Someone should make a Death Battle fan game

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:36 pm
Seriously, someone should. It would more than likely just be a simple fighting game, but imagine how awesome that would be, especially if you were upset with the outcome of any fight at all.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:37 pm
Wouldn't MUGEN just be that?
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:38 pm
Well, Mugen has a lot of characters that were featured in Death Battle. Some sprites, like He-Man and Lion-O, were made for Mugen. So we're halfway there, I guess.
Bro love is best love
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:41 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:Wouldn't MUGEN just be that?

Oshawott777 wrote:Well, Mugen has a lot of characters that were featured in Death Battle. Some sprites, like He-Man and Lion-O, were made for Mugen. So we're halfway there, I guess.

True, but I mean released and advertised (on the internet at least) as a fan game for Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:56 pm
Making a fighting game that doesn't suck takes longer than you think. Heck, look how long Super Smash Flash 2 has taken.

That'd be a huge roster. One could limit said roster to seasons 1 and 2, but that'd still be huge.

But still...Mii Maker doesn't let you make a fat enough Buu to bear much resemblance apart from the face, so it's not like I can beat the crap out of Kirby as Buu in Smash...

Sure, it'd be awesome, but so would a Street Fighter X Punch-Out, and there are many reasons why neither of those things are happening.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:01 pm
Iron Joe wrote:Making a fighting game that doesn't suck takes longer than you think. Heck, look how long Super Smash Flash 2 has taken.

That'd be a huge roster. One could limit said roster to seasons 1 and 2, but that'd still be huge.

But still...Mii Maker doesn't let you make a fat enough Buu to bear much resemblance apart from the face, so it's not like I can beat the crap out of Kirby as Buu in Smash...

Sure, it'd be awesome, but so would a Street Fighter X Punch-Out, and there are many reasons why neither of those things are happening.

Like I said, someone should. That doesn't mean anyone will or that it would be easy.
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:58 pm
As unlikely it is to happen, I'd love for such a game like this, in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 style. ;)

Playable Characters:

Boba Fett
Samus Aran
Akuma
Shang Tsung
Rogue
Wonder Woman
Mike Haggar
Zangief
Leonardo
Donatello
Raphael
Michelangelo
Zitz
Riptor
Yoshi
Felicia
Taokaka
Kratos
Spawn
Bomberman
Dig Dug
Vegeta
Shadow the Hedgehog
Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog
Luke Skywalker
Harry Potter
Chun-Li
Mai Shiranui
Starscream
Rainbow Dash
Master Chief
Doomguy
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Wily
Metal Sonic
Bass
Princess Zelda
Princess Peach
Thor
Raiden
Link
Cloud Strife
Batman
Spider-Man
Pikachu
Blanka
Goku
Superman
He-Man
Lion-O
Shao Kahn
M. Bison
Ryu Hayabusa
Strider Hiryu
Ivy Valentine
Black Orchid
Fox McCloud
Bucky O'Hare
The Terminator
RoboCop
Luigi
Tails the Fox
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Fulgore
Sektor
Captain America
Ryu
Scorpion
Deadpool
Deathstroke
Kirby
Majin Buu
Ragna the Bloodedge
Sol Badguy
Gaara
Toph Beifong

Boss Characters:

Godzilla
Gamera
Tigerzord
Gundam Epyon
Galactus
Unicron

*Sigh* A guy can only dream.....
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:18 pm
If somebody started this now, Chuck vs. Segata, McGruff vs. Smokey, Galactus vs. Unicron, and maybe even the dreaded Wiz vs. Boomstick will most likely have been all said and done by the time the project is anywhere near finished.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 am
Iron Joe wrote:If somebody started this now, Chuck vs. Segata, McGruff vs. Smokey, Galactus vs. Unicron, and maybe even the dreaded Wiz vs. Boomstick will most likely have been all said and done by the time the project is anywhere near finished.

Then what weapon or weapons used during the fight?
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:48 am
I'd be more inclined to work on something like that if there was a team doing it. Still, a themed death battle game using M.U.G.E.N. would be nice. Why not make it a community thing?

Start small on the roster. I'd suggest doing a poll on the top 5 battles in season 1. Remember its mugen so we can add more later easily. That will give us 10 fighters or so to work with. Then its up to balancing and what not.

I would also reach out to wiz and boomstick and see if they wouldn't mind recording voices for the announcer for the game. just some ideas.
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!