It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm
12cheeper wrote:
hunterzillas wrote:
Spoiler

So I'm still looking for an answer on this stupid statue weight. Aztec said if it was solid, there was a rough estimate of 180,000 lbs, which is 90 tons, but I never got a definite answer.

EDIT* Premature post.

I've been looking at the density, height, length, and width...but I only got the density so far.

Density of Ganite- 2.75 g/cm3

I got the height of the average Chinese soldier from back in the day, which is about 1.83 - 1.98 meters based off of Terracotta Warriors.

Don't tell me you're still pushing Mulan vs Lucina.

No, I'm just trying to find a good estimation for this thing.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:14 pm
Impossible to know the weight without knowing the material it was made out of. Hell we can't even say for certain if it's stone.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:25 pm
Winnosh wrote:Impossible to know the weight without knowing the material it was made out of. Hell we can't even say for certain if it's stone.

I just brought up that it's most likely marble or granite, whichever one royalty is most likely to use (in which case probably granite). It could also be cast iron or bronze, but I'd try to calculate the first two first.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:34 pm
superhuman Chien Po :roll:

I'd say that's actually accurate if him picking up many other men before and walking with them backward to pull mulan on her horse up from a ledge casually is anything to go by for believability.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:40 pm
Oddly enough, while going through CFC (I know, it's not a good show), I found something VERY interesting... as not only does it grant a feat that already tops a Character's best established feat (Also by about ten years prior), but it ALSO grants scaling to two characters who were otherwise featless.

So... you remember how Mega Man had a feat of flying through the asteroid belt on Space Rush that placed him at MFTL speeds (Which is about the only thing of Proto's regarding Mega Man that I actually can't find fault with)?

What if I told you... that Classic Super Sonic did the same thing, granting him a feat that beats anything Sonic has done since?

It happened in a little old game called Sonic and Knuckles. (Or S3K if you used Lock-On Technology)

Spoiler

(Ignore the fact that this is Hyper Sonic, since both Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic play identically in this zone and Hyper Sonic is non-canon. Canonically, it's Super Sonic that performed this feat.)

As you can see, Sonic goes through the Asteroid Belt (Known in this game as the Doomsday Zone) and chases down Eggman as he tries to escape with the Master Emerald. CFC's estimate implies the whole zone is the Asteroid Belt and assumes Sonic took the maximum time possible within the zone (10 minutes) to get through it, putting him at about 2.8 times the speed of light.

Not only is this mathematically incorrect (if it really took him 10 minutes, the actual number would be lower, specifically about 0.8c or relativistic) but I wouldn't buy the lowball anyway.

At about 0:57 into the video (or 1:00 into the zone in-game), the asteroids stop spawning as Sonic catches up to Eggman the first time. This implies that Sonic clears the Asteroid Belt in one minute, also further implied by the fact that after the ship Eggman is in goes down and he brings out the giant robot, the scientist and hedgehog alike actually re-enter the asteroid belt and remain there until the fight ends. So Classic Super Sonic cleared the Asteroid Belt in about one minute, and then did so again after the robot was destroyed. When we compare this to Mega Man's feat, this comes out to about a third of that (Space Rush took 20 seconds, Super Sonic took 1 minute), or about 8.33c. This is Classic Super Sonic's standard movement speed, and Eggman's ship is only slightly slower. Next, since Eggman's ship had already likely cleared the asteroid belt (Hence why Sonic does not reach it before clearing the belt, despite being faster) and was firing missiles backwards to hold Sonic back, these can be used to calculate Classic Super Sonic's reaction speed. The missiles take about half a second to reach Sonic, so they must be moving faster. The missiles also don't start coming until Sonic is about 1/3 of the way through the asteroid belt (23 seconds into the act, to be precise), so they only travelled 2/3 of the asteroid belt's thickness in the timeframe of 0.5 seconds. That comes out to about 200,000,000 km/s, or about 667.128c, which is the speed of Eggman's missiles from that ship, Classic Super Sonic's movement speed in short bursts and his reaction speed.

Naturally, this should scale to a few characters.

Super Tails and Super Knuckles (at least in Mania's Timeline if the timeline splits there) should scale to this this to an extent, since they are about on par with Super Sonic in Sonic Mania, the direct sequel. Hyper Sonic and Hyper Knuckles, if they're used, are naturally above this.

Also, all future uses of Super Sonic (and anybody who scales to him, thus Super Shadow, Super Silver and Burning Blaze) should ALSO get this feat, given how Classic Super Sonic and Modern Super Sonic were moving at similar speeds when they fought together against the Time Eater in Sonic Generations. And of course, the fact that Classic Sonic is Modern Sonic's past self. He probably hasn't gotten slower as he's grown up (in fact, probably the opposite- he's gotten faster.).

It's probably an outlier (although Super Sonic doesn't have many speed feats anyway) but it's still food for thought, and a damn impressive feat.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:43 pm
Except they're clearly just above the planet as evidenced by the blue on the bottom of the screen. There's also clouds too just in case there were any doubt. He's not FTL.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:28 am
Yeah,that's clearly just space debris.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 pm
I did find a feat where Iblis straight up smashes a building to pieces. Figure we could find the KE of that and scale it to Silver.

To be honest, if we apply Silver's flight speed to the heaviest object he's ever lifted with it, we can find the KE of that as well. The Meteor Smash attack could be a good place to start for that. It probabaly isn't going to breach the MCB rating for all characters besides the hedgehogs sans Amy but, it still might be a cool calc, I guess.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I did find a feat where Iblis straight up smashes a building to pieces. Figure we could find the KE of that and scale it to Silver.

To be honest, if we apply Silver's flight speed to the heaviest object he's ever lifted with it, we can find the KE of that as well. The Meteor Smash attack could be a good place to start for that. It probabaly isn't going to breach the MCB rating for all characters besides the hedgehogs sans Amy but, it still might be a cool calc, I guess.

I'd be surprised if that passed wall level.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:59 pm
So, I was re-reading One piece.
And during the Punk hazard arc (on this page and the next http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/680/20) Luffy runs so fast that the ground catches on fire

Does anyone know how fast that is?(and if it would even change anything about his known max speed)

I honestly don't know how to begin calculating that
I would totally watch this poker match.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!