DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Ryu Hyabusa vs. Strider Hiryu

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:30 pm
Spoiler
Once again I AGREED WITH THE WINNER OF THE BATTLE. Its just that in terms of the stats, it sounded like Ryu was outmatched in every aspect. (I'm not saying he wasn't) The main one I think of is strength. While Strider being able to cut through a person with his hands is amazing, Ryu can move a 100 lb sword fast enough to block bullets shooting at him from all sides from multiple automatic assult rifles. Also I wasn't talking about the battle shown (Mr.Lange you are awesome.) Just in general.
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
The Power of a God is now your Secret Tool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:41 pm
This was the most bia's fight out of all the episode's.

Ryu actually has done more impressive stuff than what Strider did. Strider can cut men in half with his bare hands.....So what Ryu can use the wind blade to slice dozen's of men WITH HIS HAND'S! Ryu also manage to hold off a Goddess's sword at full swing after destroying a skyscraper, which Ryu manage to survive. Ryu can also withstand lava, as well as freeze time.

Wiz and Boomstick obviously left all that stuff out about Ryu Hayabusa on purpose........

Here's a video to show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJ521zyplY[/youtube]
Spoiler

Good luck out there Bobobo. You're our only last and final hope of surpassing Superman in Death Battle.

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:05 pm
There was one major mistake in the death battle that might've altered things.

First, Ryu's shadow clones are indestructible, and they don't perish unless he does.

Second, he can have up to 2 of them.

Why this matters?

Strider is faster then one Ryu. But since he's only 43% faster, he's not faster then 2 Ryus, and 3 have him outclassed entirely. Proper use of the Shadow clones would've saved Ryu.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:50 pm
Angelalex242 wrote:There was one major mistake in the death battle that might've altered things.

First, Ryu's shadow clones are indestructible, and they don't perish unless he does.

Second, he can have up to 2 of them.

Why this matters?

Strider is faster then one Ryu. But since he's only 43% faster, he's not faster then 2 Ryus, and 3 have him outclassed entirely. Proper use of the Shadow clones would've saved Ryu.

A. Those clones mimic Ryu's every movement, there's nothing that suggests they can act separately from him. In other words, he isn't going to be able to make him and his clone attack Strider from different angles.

B. The fight animation does not determine the outcome to the fight.

C. Hiryu can create clones too. He has a power-up in the original arcade game and shows the ability in his Ragnorok finisher in the VS. game that produces 2 separate clones of him who mimic his every move similar to Ryu's own shadow clones. Even supposing they completely missed the fact that Ryu can have up to 2 clones (a much more likely explanation is they didn't want to waste the time animating 3 Ryus when having him produce just 1 clone got the job done) all Hiryu would have to do is cancel them out with his own clones.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:19 pm
They do mimic his every movement, but they also hang in midair invincible if Ryu doesn't move.

One of the easiest ways to kill Jaquio is to jump, leave a Ryu clone in the air, and have the invincible clone slash him to death. At least, that's how I did it, playing Ninja Gaiden II for the NES.

They underutilized art of the fire wheel too. Strider, being faster, would surely block or dodge the ranged art of the fire wheel, but the invincible fire wheel is a circle around him. If Strider closes to melee, he can't avoid it.

Lastly, I wish they'd used Jump&slash. There's a reason it was a one hit kill on everything, even bosses, in the original NES game.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 pm
I just wanna say this was a pretty unfair fight for Ryu. No hatin', but that's kinda the problem with Death Battle. I mean, Shang Tsung vs. Akuma was basically setting Shang up to get wrecked. Don't get me wrong, though. Good show.
"You are kind of weird, and that's okay. Normal people are boring."

The most BAMF momma's boy who ever lived
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm
DeathBattleMike wrote:This was the most bia's fight out of all the episode's.

Ryu actually has done more impressive stuff than what Strider did. Strider can cut men in half with his bare hands.....So what Ryu can use the wind blade to slice dozen's of men WITH HIS HAND'S! Ryu also manage to hold off a Goddess's sword at full swing after destroying a skyscraper, which Ryu manage to survive. Ryu can also withstand lava, as well as freeze time.

Wiz and Boomstick obviously left all that stuff out about Ryu Hayabusa on purpose........

Here's a video to show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJ521zyplY[/youtube]

It's not just Chad and Ben anymore. (We all know the outcome for Zelda vs. Peach was total BS) They have sources and researchers now, ever since Goku vs. Supes. I wanted Ryu to win as much as you do, but Strider is a 5000 year-old cyber ninja who has waaaaay more experience and better technology. If they would have given Ryu prep time, then maybe he would win. But, that's not how DB works, as seen in Batman vs. Spiderman (another fight where I was rooting for the loser to win).

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 pm
pinshadow wrote:Strider Is extremely acrobatic and strong, to the point of dodging point blank explosions, outrunning atomatic fire, and chopping limbs in half with his hands. His sword Cypher is a long blade made of plasma that can cut through almost any material, generate high voltage electricity, and be thrown has a boomerang, and has a Climb Sickle which he can use to climb any terrain. He also has three special Cypher techniques, which he can use to extend his swords range, shoot plasma arrows by charging up plasma energy, and make Cypher shoot waves of energy that home in on enemies and slice them apart. His main combat strategy is to take out enemies with one swift strike.

Ryu can move fast enough to deflect automatic fire from all directions, lift over a ton and cut through tanks and jets with his Dragon Sword. His ninja skills make him extremely acrobatic and can fall from heights oiver 1000ft without being harmed. His senses have been homed to super human levels and possesses a sixth sence, allow him to detect danger around him. He can manipulate his spiritual life force to survive bullets, stabs in vital organs, rockets to the face, being submerged to acid and lava, magical fireballs and large thrown pillars. However, once his spiritual health is depleted he will be unable to heal his wounds.

Ryu's main weapon is the dragon sword, a katana carved out of a fang of a dragon. It is Ryu's most versitile weapon with average range and effective combos, however it does not have the specialization of other weapons. However it makes up for it when the Eye of The Dragon is inserted into it, unleashing the spirit of the dragon within. It makes the sword considerably more powerful. He can also manipulate ki to practice ninpo, a spiritual art that can be used to create fireballs, infernos, ice shards, small twisters, make his arms move faster, lightning bolts, and heal his Spiritual Energy. His most destructive ninpo is the Art of the Piercing Void, in which he launches a black hole to suck up enemies for an instant kill. However he has a limited number on ninpo, so he must use it wisely.

While Hiryu and Ryu are equal in agiliy, Ryu is stronger and is much more durable. However once his spiritual health is depleted he cannot heal his wounds. In terms of swords, Cypher is stronger and more versitile then the dragon sword, but once the eye of the dragon is inserted into the dragon sword it becomes much stronger. Ryu's Ninpo can be very powerful, but he has a supply. The outcome of the battle basicly depends on if Strider can outlast Ryu by depleting him of his Ninpo and Spiritual Energy.

Yeah, can't beleive that didn't include the Peircing Void. It's the one factor that may have won him the fight. Doesn't matter how tough you are, there's no coming back from a well-placed Void Ninpo.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 am
Hero's Shade wrote:I just wanna say this was a pretty unfair fight for Ryu. No hatin', but that's kinda the problem with Death Battle. I mean, Shang Tsung vs. Akuma was basically setting Shang up to get wrecked. Don't get me wrong, though. Good show.

On the Brightside, Ryu didn't lose to an unworthy opponent. I don't believe the point of Death Battle is to set up one-sided fights though even though that's what it might seem sometimes (Kratos vs. Spawn anyone?) It's real purpose is to A.) Entertain and B.) Hopefully settle debates.

Goku vs. Superman for instance, realistically speaking (or at least as realistic as fictional characters go) Superman admittingly trumps Goku in just about everyway (just because he's more powerful doesn't mean he's the superior character fanboys) but the fight was still done because it was always a hotly debated/requested fight.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:01 am
~{Red}~ wrote:
Hero's Shade wrote:I just wanna say this was a pretty unfair fight for Ryu. No hatin', but that's kinda the problem with Death Battle. I mean, Shang Tsung vs. Akuma was basically setting Shang up to get wrecked. Don't get me wrong, though. Good show.

On the Brightside, Ryu didn't lose to an unworthy opponent. I don't believe the point of Death Battle is to set up one-sided fights though even though that's what it might seem sometimes (Kratos vs. Spawn anyone?) It's real purpose is to A.) Entertain and B.) Hopefully settle debates.

Goku vs. Superman for instance, realistically speaking (or at least as realistic as fictional characters go) Superman admittingly trumps Goku in just about everyway (just because he's more powerful doesn't mean he's the superior character fanboys) but the fight was still done because it was always a hotly debated/requested fight.

Yeah, I get that. I just wish DB had more even matchups, funny I should mention that now because Batman vs Captain America and Ryu vs Scorpion lol

PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!