DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Ryu Hyabusa vs. Strider Hiryu

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm
I grew up with the first two Ninja Gaiden games on the NES and Strider for the Genesis, so I love both of them a lot and I don't really care who wins, because I know it's just going to be one EPIC fight.

I'm cheering for Strider though.

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 pm
I was more so hoping for Ryu vs Shinobi but you know this is just as good! I've yet to see a ninja that "wow's" me more than Ryu Hayabusa. This will be a great death battle! Can't wait.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 pm
kajin style wrote:I was more so hoping for Ryu vs Shinobi but you know this is just as good! I've yet to see a ninja that "wow's" me more than Ryu Hayabusa. This will be a great death battle! Can't wait.

I was on that boat as well. That was until I saw what Hiryu can do. This will be a close one.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm
dis gon b gud.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 pm
http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-b ... ider-hiryu So it begins.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:06 am
I just got done seeing the fight

Spoiler
I think He-Man VS. Lion-O is still my favorite fight of this season, at least in terms of pure entertainment value (though I'll need to go through them all again once season 2 is over), but I get the feeling this one will be in the Top 5. An excellent battle, easily one of my favorites overall, and bar-none the closest fight I've researched thus far.

Also

Spoiler
Next up is battle of the boobs. Ivy VS. Orchid.

EDIT: And apologies for the double post. I'm assuming it has been long enough for me to do so.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:02 am
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/origin ... ider-hiryu

Until 5pm EST today (about 13 hours from now) the DEATH BATTLE will go live for all viewers, but just advantage.

As per usual, SPOILERS ABOUT THE OUTCOME GO INTO [Spoiler] TAGS, and failure to do so WILL result in post deletion as well as further disciplinary action.

Spoiler tags go like this;
Code: Select all
[Spoiler]Everybody Wins, Everybody Dies[/Spoiler]

Cheers and carry on~

TheLousyTactician wrote:apologies for the double post. I'm assuming it has been long enough for me to do so.

It's quite alright. Multi-posting in such a case is cool and preferred considering the two different thoughts.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 am
Spoiler
While I agreed with the winner of the battle I feel Ryu shouldn't have gone down that easily. Ryu`s spiritual energy (not ninpo) Allows him to survive fatal stabs, rockets to the head, and being dipped in acid.
Mod: Capture Dead
Mod: Capture Dead
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:20 am
Definitely one of my favorite fights so far this season, but Shao Kahn vs. M. Bison holds a special place for me. If you were at SGC, you'd definitely know by all of my "YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" screaming every time it favored Shao Kahn. :P Slightly biased.

Spoiler
As far as the Ryu-Strider battle goes, I didn't think it would be that close, but it was really intense. I knew Strider Hiryu would pull out the victory, though, but not by that slim of a margin. Kudos to the research team on this one, making it really good and really close.
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
He Saw War Change
He Saw War Change
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:08 am
pinshadow wrote:
Spoiler
While I agreed with the winner of the battle I feel Ryu shouldn't have gone down that easily. Ryu`s spiritual energy (not ninpo) Allows him to survive fatal stabs, rockets to the head, and being dipped in acid.

- SPOILERS -

Spoiler
I get this complaint at some point for every episode, and it always baffles me. Gone down that easily? He had his chest ripped open by essentially a lightsaber, was sliced up several dozen times in the Ragnarok at supersonic+ speeds, then plummeted headfirst through ten floors straight into solid concrete and finally blown to oblivion by a giant grenade. Please tell me, I'd really like to know, how exactly is that "easy?"

Thanks for watching and supporting the show, btw! :)
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!