The Voice Actors for DEATH BATTLE Thread

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 pm
comicking428 wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:No one can live up to Michael Bell or Jeremy Shada's work, and MatPat's voice sounds like a cheap knock off of Jeremy Shada's version of Lance. It's the only character within this group I see as miscasted.

You realize MatPat's voicing Keith, right? PeanutButterGamer's voicing Lance.

That's even worse because he still sounds like a cheap knock off of Jeremy Shada.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 am
YoshinoVA wrote:
comicking428 wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:No one can live up to Michael Bell or Jeremy Shada's work, and MatPat's voice sounds like a cheap knock off of Jeremy Shada's version of Lance. It's the only character within this group I see as miscasted.

You realize MatPat's voicing Keith, right? PeanutButterGamer's voicing Lance.

That's even worse because he still sounds like a cheap knock off of Jeremy Shada.

I cast MatPat as Keith for a pretty simple reason. Neil Ross, the actor we wanted to emulate, has a very unique voice. The pacing and cadence of it would be difficult to duplicate without the effect being lackluster. So, instead, I chose a YouTuber whom I felt had a very unique voice of their own, as a sort of stand-in approximation, rather than a complete voice-match. MatPat was the perfect candidate for that, since his voice stands out quite a bit as being particular.

It's the same situation we faced with Tai from Digimon: Joshua Seth's voice is so unique, that a one-to-one voice match would have never worked without sounding flimsy. So we brought in Todd, who also has a unique voice, to bring his own spin to the character.

I sincerely hope you guys will give MatPat's depiction of Keith a chance. It made me smile whenever I listened to his lines, and I hope you'll enjoy it when you hear the full episode. :D
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:28 am
mlenti wrote:I cast MatPat as Keith for a pretty simple reason. Neil Ross, the actor we wanted to emulate, has a very unique voice. The pacing and cadence of it would be difficult to duplicate without the effect being lackluster. So, instead, I chose a YouTuber whom I felt had a very unique voice of their own, as a sort of stand-in approximation, rather than a complete voice-match. MatPat was the perfect candidate for that, since his voice stands out quite a bit as being particular.

It's the same situation we faced with Tai from Digimon: Joshua Seth's voice is so unique, that a one-to-one voice match would have never worked without sounding flimsy. So we brought in Todd, who also has a unique voice, to bring his own spin to the character.

I sincerely hope you guys will give MatPat's depiction of Keith a chance. It made me smile whenever I listened to his lines, and I hope you'll enjoy it when you hear the full episode. :D

I suppose that makes more sense. It explains why the voice didn't exactly earn me any points, but it was only a few seconds long.

You did a really good job casting everyone else, though, so I'll wait for the episode to come out.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm
Matpat's voice sounds different, he might have strained it during the Deathbattle

Spoiler
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:21 am
Since I can already guess that we are going to get voices for Ace VS Natsu, who do think is going to voice them because I think it's gotta be someone who's similar to both Travis Willingham (Ace's VA) and Todd Haberkorn (Natsu's VA) in their respective animes.
I hope Noel VS Aigis will be in Season 5 and hopefully it'll be for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle's release in 2018.
Spoiler
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 pm
I wonder what characters could be voiced by other popular Youtubers, like Egoraptor, Dan Avidan, Rubberninja, and Maximilian. Y'all got any ideas?

One of these is not like the others, I realize. He may also not really be suited for a voice acting role but I could be wrong.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 pm
Iron Joe wrote:I wonder what characters could be voiced by other popular Youtubers, like Egoraptor, Dan Avidan, Rubberninja, and Maximilian. Y'all got any ideas?

One of these is not like the others, I realize. He may also not really be suited for a voice acting role but I could be wrong.

YouTubers (incluiding Abridgeds), Funanimation voice actors and Rooster Teeth VAs. I think there must be people who are good at voice acting in those three fields, ScrewAttack just have to choose between so many options.
Spoiler
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 pm
I have no idea what Ace sounds like, but J. Michael Tatum could be a good fit.

As for Natsu, just slap on his VA from pallettownchampions FT Abridged and call it a day
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm
Voice actors confirmed.

https://twitter.com/BenBSinger/status/8 ... 8241718280
I hope Noel VS Aigis will be in Season 5 and hopefully it'll be for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle's release in 2018.
Spoiler
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 pm
Howards a pretty good fit for Natsu. Haven't seen the guy playing Ace in anything (to my knowledge) so some one will have to fill me in if he's any good or not.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!