g1 Jeopardy 04-01-2014: NOT AGAIN... (COMPLETE)

Play games with the g1s right here on the forums
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:19 am
UPDATE: Due to...circumstances, I will delay the whole bang one hour later. Sorry! In the meantime, I dunno...eat popcorn or something? :|

There's a story behind this next clueboard I'll be playing tomorrow. Remember how I usually love when Jeopardy plays with its categories with puns and full sentences? I'll be doing something like this...though the end result is something even I didn't fathom at the time I prepared it. Maybe nowadays...I'm rather okay with it. I don't know if many of you will. :?

Er, yeah... *scratches head* I didn't got that "World's Greatest Attorney" clue from the games, ya know. :oops:

Anyway, let's recap:

CURRENT CHAMPION: THUNDERPLANT ( $3400 )

TOP 3 RUNNER UPS:

- SMOKE108 ( $3200 )

- A ZERO 2 HERO ( $600 )

- KAILOLI ( $600 )

LEADERBOARDS:
Spoiler
1. THUNDERPLANT $3400

Previous games:
g1 Jeopardy The Return (Slogans)

g1 Forum Jeopardy Pilot

Summary of Jeopardy and Rules below in the next post.
Last edited by JETZ.acx on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 am
WHAT IS JEOPARDY!?

Jeopardy is one of the most popular quiz shows here in the US. It has a very simple premise: three contestants take turns uncovering clues in the form of answer behind money values, and then they ring in to answer them in the form of a question. If the player responds correctly, he/she will earn the money. However if it's wrong, that same amount will be subtracted by his/her current total of winnings. This is why it's called Jeopardy - you're constantly wagering your money every time you try to respond to a clue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIeYuRWw-FY[/youtube]

Anyway, the "clueboard" is this giant 5x6 TV board in which each column has 5 clues of a particular category, all with increasing money values. The bigger the money, the harder the clue. There's also that famous "Daily Double" that could appear anywhere on the clue board, which give that lone player the chance to wager any amount of money they want, but then they will have to answer a pretty difficult clue in order to win it or else they'll lose their wager.

There are three rounds: Jeopardy, Double Jeopardy, and Final Jeopardy. The difference between the first and second rounds is that Double Jeopardy doubles all the money values and has two Daily Doubles instead of one. The Final Jeopardy is where a final category with a clue is given to the players, where they will wager one final amount before giving their answer. (It's also where the classic "Think" music is played) When this round is finished, the player with the biggest amount of money wins.

FORUM g1 JEOPARDY RULES:

- Forum Jeopardy is shorter and far more open for any user to join in at any time. There is only one board, with one Daily Double, and anyone can play at any time. Also, we’re leaving Final Jeopardy as a video treat for weekly recaps…if I get to do them.

- Every new game will be in a new thread. It will be a weekly event, and not every time I will be hosting, provided people volunteer later on.

- While the first post in the thread will look like this:

Spoiler
CURRENT CHAMPION: <g1 name>

LEADERBOARDS: (List of winners and their total winnings)

PREVIOUS TOP 3: (List of players from previous game that were close to winning)

(And a general summary of events from the past game)

Clue posts will be like this:
Spoiler
CURRENT BOARD:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CATEGORY NOTES: (Any particular details that need to be reminded to players about certain categories)

SCORE: (List of players)

CURRENT CLUE:

STUTTERING CRAIG - $200

- First clue is always a random clue from the $200 dollar amount.

- If you know the answer, your post will have the response along with the category and money value you wish for. If you get it correctly and you were the first to get it right, you’ll gain command of the board and the host will proceed to reveal the next clue.
* An example: “What is Jeopardy? Retro games $400”

- NO EDITING POSTS. If I see an edited post, your answer will be disqualified and I’ll count it as a wrong answer. Play fair, people. Oh, and try not to delete posts, either. I hit F5 a lot, BTW.

- I’ll be keeping the score on a spoiler box on each new clue post. Remember: numbers can go into negative levels.

- As you know, there’s a “DAILY DOUBLE” clue on the board. When a player finds it, this next clue will be a wager clue, and only he/she will be able to answer it. (Anyone else who dives in will be penalized. I will make a quick reminder whenever a DAILY DOUBLE appears.) I’ll send a quick PM to the player as a reminder just in case he is AFK or away from the forums, then the g1 will have to wager any amount he/she has at the moment (or up to $1000 if said player doesn’t have enough). Once wagered, I’ll be revealing the clue, and the player will have to respond like any other clue in order to double that score, otherwise it’ll be lost and the next clue will be revealed.

- Once all 30 answers are unveiled and we’re done responding, I’ll tally up the scores and declare a winner. (No Final Jeopardy – it’s just a bit of a hassle to do that.) The winner will be proclaimed Current Champion and will enter the leaderboards. All other players’ amounts will be reset.

UNDERSTANDING CATEGORIES

- Whenever I make a board, I usually always string a common theme in all of them, either as a joke or as a tribute. Jeopardy often did this in one of the two rounds, so I believe it brings a bit of personality in them. For example, I can make six categories that form a sentence, but each word or phrase details a different topic. Or I can go simpler and simply select fighters in Super Smash Bros. You never know.

- Either way, what’s most important is to pay attention to that single phrase or word that details what the full category is all about. If the category reads, “1Ups”, it’s likely that it means that it’s all about extra lives in video games and how they are represented.

- There’s also trick categories. For example, a category may have a word or a letter inside “ ” which means every response will have or start with that word or letter, respectively. (I will detail what exactly they mean when I show the board.) Others are about filling the blank, and some even have to do with audio or video clips uploaded on YouTube. It’s up to you to come up with the right response.

- The big thing here is to pay attention what the category is about, and if there’s any special stipulation, read it and play it by heart. Don’t get caught off guard!
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 pm
On my phone, hopefully I can get answers out quickly enough...
MexicanAnime wrote:"So, my townness makes me cum?" - Ari 2014
Wildman: I shot Aristo dead
Cheetory: Bitch you just got murder killed.
I play lots of Mafia. This is my Wiki
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm
Okay, seems like I've ran out of juice, and I know this is going to sound weird, but we might have to restart the whole clueboard again cuz I don't have the new board available just yet. Hey, I know ya guys are anxious but let's be real - we ALL know you wanna play Jeopardy big time. Last two week's board was pretty cool, so let's play it again! :lol:

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 pm
eh.... would have been a better April Fool's to have trolling clues
Spoiler
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Do not undermine the brilliance of my masterpiece.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 pm
but srsly is there a still a game tonight?
Spoiler
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm
Yes, there is, it's just that I haven't been able to get everything set in time. No matter, more time for people to gather. At least I'm here.
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm
Okay. Really bad attempt at April Fools aside...here's the real clueboard.

CURRENT BOARD:

Yeah, sue me. BTW Vinyl best pony and Luna best princess haters gonna hate follow me on Twitter @Skunkpony

CATEGORY NOTES:
Spoiler
 - My "Little": You know the drill. Each correct response will have 'Little' somewhere in it.

SCORE: None so far

CURRENT CLUE:

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 pm
What is Life? Ponies for 200
Spoiler
Next

Return to g1 Forum Games