DEATH BATTLE Calculations Thread: Share Calcs And Requests

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:41 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:The low-end could still be used, you know.

And I don't see the problem with using relativistic values since those numbers have to be achieved to even get into the lightspeed category in the first place. It's like the highest KE you can get from the thing. I never applied the speed of light to anything at all. I suppose it is pretty iffy. Not like this is what I really wanted though since those energy levels have been calculated before. Hell, Bowser's Relativistic+ speed in MP8 would make him Island level off the bat to begin with if we calculated his KE.

Even if that IS unreasonable, could the FTL Mini Stars hold up? If not, where would you guys peg their speed at? One moment, the universe doesn't have any twinkles, and the next, it's bursting with life due to them all over the place, which is undoubtedly the Mini Stars. I only want this, since the other thing has better things going for it in the main series as well as M&L.

Mini stars you'd have to calculate their GBE which means you'd have to use this and multiply the result by 2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virial_theorem
Hope you learned calculus.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:46 am
GBE? I thought they were just measly decorations (practically treated as such) that didn't function like actual stars?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:GBE? I thought they were just measly decorations (practically treated as such) that didn't function like actual stars?

Then you can't apply an energy value.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:01 am
I'm talking speed here. One moment, all of space is pretty much blank except for nebulae, planets, stars, and even a galaxy, but then it's suddenly full of life and the Mini Stars have returned to their place in the universe. It happens in several seconds.

Just eyeballing that and reading it as well would tell us that these things are FAST. I figured that, for a low-end on their travel speed since anyone can tell their FTL from that very scene alone, we'd just use the speed value I got from his blast off. Guess I should probably link it.

https://youtu.be/m0CzSjFD2OA

0:34 to 1:35

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I'm talking speed here. One moment, all of space is pretty much blank except for nebulae, planets, stars, and even a galaxy, but then it's suddenly full of life and the Mini Stars have returned to their place in the universe. It happens in several seconds.

Just eyeballing that and reading it as well would tell us that these things are FAST. I figured that, for a low-end on their travel speed since anyone can tell their FTL from that very scene alone, we'd just use the speed value I got from his blast off. Guess I should probably link it.

You aren't "low-ending" their speed.You're blatantly hiding the outlier.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 am
12cheeper wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I'm talking speed here. One moment, all of space is pretty much blank except for nebulae, planets, stars, and even a galaxy, but then it's suddenly full of life and the Mini Stars have returned to their place in the universe. It happens in several seconds.

You aren't "low-ending" their speed.You're blatantly hiding the outlier.

Outlier? What do you mean? If you think they're MFTL or something, then that would mean the MP series has two of those going for it, which goes against the definition of an outlier; it could then be classified as a consistent high-end. Not like FTL stuff is a new thing to the verse in general. If I recall correctly, Kirby has like, two FTL calcs and no one called those outliers. Bowser is travelling in his main vehicle that's consistently portrayed as pretty effin' fast, at least much more so than he is on foot, which sounds a lot like a certain pink puffball's case as well, since the only calc I've seen him actually using it to dodge stuff to guarantee the reactions on par with his speed was the one with Zero 2. The series in of itself is wacky and bizarre, so we can't use that as an excuse either, since inconsistency is practically Mario and Bowser's middle freaking names.

I was trying to find at least some number to put on them rather than labeling it the vague FTL which COULD extend into outlier territory. This is at least a safer bet. Find something other than the outlier argument and tell me why we can't attribute that number towards the speed he was launched at to at least give us a number to work with. We already know they're casually relativistic+ due to his travel speed in the Clown Car in the previous installment. I don't see the problem with "relativistic+ to potentially low FTL, maybe even higher" to be attributed to the Mini Star's speed.

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 am
hiding the outlier-intentionally lowballing a feat to make an outlier seem consistent or in this case to make a feat more impressive than it actually is.
Anyway,you're starting to sound like that one idiot who got the Knux vs DK thread locked so just stop it.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 am
Meh. I'm a bit tired of this. Agree to disagree and all that.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Spoiler

So I'm still looking for an answer on this stupid statue weight. Aztec said if it was solid, there was a rough estimate of 180,000 lbs, which is 90 tons, but I never got a definite answer.

EDIT* Premature post.

I've been looking at the density, height, length, and width...but I only got the density so far.

Density of Ganite- 2.75 g/cm3

I got the height of the average Chinese soldier from back in the day, which is about 1.83 - 1.98 meters based off of Terracotta Warriors.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
Spoiler

So I'm still looking for an answer on this stupid statue weight. Aztec said if it was solid, there was a rough estimate of 180,000 lbs, which is 90 tons, but I never got a definite answer.

EDIT* Premature post.

I've been looking at the density, height, length, and width...but I only got the density so far.

Density of Ganite- 2.75 g/cm3

I got the height of the average Chinese soldier from back in the day, which is about 1.83 - 1.98 meters based off of Terracotta Warriors.

Don't tell me you're still pushing Mulan vs Lucina.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!