Death Battle Feats Thread

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am
Winnosh wrote:Still think calling it a singularity is a bit premature. If the laws of the place aren't behaving like normal, then can a singularity even exist? When Goku's falling, it doesn't look like he's being sucked in. He just falls down because nothing's holding him up. He even does a slow spin in the air that would be impossible for his body to do if gravity was sucking him in one direction.

If the writers wanted it to be something, then the artists completely failed in portraying that. And without any evidence from the characters I have to go by the art.

A few things are for certain, though. First, when he fell into whatever the hell it is, he survived, absorbed the remains of the Spirit Bomb and accessed Ultra Instinct. Second, Ultra Instinct Goku is immeasurably beyond Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken X20 Goku at this point, simply going by how the two separate forms did in battle against the same opponent. Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken X20 Goku was absolutely STOMPED by Jiren, whereas Ultra Instinct Goku took the upper hand in the fight, only losing because his time in the form ran out.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 am
Neosonic97 wrote:Ultra Instinct Goku is immeasurably beyond Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken X20 Goku at this point

I completely disagree, 1st of all "immeasurably beyond" is far from it, Jiren is stronger than a god of destruction(as stated by a few characters, and probably confirmed by Clown god(forgot his name) attitude regarding Jiren) so we can safely scale that if we need to.
2nd of all, I don't think ultra instinct is a power up, it's just goku's body moving without the need for him to think and move it, (the thing Whis talked about ever since the golden freeza arc that not even Beerus mastered) this only means he moves effectively, instead of getting stronger(whis even states he regained stamina using the genki dama, not power).
One of the theories around it is that Goku was unconscious during his UI transformation and his body was acting on instinct, and as he regained consciousness he started losing it, until he fully wakes up and doesn't have it anymore. which would also explain why he doesn't remember it well.
I would totally watch this poker match.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 am
Greedow wrote:
Neosonic97 wrote:Ultra Instinct Goku is immeasurably beyond Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken X20 Goku at this point

I completely disagree, 1st of all "immeasurably beyond" is far from it, Jiren is stronger than a god of destruction(as stated by a few characters, and probably confirmed by Clown god(forgot his name) attitude regarding Jiren) so we can safely scale that if we need to.
2nd of all, I don't think ultra instinct is a power up, it's just goku's body moving without the need for him to think and move it, (the thing Whis talked about ever since the golden freeza arc that not even Beerus mastered) this only means he moves effectively, instead of getting stronger(whis even states he regained stamina using the genki dama, not power).
One of the theories around it is that Goku was unconscious during his UI transformation and his body was acting on instinct, and as he regained consciousness he started losing it, until he fully wakes up and doesn't have it anymore. which would also explain why he doesn't remember it well.

UI Goku is above SSB Kx20 no doubt but by how much is really the only question.
"Kiryu chan!!"

Spoiler
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 am
12cheeper wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:The Goku vs. Superman fight is one of those eternal matchups that'll continue to be waged. If you believe Death Battle, you'll defend it to the death. If you didn't? Or you think the recent episodes of DBS tips the balance? You'll argue the other way.

You do have to admit one thing though...Goku did get a stronger form above SSGSS...or...he's about to...I'm a little behind. lol

GvS has been wrong since episode 12 of DBS to be completely honest.
Unless you're a mindless DB shill I guess.

I told you I was behind. lol.

AND I AM STILL NOT A ROBOT JIMBOB!!!!!
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm
Greedow wrote:

This would be my perfect wish come true for Dragon Ball if it's what is actually happening.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 pm
Essentially Goku was pulling a Whis. Recall, Whis explained before about each part of the body moving and reacting on its own without conscious decision. It's a state of mental emptiness that allows hyper-awareness, the body moves and reacts to external stimuli without requiring the exchange of information between the body and the brain. Goku's fluid motion while in this state strongly resembles Whis' movements when training Goku and Vegeta.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 pm
DarthGeist wrote:Essentially Goku was pulling a Whis. Recall, Whis explained before about each part of the body moving and reacting on its own without conscious decision. It's a state of mental emptiness that allows hyper-awareness, the body moves and reacts to external stimuli without requiring the exchange of information between the body and the brain. Goku's fluid motion while in this state strongly resembles Whis' movements when training Goku and Vegeta.

Like the " Power of Nothingness " Ryu uses in Streetfighter. AKA the thing Goku was supposed to have learned way back in Dragon Ball but essentually was dropped.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm
What Whis was pretty much trying to teach them and even said Beerus hadn't mastered it yet. What holds Vegeta back is him being too tense and wound up all the time, and Goku always being too relaxed. Vegeta thinks too much and Goku doesn't think enough. The whole point of them fusing was to balance each other out and reach a state of equilibrium. But they dropped that ball in the Future Trunks arc. I kinda wish they'd do the Fusion Dance for Gogeta and utilize Goku's unique muscle memory, which allowed him to adapt that godly power back in BoG, and Vegeta's greater fighting instinct to understand and master the UI state. That would be one way to do it.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:13 pm
DarthGeist wrote:What Whis was pretty much trying to teach them and even said Beerus hadn't mastered it yet. What holds Vegeta back is him being too tense and wound up all the time, and Goku always being too relaxed. Vegeta thinks too much and Goku doesn't think enough. The whole point of them fusing was to balance each other out and reach a state of equilibrium. But they dropped that ball in the Future Trunks arc. I kinda wish they'd do the Fusion Dance for Gogeta and utilize Goku's unique muscle memory, which allowed him to adapt that godly power back in BoG, and Vegeta's greater fighting instinct to understand and master the UI state. That would be one way to do it.

I want them to fuse into Gogeta because I want Gogeta to be canon...Gogeta is awesome
any plot reason to do it would just be extra icying on a badass cake
I would totally watch this poker match.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 pm
All this reminds me is that Vegeta will never return to face a true battle here.
In a dream we can do, anything we want to...
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!