SA Mafia XXXVIII: A Conflict of Crowns END - DRAW (Pg. 28)

Play games with the g1s right here on the forums
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am
Wildman93 wrote:So yeah..... town won, and i mean right now. Sent grangle a pm to modkill me. I mean i could go up against fires logic all i want, but that claim sealed my fate. Honestly thats all he needed.... and maybe could have not called me a SOB when i was just playing to wincon but whateves. I didnt get a safeclaim so im out if moves. Up until that gamebreaking move i was having a shitload of fun, even when waluigi said he blocked me. I still felt like i could find a way around that, but i cant refute claimed vt flavor if everyone else has it. Other than that town and scum were awesome this game. I just think flavor broke the setup quite a bit. But im not too discouraged and plan to kick ass next round. GG y'all
P.S. you guys were in lylo.... i was soooo close it hurts

Just to be clear the whole SOB thing is purely a scum directed comment. As in any one who is scum while I'm town get's my raging anger. But I hold no ill will or negative thoughts against anyone who is actually playing the game. It's all part of the game and how I get more enjoyment out of it. You know, good guys are good and the bad guys are bad.

As for the **cough** flavor claim. In hind sight it was a bit too close to the actual quote after discussing it with NetteNette. BUT if I had a do over I would STILL word it in a way that would have the same reaction from all VT while being fine. Basically all I had to do was mention Kings Landing in some way and VTs would know. Copy and pasted VT flavors that are too specific are easy to do this with. But bland VT flavors have no fun. Only solution is for VT flavors to be all slightly tailored.

GG Wild, you did very well and hadn't Waluigi pointed you out to us you most likely would of won because I would not be able to convince town your scum by my self. And most likely would of been mislynched for going after you. I mean Demonus REALLY wanted me dead and would take any excuse to do it. And the fact that he was pretty much confirmed town meant he had a lot of sway too.

This has to be my best town game I've ever played though not my best played game ever. My best played games have always been scum. Every one of my votes was on scum and I was weary of those who I didn't vote on but turned out to be scum. Course I had a few other misleads (never posted those). BUT I voted for the most scummy and those turned out to be scum so I pretty happy about my performance.

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 am
Levi, lawl at that last post.

Fire, no hard feelings when you read the dead qt...also, you totally had me as town! My death was lucky as all hell for you guys!

Wild, you played well and deserved a win. I guess we'll just have to play again, maybe with less murderkilling this time ;)
Do you know that I was literally on the verge of begging Waluigi to block you a second night because my gut screamed that you were a vig and were targeting me? I should really listen to that more often...like when I knew you were cop in the donner party but took out West instead. My scum gut (on you) is fairly good, I am gonna act on it next time! XD
MexicanAnime wrote:"So, my townness makes me cum?" - Ari 2014
Wildman: I shot Aristo dead
Cheetory: Bitch you just got murder killed.
I play lots of Mafia. This is my Wiki
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 am

OFFICIAL END-OF-GAME RULING

Story
*none*

Here's the spiel:

While I am going to honor Wild's request to call the game here, I do not feel as if I can award the town the victory in this case given the situation. A rule was broken and it was not remedied (by anyone involved) in time for it to not have an impact on the outcome of the game. Further, once it was remedied, a post was made afterward indicating the language used that broke the rule.

Both of those people who made said posts were members of the town.

That said, it was not a 100% foregone conclusion at the time the post was made that Wild would have been the target afterwards. Theoretically, the town could have gone after any other person, which would have aided Wild in winning. Wild could have perhaps tried to deflect suspicion away from himself onto someone else. I know that given the town's logic this was extremely unlikely, yet it was still possible. Therefore, I cannot give Wild the victory here either.

I don't know if this has happened before, given the circumstances, but...

TL;DR
The game is over. I declare this game to be a DRAW between town and third party.

Player List
4. Metalcyanide
6. Demonus Requiem
7. Firehazard51
8. Blazerxz
9. Leviwulf
11. Wildman93

Dead Pool
Spoiler
XaviorTheSavior (Robb Stark): He joined his father in death.
Fox: Killed in battle before his time.
BKG (Cersei Lannister): Protected her son, at the ultimate cost.
Aristophanes (Arya Stark): Valar morghulis.
waluigi (Catelyn Stark): Like her son, she never surrendered.
HonorableBard (Lord Varys): His "little birds" couldn't protect him from dragons.

Post game wrap-up posts and stuff like that coming shortly.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:14 am
Spoiler

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:43 am
the only proper reaction to the ending
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnl-qhCgW0Y[/youtube]

Fun round for the most part Grangle.... um, minus the hiccups.
Spoiler
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:46 am
The Setup

I thought I would give some details on the setup of the game to try to clear up any confusion about it. The power roles for each faction were as follows:
Town
Joffrey "Baratheon" - Governor/Doublevoter - Could stop one lynch at any time during a day cycle; his lynch vote counts as two votes
Cersei Lannister - Jailkeeper - As it says on the tin. Protects from standard nightkills yet also roleblocks the target for the night cycle. Could only be over-ridden by Arya's Strongman kill (see below)
Lord Varys - Cop - Also standard. Investigates one player per night, I indicate whether or not that player is mafia.
Mafia
Robb Stark - Godfather - Immune to investigative roles
Arya Stark - Strongman - One extra kill usable on any one night cycle, over-rides all protection
Catelyn Stark - Roleblocker - Standard. Blocks target player's role for night cycle
Third Party
Daenerys Targaryen - Serial Killer/Special - Win-con is to outlive all mafia and "inspire" enough town members to overtake the majority of the town in numbers
Has three kills; one kill usable per night cycle until depleted; kills can be blocked, and blocked kills count as one use
Chooses one player to "inspire" per night cycle; only successful if that player is VT; "inspired" VT is sent a message about Daenerys, indicating that they are inspired but with no other information; "inspired" VT count as town when adding up town vs. mafia but count towards Daenerys when adding town vs. third party

I'll do a recap post indicating who targeted who and all that later, and I'll go over what was on my mind when I was making the decision on how to handle the end-game.

I had a few other additional roles planned at first that I cut from the game when we didn't get enough players to fill all the spots. I thought cutting it down to this was the best compromise of keeping the size of the game to what I could get and implementing the mechanics that I wanted to have. Here are the additional planned roles by faction:
Town
Jaime Lannister - Sidekick - Standard. Protects one person per night; whatever happens to that person happens to Jaime instead
Mafia
Catelyn Stark would have been a standard Silencer instead of the Roleblocker
Sansa Stark - Traitor/Roleblocker - Would have had Catelyn's Roleblocker ability, but would have been a Traitor as well; she would have known who the mafia are, but mafia would not have known her; mafia would have had to target her with a standard night kill to bring her fully into the group
Bran Stark - Vanilla Goon
Third Party
Daenerys would have always been a one-person third party, but there was going to be another:
Tyrion Lannister - recruitable by any faction; on his own, win-con would simply be to survive; if any faction used a night action on him, he would be recruited to that faction on a first-come, first-claim basis; would have private communication with whatever individual made the night action that claimed him; if recruited by Daenerys, would take over Daenerys' role if she died
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:52 am
Also, you'll find the afterlife QT and scum QT in the OP.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:52 am
So, as it turns out, I had little actual grasp of this game from go. Not only did everyone start each day looking at me, but were fabricating crap to get me gone, not helped by a cop who decided his findings were best kept secret. Ari had me fooled the whole way, Wild started going shady on day 2, and as I said wal will always be suspect, though the claims made were good bluffs.

Grangle, this was a good game. Cast losing their mind notwithstanding, I give it an A-. I would suggest putting investigation results in the TLDR notes though.

0-0-1 record. I'll take it, not sure if I'll jump in another game though.
Badge by Wulfon
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 pm
firehazard51 wrote:
Spoiler

Don't take all the blame for this Fire. I'm just as much at fault for what happened as you are, perhaps even more so since I brought it back up after you edited your post.

About how the game ended, I think Grangle made the best possible decision. It wouldn't have been completely fair to punish us for saying something we didn't know we couldn't say (Fire's was debatable as he copied much of the PM, but I tried paraphrasing. Emphasis on tried). But at the same time it wouldn't have been fair to Wild to let him lose because of how close Fire's claim was to the role PM. It was a very mature decision on Grangle's part, which I respect.

I apologize for breaking a rule (it wasn't intentional) and I'm sorry if anything I did ended up breaking the game. No hard feelings?

About the game as a whole, I had fun for what little time I was around. It was also easier for me to play this round than the past couple games I've played, possibly due to replacing in, which made the game more enjoyable for me. It was a good round and I hope you host another game someday Grangle.
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:52 pm
Damn, now I'm 0-2-1 lol. Don't worry about it Fire mistakes happen.

Grangle it was a fun game and story.
Previous

Return to g1 Forum Games