The Music of DEATH BATTLE!

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:55 am
You may not be completely focused on it in the midst of combat and in-depth analyzing, but Music is a very vital element to Death Battle, and one that can be often underappreciated.

So, for this thread, feel free to post your favorite songs that appeared in Death Battle, request the source for a song, or post songs you think should be in the battles!

For me, personally..

Favorite Music in DB:
-Thor Vs. Raiden was rad and used the best tracks from Thor, it really just makes the analysis (post and pre) stand out in my opinion.
-Link Vs. Cloud was great too, in my opinion. The Zelda theme is timeless, and seeing it basically used as Link's theme made me very happy.
-Zelda Vs. Peach has my vote as well for having Ballad of the Goddess and Denise's battle theme in there.
-Godzilla Vs. Gamera used the best Gamera song in the battle, and Godzilla! In the post analysis was very nice as well.
-Pikachu Vs. Blanka was great as well, Blanka's remixed theme was great and Pikachu got to use the best champion battle and best anime battle themes.
-Triumphant Return in Captain America's intro was great too, easily one of my favorite marvel themes.

For the future:
-I really want The Legendary Air Ride Machine to be in Kirby's analysis. It would really work well when covering his Copy Abilities, I think
-If Ganondorf gets his battle, I hope Gerudo Valley (25th Anniversary CD) is used, despite already being in Link Vs. Cloud.
-Robin from Fire Emblem may never have a battle, but ID Darkness would be AMAZING when analyzing Robin's inner Grima abilities and his dark magic.
-Lucina is someone I'd love to see win a death battle, and Rival would be the absolute best music for a climatic twist with Lucina striking back and taking the battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:53 am
I'd prefer Id (Purpose).
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:03 am
I think one of my favorite in-fight songs was in Ryu Hayabusa vs Strider Hiryu.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:04 pm
Hmm, as for music requests...I'd like to see some fan-made remixes get some recognition on Death Battle, not unlike the show's occasional use of Super Smash Flash 2 sprites; and DJtheS' Forest Maze remix, both of which were done in Peach vs. Zelda.

If Banjo and Kazooie make an appearance in a Death Battle, I hope they put this in there somewhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLN5WYVeq3k

And if Conker ever appears in Death Battle, I'd love to hear this somewhere in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDTVL5XEU28

Aaaaaand if Meta Knight makes an appearance...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeD5Uil_qy8

Basically, JonnyAtma and Death Battle are my OTP. Of course, that second one there isn't Mr. Atma, but you get the point.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 pm
Now THIS is a thread I can enjoy. You're reading the text of a guy who listens almost exclusively to BGM of games, tv shows, movies, etc. so whenever I hear VGBGM I know of during an episode, a satisfied smirk appears on my face...

...unless of course said awesome music gets cut off by an utterly infuriating anti-climax, but thankfully that only happened once, and once is more than enough...

Themes I liked in particular:

- Felicia vs. Taokaka: I love BB's soundtrack, so just about every theme going on during the episode had me smiling. From Catus Carnival for Tao's rundown to the opening theme right before Mr. Butterfly to Bright for Tao's victory. Curiously enough, Ragna vs. Sol didn't have any of my favorite BB songs playing at any point.

- Pokemon Battle Royale: It's Pokemon music the entire way across, need I say more? It also applies to that other episode involving Pokemon that makes me wanna take a flaming folding chair to an ironically flaming fire hydrant.

Themes I'd like to hear in the future:

-King Dedede: His theme song, specifically the one from Brawl/4, again specifically at the 1:06 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIG04zHeyZI
-- also Masked Dedede's theme, that too.

-Mega Man: Oh god... uhh...where to begin? Well, Wily's castle 2 would be a good start... also the Intro to MM2 where it gets fast-paced and awesome like that.

- Hazama (Blazblue): Gluttony Fang 1/Alter Memory during the beginning of the fight, Endless Despair 1 once he stops fooling around.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:38 pm
electricstar wrote:
-King Dedede: His theme song, specifically the one from Brawl/4, again specifically at the 1:06 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIG04zHeyZI
-- also Masked Dedede's theme, that too.

There's a remix of this I also think would complement the fight nicely.
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:47 pm
While we're on the subject of music, is there a way someone can point me to the Final Bison music used in M. Bison vs. Shao Kahn? You know, the song that played once M. Bison transformed in that fight?
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:11 pm
If they use Frog from Chrono Trigger, his theme is a must.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:21 am
MLDKF wrote:While we're on the subject of music, is there a way someone can point me to the Final Bison music used in M. Bison vs. Shao Kahn? You know, the song that played once M. Bison transformed in that fight?

Sure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luvR_j0f3Cw
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm
What was the tune that played when Godzilla finished off Gamera?

"People do not fear God. Fear itself is God"
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!