DEATH BATTLE Calculations Thread: Share Calcs And Requests

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:22 pm
Tanantine wrote:Anyone want to give some clacs for speed and duradbility based on this? We're looking fro Dreamworks best here.

http://youtu.be/Xb3_AOX0SYA?t=4m22s

I can't apply numbers at the moment, but I can try to classify.

Speed: Easily FTL, but to what degree I'm unsure. The lasers were visibly moving extremely slow (1 foot every 2 seconds as a rough estimate?), so possibly MFTL.

Durability: Well, the vast majority of the blast seems to shoot upwards, so I don't think they tanked nearly as much as the full force. This is backed up by the size of the crater. I'd say one to a few tons, though.

As for its full force? Jesus. Possibly solar-system level by the looks of it. If it was just light, though, idk.
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:19 am
LSwan62 wrote:
Tanantine wrote:Anyone want to give some clacs for speed and duradbility based on this? We're looking fro Dreamworks best here.

Speed: Easily FTL, but to what degree I'm unsure. The lasers were visibly moving extremely slow (1 foot every 2 seconds as a rough estimate?), so possibly MFTL.

Durability: Well, the vast majority of the blast seems to shoot upwards, so I don't think they tanked nearly as much as the full force. This is backed up by the size of the crater. I'd say one to a few tons, though.

As for its full force? Jesus. Possibly solar-system level by the looks of it. If it was just light, though, idk.
The beam is travelling horizontally - you can see where it comes from. There's no possible way for it to be redirected upwards only.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 am
Tanantine wrote:
LSwan62 wrote:

The beam is travelling horizontally - you can see where it comes from. There's no possible way for it to be redirected upwards only.

I didn't say it was redirected upwards only. I said it was redirected upwards mainly which is what it looks like.
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:44 pm
Angelalex242 wrote:How about making stars, for that matter? Zeus, over in Disney, casually makes a Hercules constellation from scratch.

He doesn't even suffer any notable strain doing so.

Speaking of, I remember one McDonald's commercial in which Ronald and a bunch of kids were looking at stars from inside a McDonald's sign, but there weren't any. So, Ronald said "I know what to do," and threw this sparkly thing over the horizon, which exploded and filled the sky with stars. Anyone bored enough to make a calc for that, if possible? :lol:

Also, I would love to see any Popeye-related calcs that y'all can dig up. My brother is STILL convinced that he can't beat Captain America. Captain America! Of course, I know that if Captain America punched Popeye, his arm would turn into a useless accordion, but my brother seems to have no clue what kind of power Popeye holds. Maybe a calc of Cap's greatest feats would help as well.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
Head for the Garden of Madness!
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:48 pm
side note: I know Popeye has hilariously amazing strength feats, but what are his speed or durability feats?
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:00 pm
Lohuydahutt wrote:side note: I know Popeye has hilariously amazing strength feats, but what are his speed or durability feats?

I do recall one car chase scene from the show; Popeye got hit by a train and just kept going. I'll see if I can find it again.
Last edited by Iron Joe on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:03 pm
Iron Joe wrote:Also, I would love to see any Popeye-related calcs that y'all can dig up. My brother is STILL convinced that he can't beat Captain America. Captain America! Of course, I know that if Captain America punched Popeye, his arm would turn into a useless accordion, but my brother seems to have no clue what kind of power Popeye holds. Maybe a calc of Cap's greatest feats would help as well.

I think my braincells just commited suicide upon reading that? Please tell my your kidding right? Does he REALLY thinks that Captain America could beat Popeye?
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:16 pm
DeathBattleMike wrote:
Iron Joe wrote:Also, I would love to see any Popeye-related calcs that y'all can dig up. My brother is STILL convinced that he can't beat Captain America. Captain America! Of course, I know that if Captain America punched Popeye, his arm would turn into a useless accordion, but my brother seems to have no clue what kind of power Popeye holds. Maybe a calc of Cap's greatest feats would help as well.

I think my braincells just commited suicide upon reading that? Please tell my your kidding right? Does he REALLY thinks that Captain America could beat Popeye?

*sigh* Yes, he does.

He's one of those people who think Popeye's powerless without spinach. Another one of his arguments is that "Popeye has never killed anyone, therefore he can't." Excuse me? If that was anyone besides Bluto, Hercules, or Zeus going through what Popeye's doing, they would die. I guess we can just assume that none of Batman's attacks are lethal as well?

Another argument is that Captain America's shield is completely unbreakable and that Popeye can't punch through it. HA! As if he has to! It's a shield, not a suit. Popeye can very easily get around that.

Hey, man, I once had stupid DB-related beliefs as well. This is embarrassing...I thought Donkey Kong could beat The Hulk. Yeah, I know. But I was willing to admit defeat on that one. This one...I feel like he knows it's a losing battle but doesn't want to admit it.
Last edited by Iron Joe on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 pm
Iron Joe wrote:
DeathBattleMike wrote:

*sigh* Yes, he does.

He's one of those people who think Popeye's powerless without spinach. Another one of his arguments is that "Popeye has never killed anyone, therefore he can't." Excuse me? If that was anyone besides Bluto, Hercules, or Zeus going through what Popeye's doing, they would die. I guess we can just assume that none of Batman's attacks are lethal as well?

Another argument is that Captain America's shield is completely unbreakable and that Popeye can't punch through it. HA! As if he has to! It's a shield, not a suit. Popeye can very easily get around that.

Hey, man, I once had stupid DB-related beliefs as well. This is embarrassing...I thought Donkey Kong could beat The Hulk. Yeah, I know. But I was willing to admit defeat on that one. This one...I feel like he knows it's a losing battle.

Wow.....I just have no words.....
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:45 pm
Iron Joe wrote:*sigh* Yes, he does.

Hey, man, I once had stupid DB-related beliefs as well. This is embarrassing...I thought Donkey Kong could beat The Hulk. Yeah, I know. But I was willing to admit defeat on that one. This one...I feel like he knows it's a losing battle but doesn't want to admit it.

I can assure you, Popeye don't need no spinach to do some of the big feats. All you need to do is see the first Popeye Cartoon. The idea he has to use Spinach to do his strength feats only works when it was written as such.

EDIT: Durability he also has in spades without spinach.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!