Unpopular DEATH BATTLE Opinions

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:03 am
Future_k wrote:I'll be honest, I don't need a match up to be thematic too be an enjoyable match up. The characters themes hardly affect the fight at all. Ideally I just want the match up to be fun to argue and insightful.

For example, Justice League vs. Power Rangers cross-over that's happening. No thematic connection but that's still gonna be hella fun to watch

I feel as though themes can be a limit on how fun a match-up can be at times. A good example are those old Mario vs Goku videos where they fought and it was completely badass. Idk maybe it's just me.

It is just you.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:31 pm
The best character entrance for Death Battle goes to Hulk hands down. The whole city begging for a hero, Hot Wind Blowing starts playing in the background, and the Avengers send a capsule over to the city to unleash the big guns right away.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am
After rewatching the original Goku vs Superman, I think that the fight there, despite the animation being far from top notch, was one of the best in DB period.

On an unrelated note, it's funny as hell that people still leave salty comments under a 4 years old video.
Fuck reasons! It's Fighting Spirit!
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:06 pm
Iron Joe wrote:What even would be a close, thematic matchup for Scrooge? Sly?

Cranky Kong.

Toratorn wrote:After rewatching the original Goku vs Superman, I think that the fight there, despite the animation being far from top notch, was one of the best in DB period.

On an unrelated note, it's funny as hell that people still leave salty comments under a 4 years old video.

It's generally agreed that part 1 is one of the best in the series by a majority here, only Part 2 was the problem child, which had a great intro talking about the history of GvS, a fairly solid animation but a TERRIBLE resolution.
Last edited by fawfulmark2 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm
Even animation is pretty meh.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:21 pm
GvS 1 had great voice acting and choreography, but Superman's lifeless model and the incredibly shiny buildings hurt it a bit. Either way, it destroys the show's first attempt at a 3D fight, Link vs Cloud, by a landslide.
Hungryyyyy... must... feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:33 pm
BrawlTheMan wrote:GvS 1 had great voice acting and choreography, but Superman's lifeless model and the incredibly shiny buildings hurt it a bit. Either way, it destroys the show's first attempt at a 3D fight, Link vs Cloud, by a landslide.

Yeah,Link vs Cloud always felt a bit stiff to me.Almost like it was a child playing with toys.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:49 pm
Was Hulk vs Doomsday unfinished? I rewatched the first part of the fight and lot of bystanders are random colors.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:Was Hulk vs Doomsday unfinished? I rewatched the first part of the fight and lot of bystanders are random colors.

Obviously the fight took place in the world of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:54 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:Was Hulk vs Doomsday unfinished? I rewatched the first part of the fight and lot of bystanders are random colors.

That choice is meant to save time by making civilians appear as silhouettes. Happened in Yang vs Tifa as well
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!