Unpopular DEATH BATTLE Opinions

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:I always thought the only reason they pushed infinite superman was so people wouldn’t annoy them by asking do a third one when goku gets a new power up, so they wouldn’t constantly have to do goku vs superman.

My thoughts to9, but that's still makes it dishonest.

I can’t really blame them too much. It was a lose-lose scenario no matter what.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm
That’s really bad reason to claim something that Superman isn’t, just so they wouldn’t have to bother with more.

Goku has gotten hilariously more feats like Universe Punch, Hakai in manga, surviving Hakai in anime, shaking I N F I N I T E void & Ultra Instinct.

I also love how they said, “if you had a Goku that was as powerful as Superman, would you even want him?”. And well, let’s just say Dragon Ball Super has been tons of fun lol.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:That’s really bad reason to claim something that Superman isn’t, just so they wouldn’t have to bother with more.

Goku has gotten hilariously more feats like Universe Punch, Hakai in manga, surviving Hakai in anime, shaking I N F I N I T E void & Ultra Instinct.

I also love how they said, “if you had a Goku that was as powerful as Superman, would you even want him?”. And well, let’s just say Dragon Ball Super has been tons of fun lol.

It’s not great, but I can see why they did it. I certainly wouldn’t want to be pestered over the same matchup over and over again. Also, imo Goku has never been a good character.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:
TMaakkonen wrote:That’s really bad reason to claim something that Superman isn’t, just so they wouldn’t have to bother with more.

It’s not great, but I can see why they did it. I certainly wouldn’t want to be pestered over the same matchup over and over again. Also, imo Goku has never been a good character.

As in he is badly written or you don’t personally like him? He is ok, but really fun if you don’t look too deeply into him. I don’t like it when Goku is over hated, but like Gohan gets massive praise. Both are fine, neither are bad.

Meanwhile, I believe Superman is hard character to write well. There are very few Superman incarnations that I like, most notably TAS version. Meanwhile Injustice has Superman who is just evil because teh Jouker trickled him lol. I feel like this is partly why I see many people not care about Supes. He is hard to write right.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:10 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:

As in he is badly written or you don’t personally like him? He is ok, but really fun if you don’t look too deeply into him. I don’t like it when Goku is over hated, but like Gohan gets massive praise. Both are fine, neither are bad.

Meanwhile, I believe Superman is hard character to write well. There are very few Superman incarnations that I like, most notably TAS version. Meanwhile Injustice has Superman who is just evil because teh Jouker trickled him lol. I feel like this is partly why I see many people not care about Supes. He is hard to write right.

I like Goku, he’s amusing, it’s just that he only has one notable personality trait. He isn’t very interesting. Superman on the other hand, while hard to write, is an excellent character when written well.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:26 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:I like Goku, he’s amusing, it’s just that he only has one notable personality trait. He isn’t very interesting. Superman on the other hand, while hard to write, is an excellent character when written well.

Well yeah, Goku is not deep character at all, however he is entertaining as heck. Especially in earlier DB, where his battles were fun to watch.

This is cheap fun vs deep written characters. While I prefer mostly fun, I can appreciate deep characters as well. This is probably why Goku is seemingly more popular than Superman. I think fun Goku is easier to enjoy rather than occasionally written deep character like Superman, who unfortunately when not written well, is either just there or bland.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:I like Goku, he’s amusing, it’s just that he only has one notable personality trait. He isn’t very interesting. Superman on the other hand, while hard to write, is an excellent character when written well.

Well yeah, Goku is not deep character at all, however he is entertaining as heck. Especially in earlier DB, where his battles were fun to watch.

This is cheap fun vs deep written characters. While I prefer mostly fun, I can appreciate deep characters as well. This is probably why Goku is seemingly more popular than Superman. I think fun Goku is easier to enjoy rather than occasionally written deep character like Superman, who unfortunately when not written well, is either just there or bland.

Yeah, Goku is more likeable from a more casual perspective.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 pm
Goku's more likeable if you don't actually know who the fuck Superman is

Most people don't. They know his name and face, but not so much who he is.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm
To be fair, DC themselves haven’t been helping with that. This is kinda getting off topic though.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:52 pm
Iron Joe wrote:Goku's more likeable if you don't actually know who the fuck Superman is

Most people don't. They know his name and face, but not so much who he is.

So DC doesn't actually know who the fuck Superman is?
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!