DEATH BATTLE Calculations Thread: Share Calcs And Requests

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:52 am
There are topics for requesting fights and for throwing around idea, but I thought it'd be a good idea to create a Death Battle calc thread for people that a.) would like a feat quantified and would like to request calcs, and b.) want to show their own calculations for future reference or the sake of clarification.

This thread can be used to quantify information for battles already announced, or for getting information for brainstorming possible fights or in preparation for submitting a DB request. And again, other topics can easily cite their information, specific calculations or just scientific equations that are frequently used. Considering how often calculations are brought up in DB analysis, I think it would behoove the forum to keep track of analysis and number crunching for future's sake.

This also has the added benefit of potentially aiding the research team.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:20 am
This is a really good thread idea. I'm legit jealous I didn't think of it myself.

Can we open this thread up to scans and feats as well, since those are intertwined with calculations?

Edit: It also has the added benefit of informing posters of a character's actual power instead of what they initially just think it is. Not that peeps won't post without knowing jack diddly anyways, but at least it's a good resource.
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:37 am
Just to add a suggestion, maybe making a master list of calculations at the top to help curb some repetition. Just a thought.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:41 am
Excellent thread lustitia! It makes so much sense in hindsight

I suppose I can start us out with a Super Mario Galaxy feat:

In the level Heavy Metal Mecha-Bowser, Mario (and Luigi) wind up destroying a gigantic toy Bowser. They are pretty clearly in the epicenter of the explosion, but they are completely unaffected. Impressive, considering the mech is every bit as big as some highrises. What I would like to know, if it is possible to even do, is the amount of energy needed to blow up the mech

http://youtu.be/UCkalm2RBHE

The feat is from 5:20 to 6:35

"People do not fear God. Fear itself is God"

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:02 pm
LSwan62 wrote:This is a really good thread idea. I'm legit jealous I didn't think of it myself.

Can we open this thread up to scans and feats as well, since those are intertwined with calculations?

Edit: It also has the added benefit of informing posters of a character's actual power instead of what they initially just think it is. Not that peeps won't post without knowing jack diddly anyways, but at least it's a good resource.

Lavaros wrote:Just to add a suggestion, maybe making a master list of calculations at the top to help curb some repetition. Just a thought.

I support both of these ideas. When I made this thread I had in mind a topic from another forum which made things easier on posters struggling with calcs of feats.

Perhaps another topic could be made to keep track of character rankings ala Outskirts Battledome's wiki. OBD Wiki ranks character stats including lifting strength, striking power, speed, durability and so on which makes comparing opponents easier to do. A new topic can take calcs from here and established feats to make a database/list/archive of characters for easy access and review any time a member doesn't want to search hundreds of pages of debates.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:56 pm
Here's a calculation I want someone to debunk. Let's see how fast someone debunks this...

Spoiler
The Raging Demon can not miss.

It has not failed. People separated their souls from their bodies, which is the ONLY way shown to survive that move so far. Unless Scorpion can do that (which he can't) then he is fodder to that move. Also whether it has failed completely kill someone or not the fact is IT HAS NOT BEEN DODGED. Why are you trying to ignore that? It is 100% accurate so far, and it will be until someone dodges it. There is NOTHING showing otherwise, are you making stuff up now? Please show me someone who has dodged it in canon, not survived, not reacted to it, DODGED it.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:31 pm
AkumaTh wrote:Here's a calculation I want someone to debunk. Let's see how fast someone debunks this...

Spoiler
The Raging Demon can not miss.

It has not failed. People separated their souls from their bodies, which is the ONLY way shown to survive that move so far. Unless Scorpion can do that (which he can't) then he is fodder to that move. Also whether it has failed completely kill someone or not the fact is IT HAS NOT BEEN DODGED. Why are you trying to ignore that? It is 100% accurate so far, and it will be until someone dodges it. There is NOTHING showing otherwise, are you making stuff up now? Please show me someone who has dodged it in canon, not survived, not reacted to it, DODGED it.

That's not a calc. It's a claim.
Either way...
Spoiler
No limits fallacy ho! Yeah, no. You're not hitting Superman, Goku, Samus, Kirby, etc with the raging demon. Why? Because Ryu's/Akuma's sorry ass would look completely stationary to them if he tried to attack them.
It all comes down to reaction time. If Scorpion is significantly faster than Ryu in terms of reaction time, then he can dodge it by teleporing away.
How smart are you? Click HERE to find out!
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:52 pm
SSBMonado wrote:That's not a calc. It's a claim.
Either way...
Spoiler
No limits fallacy ho! Yeah, no. You're not hitting Superman, Goku, Samus, Kirby, etc with the raging demon. Why? Because Ryu's/Akuma's sorry ass would look completely stationary to them if he tried to attack them.
It all comes down to reaction time. If Scorpion is significantly faster than Ryu in terms of reaction time, then he can dodge it by teleporing away.

It does have math in it, but I know, right!

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:08 pm
If a human can react to it and dodge it (which we know they can, considering they do it regualrly, while playing Street Fighter with their regular reflexes), then it stands to reason it could be dodged.

Okay, anyone think they can give some stats based on this thing? For reference, the cockpit was destroyed the entire fight, and his opponent was just punching him in the face, while he kept goinjg. While his durability has some other feats, this shows the characters capacity to keep fighting while pain is inflicted upon them, a thing that doesn't come up as much in standard media.

Spoiler
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:03 pm
These have always been good resources:

The OBD's Comprehensive Speed and Energy Scales! Basically just a list of calculated feats listed from slowest to fastest. See where your favorite characters stack up! It gets pretty heavy near the end.

Speed: http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/inde ... peed-scale

Energy: http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/inde ... ergy-scale

Too bad almost none are linked :/
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!