Death Battle world changing

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:46 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:
I'll grant that- but Toph most certainly WOULD be taken prisoner by the Leaf and Sand Villages- she's far too weak to deal with any of them. Also Rin's sacrifice wasn't exactly pointless. Do remember that the Three Tails had been sealed inside of Rin at that point and that taking her back to the village was what the cloud village (and unbeknownst to Obito, Madara) wanted, as then it would burst out and start rampaging. Even then, Rin was doomed anyway since Madara had a Xanatos gambit in check that would ensure Rin's death and Obito's corruption. Thing is, most of the people Naruto's tried to redeem are people who've become jaded and cynical, like Obito. I didn't see Naruto try to redeem Madara (But who would?) or Kaguya (then again for the former he was on the brink of life and death and for the latter he was working with Sasuke). AS for Sasuke I guess that was one of Naruto's personal goals (I mean it made up a good portion of his motivation to get stronger as part 2 progressed), and Naruto honestly believed the Akatsuki were manipulating Sasuke up until Obito told him the truth of the Uchiha Massacre, and even then, vowed to deal with Sasuke himself, even being prepared to kill Sasuke if that's what it came to. (It didn't come to that, but still). Considering Toph attacked and murdered Gaara for no reason whatsoever, I'd struggle to say that even someone like Naruto would be able to forgive Toph. Even the god damn Akatsuki had more of a reason, and even then Naruto struggled to forgive Nagato for his actions and could only do so after hearing his side of the story and basically breaking Nagato via talking, causing Nagato to redeem himself by undoing the damage he dealt. For something as simple and dumb as 'he told me to leave, so we fought and I killed him', I don't think Naruto would have it in him, especially since it was one of his closest friends who died for such a dumb reason. And if the Earth Kingdom attacks the Leaf and Sand Villages (Given how Toph is one of their best and brightest plus a war hero in her own right), blood WILL spill. Mostly the blood of thousands of helpless earthbenders as they get obliterated by people way out of their league. Even Kurama (Y'know, the Nine-Tailed Fox), who Naruto has consistently had bouts with prior to the two becoming friends, had a good reason to hate humanity (Because it kept treating him as either a monster, a weapon or both) and Naruto only redeemed Kurama when he came to treat Kurama like an actual person. That's even assuming Naruto learns of what happened before the Sand Ninja (who would undoubtedly be the first to jump to the call) find and kill Toph for her actions. Even if Naruto DID find and forgive Toph before the Sand Ninja found and promptly executed her, she would still be in grave danger as plenty of people would still harbor a pretty large grudge against Toph for killing one of the most beloved figures in the Naruto World (I mean he WAS the guy who unified the Shinobi Alliance, and one of the most well-liked characters just before Naruto himself), and unless Naruto kept his Sage Mode or Six Paths Sage Mode on at all times, there wouldn't be much stopping somebody from going to kill Toph while Naruto has his back turned. I'm pretty sure the only reason Sasuke hasn't had people make attempts on his life yet is because Sasuke is simply too strong.

go outside
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:05 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:I'll grant that- but Toph most certainly WOULD be taken prisoner by the Leaf and Sand Villages- she's far too weak to deal with any of them. Also Rin's sacrifice wasn't exactly pointless. Do remember that the Three Tails had been sealed inside of Rin at that point and that taking her back to the village was what the cloud village (and unbeknownst to Obito, Madara) wanted, as then it would burst out and start rampaging. Even then, Rin was doomed anyway since Madara had a Xanatos gambit in check that would ensure Rin's death and Obito's corruption. Thing is, most of the people Naruto's tried to redeem are people who've become jaded and cynical, like Obito. I didn't see Naruto try to redeem Madara (But who would?) or Kaguya (then again for the former he was on the brink of life and death and for the latter he was working with Sasuke). AS for Sasuke I guess that was one of Naruto's personal goals (I mean it made up a good portion of his motivation to get stronger as part 2 progressed), and Naruto honestly believed the Akatsuki were manipulating Sasuke up until Obito told him the truth of the Uchiha Massacre, and even then, vowed to deal with Sasuke himself, even being prepared to kill Sasuke if that's what it came to. (It didn't come to that, but still). Considering Toph attacked and murdered Gaara for no reason whatsoever, I'd struggle to say that even someone like Naruto would be able to forgive Toph. Even the god damn Akatsuki had more of a reason, and even then Naruto struggled to forgive Nagato for his actions and could only do so after hearing his side of the story and basically breaking Nagato via talking, causing Nagato to redeem himself by undoing the damage he dealt. For something as simple and dumb as 'he told me to leave, so we fought and I killed him', I don't think Naruto would have it in him, especially since it was one of his closest friends who died for such a dumb reason. And if the Earth Kingdom attacks the Leaf and Sand Villages (Given how Toph is one of their best and brightest plus a war hero in her own right), blood WILL spill. Mostly the blood of thousands of helpless earthbenders as they get obliterated by people way out of their league. Even Kurama (Y'know, the Nine-Tailed Fox), who Naruto has consistently had bouts with prior to the two becoming friends, had a good reason to hate humanity (Because it kept treating him as either a monster, a weapon or both) and Naruto only redeemed Kurama when he came to treat Kurama like an actual person. That's even assuming Naruto learns of what happened before the Sand Ninja (who would undoubtedly be the first to jump to the call) find and kill Toph for her actions. Even if Naruto DID find and forgive Toph before the Sand Ninja found and promptly executed her, she would still be in grave danger as plenty of people would still harbor a pretty large grudge against Toph for killing one of the most beloved figures in the Naruto World (I mean he WAS the guy who unified the Shinobi Alliance, and one of the most well-liked characters just before Naruto himself), and unless Naruto kept his Sage Mode or Six Paths Sage Mode on at all times, there wouldn't be much stopping somebody from going to kill Toph while Naruto has his back turned. I'm pretty sure the only reason Sasuke hasn't had people make attempts on his life yet is because Sasuke is simply too strong.

Naruto is one of the most frustrating Shounen protagonists I invested in. He would try to prevent a war between the Earth Kingdom and the Major villages. One of the many storylines in Shippuden was him trying to achieve peace for the world. How he accomplished it was based on the chance that no other villages would try to fight each other and people would come to understand each other (He motivated them by showing his memories) while Sasuke's plan was more realistic (It was basically Lelouch's Zero Requiem plan without the dying part). Based on my Naruto knowledge, the blonde knucklehead will use his Jesus powers to persuade everyone to not go to war and not get revenge on Toph as he had forgiven and "redeemed" her.

Also, it was the Hidden Mist Village that sealed the Three Tails inside Rin (which I found to have a 50% chance of working. On hand had, they destroy the Hidden Leaf. On the other, it fails and has given a rivaling village a weapon of mass destruction). Hashirama had a better chance of redeeming Madara than Naruto. Naruto didn't try to redeem Kaguya because she was a one dimensional character even with the filler background and everyone wanted the War Arc to finish already.
The One True Zero!
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm
VampyreNVRmore wrote:
Neosonic97 wrote:I'll grant that- but Toph most certainly WOULD be taken prisoner by the Leaf and Sand Villages- she's far too weak to deal with any of them. Also Rin's sacrifice wasn't exactly pointless. Do remember that the Three Tails had been sealed inside of Rin at that point and that taking her back to the village was what the cloud village (and unbeknownst to Obito, Madara) wanted, as then it would burst out and start rampaging. Even then, Rin was doomed anyway since Madara had a Xanatos gambit in check that would ensure Rin's death and Obito's corruption. Thing is, most of the people Naruto's tried to redeem are people who've become jaded and cynical, like Obito. I didn't see Naruto try to redeem Madara (But who would?) or Kaguya (then again for the former he was on the brink of life and death and for the latter he was working with Sasuke). AS for Sasuke I guess that was one of Naruto's personal goals (I mean it made up a good portion of his motivation to get stronger as part 2 progressed), and Naruto honestly believed the Akatsuki were manipulating Sasuke up until Obito told him the truth of the Uchiha Massacre, and even then, vowed to deal with Sasuke himself, even being prepared to kill Sasuke if that's what it came to. (It didn't come to that, but still). Considering Toph attacked and murdered Gaara for no reason whatsoever, I'd struggle to say that even someone like Naruto would be able to forgive Toph. Even the god damn Akatsuki had more of a reason, and even then Naruto struggled to forgive Nagato for his actions and could only do so after hearing his side of the story and basically breaking Nagato via talking, causing Nagato to redeem himself by undoing the damage he dealt. For something as simple and dumb as 'he told me to leave, so we fought and I killed him', I don't think Naruto would have it in him, especially since it was one of his closest friends who died for such a dumb reason. And if the Earth Kingdom attacks the Leaf and Sand Villages (Given how Toph is one of their best and brightest plus a war hero in her own right), blood WILL spill. Mostly the blood of thousands of helpless earthbenders as they get obliterated by people way out of their league. Even Kurama (Y'know, the Nine-Tailed Fox), who Naruto has consistently had bouts with prior to the two becoming friends, had a good reason to hate humanity (Because it kept treating him as either a monster, a weapon or both) and Naruto only redeemed Kurama when he came to treat Kurama like an actual person. That's even assuming Naruto learns of what happened before the Sand Ninja (who would undoubtedly be the first to jump to the call) find and kill Toph for her actions. Even if Naruto DID find and forgive Toph before the Sand Ninja found and promptly executed her, she would still be in grave danger as plenty of people would still harbor a pretty large grudge against Toph for killing one of the most beloved figures in the Naruto World (I mean he WAS the guy who unified the Shinobi Alliance, and one of the most well-liked characters just before Naruto himself), and unless Naruto kept his Sage Mode or Six Paths Sage Mode on at all times, there wouldn't be much stopping somebody from going to kill Toph while Naruto has his back turned. I'm pretty sure the only reason Sasuke hasn't had people make attempts on his life yet is because Sasuke is simply too strong.

Naruto is one of the most frustrating Shounen protagonists I invested in. He would try to prevent a war between the Earth Kingdom and the Major villages. One of the many storylines in Shippuden was him trying to achieve peace for the world. How he accomplished it was based on the chance that no other villages would try to fight each other and people would come to understand each other (He motivated them by showing his memories) while Sasuke's plan was more realistic (It was basically Lelouch's Zero Requiem plan without the dying part). Based on my Naruto knowledge, the blonde knucklehead will use his Jesus powers to persuade everyone to not go to war and not get revenge on Toph as he had forgiven and "redeemed" her.

Also, it was the Hidden Mist Village that sealed the Three Tails inside Rin (which I found to have a 50% chance of working. On hand had, they destroy the Hidden Leaf. On the other, it fails and has given a rivaling village a weapon of mass destruction). Hashirama had a better chance of redeeming Madara than Naruto. Naruto didn't try to redeem Kaguya because she was a one dimensional character even with the filler background and everyone wanted the War Arc to finish already.

Mist's plan was "seal giant monster in Rin and hope she goes home where it might escape and kill everyone". Because really, there was NOTHING they could do to actually make her go to Konoha.

Unless we're supposed to assume Madara somehow managed to mind control everyone involved except Kakashi from his cave where he was essentially hooked up on life support, which is even stupider.

Also, the "enter" button is your friend and won't hurt you, neosonic, so please use it and don't post giant BLOCKS of text.
Next time on Death Battle:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:50 pm
The Dog wrote:
VampyreNVRmore wrote:

Mist's plan was "seal giant monster in Rin and hope she goes home where it might escape and kill everyone". Because really, there was NOTHING they could do to actually make her go to Konoha.

Unless we're supposed to assume Madara somehow managed to mind control everyone involved except Kakashi from his cave where he was essentially hooked up on life support, which is even stupider.

Also, the "enter" button is your friend and won't hurt you, neosonic, so please use it and don't post giant BLOCKS of text.

Madara manipulated the Hidden Mist and orchestrated the whole event about Rin and the Three Tails in order to gain Obito's allegiance. I don't now how he exactly did it considering his condition, but I'm willing to bet it somehow involved Zetsu.
The One True Zero!
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:

I'll grant that- but Toph most certainly WOULD be taken prisoner by the Leaf and Sand Villages- she's far too weak to deal with any of them. Also Rin's sacrifice wasn't exactly pointless. Do remember that the Three Tails had been sealed inside of Rin at that point and that taking her back to the village was what the cloud village (and unbeknownst to Obito, Madara) wanted, as then it would burst out and start rampaging. Even then, Rin was doomed anyway since Madara had a Xanatos gambit in check that would ensure Rin's death and Obito's corruption. Thing is, most of the people Naruto's tried to redeem are people who've become jaded and cynical, like Obito. I didn't see Naruto try to redeem Madara (But who would?) or Kaguya (then again for the former he was on the brink of life and death and for the latter he was working with Sasuke). AS for Sasuke I guess that was one of Naruto's personal goals (I mean it made up a good portion of his motivation to get stronger as part 2 progressed), and Naruto honestly believed the Akatsuki were manipulating Sasuke up until Obito told him the truth of the Uchiha Massacre, and even then, vowed to deal with Sasuke himself, even being prepared to kill Sasuke if that's what it came to. (It didn't come to that, but still). Considering Toph attacked and murdered Gaara for no reason whatsoever, I'd struggle to say that even someone like Naruto would be able to forgive Toph. Even the god damn Akatsuki had more of a reason, and even then Naruto struggled to forgive Nagato for his actions and could only do so after hearing his side of the story and basically breaking Nagato via talking, causing Nagato to redeem himself by undoing the damage he dealt. For something as simple and dumb as 'he told me to leave, so we fought and I killed him', I don't think Naruto would have it in him, especially since it was one of his closest friends who died for such a dumb reason. And if the Earth Kingdom attacks the Leaf and Sand Villages (Given how Toph is one of their best and brightest plus a war hero in her own right), blood WILL spill. Mostly the blood of thousands of helpless earthbenders as they get obliterated by people way out of their league. Even Kurama (Y'know, the Nine-Tailed Fox), who Naruto has consistently had bouts with prior to the two becoming friends, had a good reason to hate humanity (Because it kept treating him as either a monster, a weapon or both) and Naruto only redeemed Kurama when he came to treat Kurama like an actual person. That's even assuming Naruto learns of what happened before the Sand Ninja (who would undoubtedly be the first to jump to the call) find and kill Toph for her actions. Even if Naruto DID find and forgive Toph before the Sand Ninja found and promptly executed her, she would still be in grave danger as plenty of people would still harbor a pretty large grudge against Toph for killing one of the most beloved figures in the Naruto World (I mean he WAS the guy who unified the Shinobi Alliance, and one of the most well-liked characters just before Naruto himself), and unless Naruto kept his Sage Mode or Six Paths Sage Mode on at all times, there wouldn't be much stopping somebody from going to kill Toph while Naruto has his back turned. I'm pretty sure the only reason Sasuke hasn't had people make attempts on his life yet is because Sasuke is simply too strong.

Trump would be proud, nig
Last edited by Defectminus on Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:
The Dog wrote:
No, Naruto would totally let her walk away scot-free because "Revenge or even suffering the consequences for your actions is wrong... Mostly if you're an Uchiha or your actions are against Naruto. Now if you wrong an Uchiha or someone not Naruto, you're fucked, like Hidan."

And Obito didn't do what he did because he's a butthurt cuck who got friendzoned. His stupid reason is because he saw the end of a game of 'Everyone's an Idiot' where the girl he liked won by pointlessly throwing herself on Kakashi's raikiri.

This is going to be fun...

Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 am
>thinking Ace dying would end in anything but Natsu and his guild getting their shit pushed in by Garp

lol

"If you could go on a vacation, where would you like to go?"
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 pm
Spoiler

All of these paragraphs spent on saying dumb shit when it could be said so simply.
Garp stomps the yard on FT guild
Kankuro and Temari beat Toph with a handicap sign
"You think you've seen gem fusion before? You've seen nothing yet!"
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 pm
Except Garp is a marine, Fairy Tail is a legal, recognised, and beloved guild. Some how I doubt the brass would let Garp go wipe out FT because they killed his pirate not-grandkid. In fact, him wanting to go shit stomp Fairy Tail would probably end in him getting the shit kicked out of him by the rest of the admirals.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm
Lavaros wrote:Except Garp is a marine, Fairy Tail is a legal, recognised, and beloved guild. Some how I doubt the brass would let Garp go wipe out FT because they killed his pirate not-grandkid. In fact, him wanting to go shit stomp Fairy Tail would probably end in him getting the shit kicked out of him by the rest of the admirals.

You're implying that the marines would give a shit about some other world.Whu would the marines concern themselves with it?
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!