DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm
Winnosh wrote:Ok guys I really do have a question. Just how are Summons supposed to work in FF7 lore. I see people saying that they take the target into another dimension. Ok How? How does it target someone, is it a portal, is it a blast? Can it be dodged? How does the person get back once it's done? If they have teleportation tech and alternate dimensions that they can access how come it never comes up?

Play Crisis Core.
Obviously they're sent back after the attack is finished.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm
Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there? Also what's it's range. Can you get out of it's area of effect before the teleport takes place?
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am
Winnosh wrote:Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there? Also what's it's range. Can you get out of it's area of effect before the teleport takes place?

Can't really answer the first one any other way than "it just does".Second point is kinda moot though since Vergil would have to know how summons,or more relevantly supernova,works to know to get the hell out of there.
Doesn't help that it transports the target almost instantly.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am
12cheeper wrote:
Winnosh wrote:Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there? Also what's it's range. Can you get out of it's area of effect before the teleport takes place?

Can't really answer the first one any other way than "it just does".Second point is kinda moot though since Vergil would have to know how summons,or more relevantly supernova,works to know to get the hell out of there.

I really have to say that the vid linked is just weird. If that's how summons function in FF7. Then it's the only game in the series where it teleports. All other summons in the series actually bring the creatures there. and not you to the creature.

But I'm also confused, since it's coming out as a physical object that teleports the target now we need to know things like range. Does it need to get close to Vergil? In the video it needed to be within a few feet. Vergil's crossed dimensions before. Can he or anyone else with dimension hopping escape the Supernova then?
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am
Winnosh wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

I really have to say that the vid linked is just weird. If that's how summons function in FF7. Then it's the only game in the series where it teleports. All other summons in the series actually bring the creatures there. and not you to the creature.

But I'm also confused, since it's coming out as a physical object that teleports the target now we need to know things like range. Does it need to get close to Vergil? In the video it needed to be within a few feet. Vergil's crossed dimensions before. Can he or anyone else with dimension hopping escape the Supernova then?

Moot point since
1.he'd have to know he's about to be dragged into the summons realm
2.React fast enough to escape before he gets pulled in
And 3.Even if he can escape said dimension he'd have to know that it isn't just a change of scenery for the sake of a neutral battlefield and he needs to get the hell out of there
before he gets killed.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 pm
or... 1. He sees a thing, and decides to back away from the thing to see what it does
2. true
3. why would he assume this "change of scenery" is in any way for the sake of a neutral battlefield?
I would totally watch this poker match.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm
Either way the difference between them would be like the difference between Beowulf and Savior. Sephiroth could do the same thing Vergil did to Beowulf to a Weapon.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm
Summons don't matter much here

As for Supernova. If they are going by Dissida, this is its description

A blast of such despair that it can send destruction even into other dimensions

Although in Dissidia, Sephiroth swings his sword to open up a hole and tosses them in.

That or he just opens up a hole to let a part of the blast through to deal damage

Who knows. I expect it to be disregarded entirely

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm
Winnosh wrote:Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there?

Nothing in Final Fantasty makes sense. Characters dying/being dead is treated as a huge plot point when there are items laying around that bring back the dead, the villain spends his time trying to get a weapon to destroy the world with when he can already destroy the world, and don't even get me started on those movies.

Honestly this series should have stayed out of Death Battle entirely. Yang should've fought Agent Texas, this fight should've been a DBX and the finale been Galactus vs Unicron, and Link should've fought... uh... someone else.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Sephiroth was not trying to destroy the world. Just wound it in a specific way to call forth the Lifestream.

Context.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!