Unpopular DEATH BATTLE Opinions

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:11 am
I liked both Deadpool Vs Deathstroke and Kirby Vs Buu. I liked Deadpool's dialogue, and I liked Kirby's finisher.
This is not a thread about changing people's opinion about their favourite battles. So don't try it.
“Fighting vegetarian zombies ought to make for an interesting experience...... Experience? Wait, could that be the bonus reward she was talking about?”
-Robin, Fire Emblem.
Is probably the only person hyping up Carolina Vs The Meta.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:14 am
Extreme Tactician wrote:I liked both Deadpool Vs Deathstroke and Kirby Vs Buu. I liked Deadpool's dialogue, and I liked Kirby's finisher.
This is not a thread about changing people's opinion about their favourite battles. So don't try it.

Is it ok to just make threads like this? I have always been a little iffy on that rule. For me though its Mai vs Chun Li and Shadow vs Vegeta.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:22 am
I just can't hate Wade n' Slade. The animation was just so good, and Deadpool's character was portrayed perfectly.

Peach vs. Zelda was neat for its time, and looking back, they were pretty honest about just what all Zelda is really capable of: jack diddly. I do wish the sheep thing was represented more accurately, though. That led to a lot of confusion from fanboys.

I also loved Akuma vs. Shang Tsung. Having not yet watched Samus vs. Boba at the time, I thought the life bars were just there because they were both fighting game characters. Regardless, I found the match as hype as anything. Plus, Akuma is cool.

This is where I'd put Link vs. Cloud, but I'm slowly seeing the light like everyone else nowadays.

Bats n' Spidey can count depending on what you mean by "everyone," and everyone who's not here thinks Batman should have won. So yeah.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 am
Iron Joe wrote:I just can't hate Wade n' Slade. The animation was just so good, and Deadpool's character was portrayed perfectly.

Peach vs. Zelda was neat for its time, and looking back, they were pretty honest about just what all Zelda is really capable of: jack diddly. I do wish the sheep thing was represented more accurately, though. That led to a lot of confusion from fanboys.

I also loved Akuma vs. Shang Tsung. Having not yet watched Samus vs. Boba at the time, I thought the life bars were just there because they were both fighting game characters. Regardless, I found the match as hype as anything. Plus, Akuma is cool.

This is where I'd put Link vs. Cloud, but I'm slowly seeing the light like everyone else nowadays.

Bats n' Spidey can count depending on what you mean by "everyone," and everyone who's not here thinks Batman should have won. So yeah.

What do you mean "seeing the light?" ;)
Last edited by BerialEdge on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:26 am
Blanka vs Pikachu :mrgreen:
This is going to be fun...

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:50 am
Iron Joe wrote:I just can't hate Wade n' Slade. The animation was just so good, and Deadpool's character was portrayed perfectly.

Link Vs Cloud used non-canon sources, right? In Hyrule Warriors, Link can flip the Earth.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te8JaWMP ... e=youtu.be
“Fighting vegetarian zombies ought to make for an interesting experience...... Experience? Wait, could that be the bonus reward she was talking about?”
-Robin, Fire Emblem.
Is probably the only person hyping up Carolina Vs The Meta.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:53 am
Extreme Tactician wrote:

Link Vs Cloud used non-canon sources, right? In Hyrule Warriors, Link can flip the Earth.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te8JaWMP ... e=youtu.be

Usually when they use non canon sources, its to draw moves from not feats. Like smash moves for kirby and link, mvc for strider, and so on. They just use these moves to spruce up the animation. As far as I know, non canon feats are not used.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:58 am
BerialEdge wrote:

Welllllll....
Spoiler
Now that I know why some Zelda characters are said to have certain levels of power, I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that Link is as strong as they say.

Like, sure, Link can beat Cloud if he has the full Triforce, but a. He didn't in this Death Battle and b. Whoop dee doo, so could I. It's not some Link-exclusive power-up or anything of the sort.

The Master Sword screwing with Cloud's Jenova cells argument seems rather iffy, not unlike the whole Blanka resisting Iron Tail thing. Would the world of Final Fantasy 7 be better off without Cloud? That's debatable, but regardless, he's not evil. Sure, Jenova is very evil, but circumstances of one's birth and all that.

My dicking around on the GameFAQs FF7-R board has also resulted in me learning a little more about Cloud, and respecting him a little more, causing me to be far less biased in Link's favor. That said, I keep hearing about Cloud willingly handing Seph the Black Materia...I think I'm gonna need some context for that, because that sounds really stupid, even if the Aerith thing hadn't happened yet.

Still, smarts is an overrated stat. I wouldn't bet on Albert Einstein against GIR.

Another argument I would make is the ol' no-limits fallacy concerning the Hylian Shield. Oh, Zelda, you and your no-limits fallacies.

BUUUUUT, this isn't the place for that.

And in non-canon sources, Cloud can hold his own against bloody Sora. "Flipping the planet" requires those gauntlets tho.

If it wasn't for the fact that Cloud would destroy her, Cloud fighting the Great Fairy with Link in a bottle would be pretty hilarious.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 am
Iron Joe wrote:
BerialEdge wrote:

Welllllll....
Spoiler
Now that I know why some Zelda characters are said to have certain levels of power, I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that Link is as strong as they say.

Like, sure, Link can beat Cloud if he has the full Triforce, but a. He didn't in this Death Battle and b. Whoop dee doo, so could I. It's not some Link-exclusive power-up or anything of the sort.

The Master Sword screwing with Cloud's Jenova cells argument seems rather iffy, not unlike the whole Blanka resisting Iron Tail thing. Would the world of Final Fantasy 7 be better off without Cloud? That's debatable, but regardless, he's not evil. Sure, Jenova is very evil, but circumstances of one's birth and all that.

My dicking around on the GameFAQs FF7-R board has also resulted in me learning a little more about Cloud, and respecting him a little more, causing me to be far less biased in Link's favor. That said, I keep hearing about Cloud willingly handing Seph the Black Materia...I think I'm gonna need some context for that, because that sounds really stupid, even if the Aerith thing hadn't happened yet.

Still, smarts is an overrated stat. I wouldn't bet on Albert Einstein against GIR.

Another argument I would make is the ol' no-limits fallacy concerning the Hylian Shield. Oh, Zelda, you and your no-limits fallacies.

BUUUUUT, this isn't the place for that.

And in non-canon sources, Cloud can hold his own against bloody Sora. "Flipping the planet" requires those gauntlets tho.

If it wasn't for the fact that Cloud would destroy her, Cloud fighting the Great Fairy with Link in a bottle would be pretty hilarious.

I totally agree, I was just poking fun. Cloud is a beast and was beaten with the nerf hammer, stripped of his best equipment and given garbage magic. No bueno. As far as the black materia thing, Sephiroth kinda forced it. Cloud was being mind controlled by Sephiroths will.
Last edited by BerialEdge on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 am
.....this thread is gonna be locked soon right? :(
This is going to be fun...

Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!