SA Mafia XXXVII: Survivor Canadian Arctic - Mafia Win Pg. 30

Play games with the g1s right here on the forums
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 am
Metalcyanide wrote:
HonorableBard wrote:
Metalcyanide wrote:

Oh I'm alive!? I just assumed I died when you guys won, or do I still have my shotgun?

We confiscated it, but you got to keep the bullets.

Also, big mistake I'm a combat engineer you guys are done for. Do you know what I can do with shotgun rounds

Well you would have to wait till the day phase, this is the night phase we win case closed.
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 am
This round was not as great as I had hoped for 2 reasons:
1. Relatively small player base resulted in smaller discussions and shorter game.
2. Donner Party. It's not as fun when a dead player's allegiance remains a secret.
Or maybe I'm just miffed that all of my initial gut reads turned out to be right and I ignored them. :|
I'm XaviortheSavior, and this is my favorite forum on the Citadel!
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 am
XaviortheSavior wrote:This round was not as great as I had hoped for 2 reasons:
1. Relatively small player base resulted in smaller discussions and shorter game.
2. Donner Party. It's not as fun when a dead player's allegiance remains a secret.
Or maybe I'm just miffed that all of my initial gut reads turned out to be right and I ignored them. :|

All my gut reads were wrong, several times. I do have to say you were pretty on point with you calls.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:08 am
Metal, we almost got em. Just should have held your vote. Despite some errors you still played well.

Anyway nicely done mafia. Honor got out of hot water a lot, req flew under the radar, and you played every situation so it would result in your favor.

Thought this was a great setup, being open and knowing all the roles going in you would think that would make it boring, but there was a lot of room for errors and false claims. So you could rarely be sure of much. I prefer smaller games so this was the perfect size/length. Aristo was a great host. 10/10 quick payment fast shipping would buy from again.
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:53 am
Fox wrote:Metal, we almost got em. Just should have held your vote. Despite some errors you still played well.

Anyway nicely done mafia. Honor got out of hot water a lot, req flew under the radar, and you played every situation so it would result in your favor.

Thought this was a great setup, being open and knowing all the roles going in you would think that would make it boring, but there was a lot of room for errors and false claims. So you could rarely be sure of much. I prefer smaller games so this was the perfect size/length. Aristo was a great host. 10/10 quick payment fast shipping would buy from again.

Could have and should have.

And yes, Great job Aristo
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:15 am
I was the dietician. Got whacked by both the mafia and SK night 2, that's why there was only one kill that night.

I thought the game was alright, and I thought Aristo did a good job as mod. At the same time, I thought there were perhaps too many killing roles for a game this size. Town lost 3 players night 1, making things tough for us already when there were only 12 of us. I understand you were probably initially envisioning a bigger game, but when a quarter of your players have nightkills in a multi-scum game it seems a bit unbalanced in scum's favor IMO.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm
Alrighty guys, here we go!

I've updated all of the stories. The last couple are, well, a little dark, but I think it went in a good direction. I know I enjoyed writing them.

I was going to do player scores, but instead I think I'll do them as overall team reviews. If you'd like my input on your gameplay specifically, feel free to ask!

Town:
Spoiler
You guys played well. Had you kept your suspicions on Bard, I think you might have had a much better chance. Your PRs missed the mark most nights, and Roleblocker seemingly forgot about the 1-shot RB immune the serial killer had, and that there were 2 scum. Metal, you hit scum with 2 of your 3 blocks, but Fox was immune the first night, and Bard never made the kills as he knew how suspicious he seemed. You could have played as a tighter group, but in the chaos that is this game, I understand how hard that is.

Mafia:
Spoiler
This setup is extremely difficult for the Mafia to win. It takes dodging 2 killing roles, a roleblocker, and a flavour cop, plus lynches, in order to pull through. That you guys both survived is amazing and I give you top marks for that. As I said, you guys were really scummy. While I was reading, I kept saying to myself "Oh, another scum slip...and nobody said boo." "Oh, classic scum move right there...cool, town agrees." Etc. I don't know if you would have been so lucky playing like this in other games, but knowing more than the average townie helped. I was kinda hoping one of you would claim Dietician to see Fox's reactions, but alas, it was not needed. GG Mafia!

Third Party:
Spoiler
Fox, you played a very tight game. Had Metal kept that vote at the end, you would have had a great chance of winning. Seeing you as SK when I did the roles made me very happy, as I know you are as sly as your name suggests. I don't have much to say except for that you played an very good game. Had you taken out a Mafia member before Lylo, you probably could have taken it, but that's neither here nor there.

Guys, I really enjoyed this. Despite my comments above, I think you all played a very good game, and I really enjoyed every minute of it!

Grangle, this setup is a game with preset parameters, known as Donner Party. The multiple killing roles create a lot of chaos, but also have some interesting mechanics that didn't happen this game. Flips can tell a lot, even without alignment, but i know how hard this setup can be for town. That said, there's a pretty equal rate of Town and SK winning this setup. Mafia rarely do, thus my kudos to them.

Xav, you played well, just stick to your gut more. You had a good chance of hitting scum a lot of the time, just happened to be a little unlucky.

Oh, and MetalCyanide and HonorableBard confirmed new Wildman93 and Aristophanes. (We started playing at the same time, had a similar experience in our first game, and are now "frenemies" for life).

If you guys have any more questions, comments, likes, dislikes, criticisms, or just want to hang out, feel free to toss them out there! Every bit helps in making a better experience here! :)

Oh, and thank you all for playing and for keeping the game drama-free! It makes me happy that Mafia games here can still work without any of that being an issue! You are all great and I hope to see you in future games! :)
MexicanAnime wrote:"So, my townness makes me cum?" - Ari 2014
Wildman: I shot Aristo dead
Cheetory: Bitch you just got murder killed.
I play lots of Mafia. This is my Wiki
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:59 pm
GG Mafia

Thanks for hosting Ari!
Thanks Tay~
Spoiler
Previous

Return to g1 Forum Games