eros.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], hunterzillas and 4 guests