The Voice Actors for DEATH BATTLE Thread

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:28 pm
thebrawlbro wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:Huh. We haven't had Chris in DB since he voiced Gaara.

He's probably going to be Bane. Calling it.

should've been Xander

Well, the tweet outright says he will play Bane.

I didn't see the "respectively" part. Ripperino.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 pm
Spoiler
It'd be hilarious if they got Johnny Yong Bosch to voice the Black Ranger for the episode. I highly doubt he's still under contract given for Power Rangers since the last power rangers-related thing he did was in 2007, and the last time he was a regular for it was 1997, 10 years ago and 20 years ago respectively.

There's the issue of Screwattack being in Texas but Johnny living in LA, but then again, Todd Haberkorn and Xander Mobus happened.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:47 am
YoshinoVA wrote:
Spoiler
It'd be hilarious if they got Johnny Yong Bosch to voice the Black Ranger for the episode. I highly doubt he's still under contract given for Power Rangers since the last power rangers-related thing he did was in 2007, and the last time he was a regular for it was 1997, 10 years ago and 20 years ago respectively.

There's the issue of Screwattack being in Texas but Johnny living in LA, but then again, Todd Haberkorn and Xander Mobus happened.

Spoiler
We did have JYB briefly reprise his role in the alt (better) ending of Ryu vs Green Ranger on BitS. But I think people are overestimating the connections SA has to voice actors. The VAs are either internet celebrities like Xander, locals, or Funimation if they want something a little more on the professional side.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 am
comicking428 wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
We did have JYB briefly reprise his role in the alt (better) ending of Ryu vs Green Ranger on BitS. But I think people are overestimating the connections SA has to voice actors. The VAs are either internet celebrities like Xander, locals, or Funimation if they want something a little more on the professional side.

Spoiler
They aren't. It's pretty much just me. I'm not even saying he should, I just think it'd be hilarious.

I don't think Xander has ever been an internet celebrity. His involvement with screwattack was around the time he was recording for Smash bros 4 or auditioning, but he's been doing it professionally since 2012. I could also bring up the fact that I also listed Todd Haberkorn, who isn't as involved with funi that much during the recording of Tai vs Red, or Erica Mendez as she wasn't really internet famous but still lived in LA in the same instance as Xander (She was Rainbow Dash in that one DB in 2011, but had been doing so professionally since 2010), and a few others I know live in LA but were still in DB. It's a possibility, and there have been cases in which it has happened before.

Still not saying it will happen, but you aren't 100% correct.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 am
YoshinoVA wrote:
comicking428 wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
They aren't. It's pretty much just me. I'm not even saying he should, I just think it'd be hilarious.

I don't think Xander has ever been an internet celebrity. His involvement with screwattack was around the time he was recording for Smash bros 4 or auditioning, but he's been doing it professionally since 2012. I could also bring up the fact that I also listed Todd Haberkorn, who isn't as involved with funi that much during the recording of Tai vs Red, or Erica Mendez as she wasn't really internet famous but still lived in LA in the same instance as Xander (She was Rainbow Dash in that one DB in 2011, but had been doing so professionally since 2010), and a few others I know live in LA but were still in DB. It's a possibility, and there have been cases in which it has happened before.

Still not saying it will happen, but you aren't 100% correct.

Spoiler
I kinda tie internet celebrities and voice actors who get their work through the internet in the same category. Probably should've clarified that tbh. The process was a little different for getting VAs in the earlier parts of Season 2, but have changed more thanks to Marissa and their connections to Funimation. Back when Ben was doing it before Marissa it was primarily internet talent with TFS being the cream of the crop.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am
comicking428 wrote:
Spoiler
I kinda tie internet celebrities and voice actors who get their work through the internet in the same category. Probably should've clarified that tbh. The process was a little different for getting VAs in the earlier parts of Season 2, but have changed more thanks to Marissa and their connections to Funimation. Back when Ben was doing it before Marissa it was primarily internet talent with TFS being the cream of the crop.

If you want a decent barometer of which actors I can and can't get, you need look no further than other projects I've cast in the past. ;)

That being said, Death Battle is a non-union show, so any union actors in my other projects are pretty much out the window for DB, unless something really special gets worked out.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:42 pm
Well, we now have the biggest voice cast for a Death Battle yet with this episode. I decided to bump this up to balance this out with the actual Voltron vs Megazord thread.

So being that I'm more accustomed to the Voltron reboot, you can imagine how jarring it was to hear MatPat come out of Keith's mouth (I know how annoying Pidge was back in the og and that he was a guy, so hearing Neko didn't bother me)...

Aside from that, everyone looks solidly cast! Any VA you're particularly excited for? Mine'll be Lanipator as Hunk and PBG as Lance.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Black Nerd Comedy as Zack is probably the only thing I'll ever need to hear for the rest of my life.

Morgan Berry as the Yellow Ranger is cool too. I'm more on the side of the Power Rangers now, solely because I know most of the voice cast and all of them are top notch. Not to say the voltron side isn't top notch, but...

Matpat kind of lowers the quality of it.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:53 pm
We got PB and Jeff, that's cool. They're on opposing sides tho lol.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:35 pm
Now that they got PBG and SH to voice in an episode I wonder if they'll get Jontron in a episo-Oh wait!
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!