SA Mafia Games Commission (Update pg. 36)

Play games with the g1s right here on the forums
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 pm
The ScrewAttack Mafia Commission

ANNOUNCEMENTS!
-Fox will be taking over scheduling with Abrams X handling game balance.
-Season 4 Schedule has been updated.
-Future rounds will be submitted to Abrams X only.

CURRENT ROUND:
Round (35) XXXV (to be Hosted by Fox) is set for MARCH/APRIL

FUTURE SCHEDULED ROUNDS:
Round (36) XXXVI (to be Hosted by Xavior the Savior) is set for May
Round (37) XXXVII (to be Hosted by Aristophanes) is set for June
Round (38) XXXVIII (to be Hosted by Mashfan81) is set for July
Round (39) XXXIX (to be Hosted by Grangle) is pending for TBA
Round (40) XXXX (to be Hosted by Mr. XXXX) is set for TBA

*All dates are approximations and are subject to change*

We are pretty booked up for the rest of the season but things are bound to change. Mini round submissions are welcome as well, we will try to work them in.

Welcome to the Commission, scumbags!

In order to further facilitate the collaboration and coordination of forum games here
on ScrewAttack, representatives from the g1 community have formed The SA Mafia Commission.

The members of the Commission are;
Fox - The Taskmaster (Game Scheduling)
Woodyman - The Hypeman (Game Promotion)
Abrams X - The Equalizer (Game Balance)
Motus Pwnus - The Chairman (Overseer)

The Commission’s goal is to organize and assist with the creation, running, and archiving of Mafia Games.

Thread Rules & Etiquette
Spoiler
In addition to established Forum Rules & Guidelines;

-This thread is solely for the discussion, planning, and organization of past & future mafia games. DO NOT DISCUSS GAMES IN PROGRESS HERE (leave that to their respective threads).

-Linking & Promotion of Mafia games from other forums IS ACCEPTABLE, but again, limit discussion about on going games to their respective forums/threads

-This thread is NOT for the organization/discussion of OTHER forum games. If you wish to propose ideas for other forums games, go to the “Game Incubator thread

Failure to comply with the above may result in being banned from participation in Mafia or any other forum games on SA.

Submission Process

Spoiler
As long as you have experience playing Mafia, you can submit a game outline for review by the Commission.

If you would like to reserve a future round, please submit an outline that contains:
  • Theme/Story for the round
  • Rules/Mechanics (especially if they are modified from what is already established)
  • Game-play* (such as win conditions, factions in play, number of players, etc)
  • Roles** (Hidden roles do NOT have to be included, but please take extra care to ensure balance)
  • Time/Round in which you would like to host
    *Can be omitted if such things are supposed to be “unknown” to the general populace, or (such as number of players) is variable.
    **Same as above, info CAN be omitted if prudent to the game set-up/balance.
    (In case of both of the above, make sure you take extra care to ensure balance of your game)

Each game submission will be considered/decided on a case-by-case basis
  • If multiple people submit for the same round, rounds will be awarded at the discretion of the Commission & availability.
  • If you wish to change your round's set-up or time slot, or need to forfeit your slot for w/e reason, please inform the members of the Commission well beforehand. Failure to do so may result in being banned from modding future rounds.

We will ONLY be scheduling rounds up to 5 in advance! Additionally, rounds ending in a multiples of 5 (Such as XXV(25), XXX(30), XXXV(35), etc) are reserved by and for the members of the Commission, but MAY be awarded per our discretion to other hosts.

These rules/guidelines apply to regular rounds as well as “mini rounds”. However, the regulation for mini rounds is be considerably more lax then the regular rounds. Also;
  • Mini Rounds can take place anytime between regular rounds (which take place about once a month).
  • Mini Rounds have a MAX limit of 12 players, and are to be designed for expedient play.
  • Multiple mini rounds can be scheduled/played between regular rounds, but we will still not schedule more then 5 of these in advance

Besides that, the only other thing we ask is that in order to host a round on SA, is that you have previously played some rounds here as well.

Again, failure to comply with any of the above may result in being banned from hosting rounds in the future, up to the discretion of the Commission.

Send a copy of your outlines for Round Submissions to Abrams X.

Any other questions/comments/concerns about SA Mafia or the Commission can be posted in this thread and/or PM'd to any one of us.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!
Last edited by Abrams X on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
g1 of the year 2011
g1 of the year 2011
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 am
In regards to Hydra accounts in Mafia
JohnnyFarrar wrote:
Flashpenny wrote:I think I may understand somewhat but, just for clarification's sake, what is a hydra account?

Two users, one account. Treated as one player.

Abrams X wrote:For anyone wondering, Fox has ok'd people playing mafia with "hydra accounts" here on the forums, and we (the Commission) have discussed it quite bit amongst ourselves. So for the time being (unless it proves to be a problem sometime down the line), these are the rules & expectations if you wish to play mafia, but with another player in a Hydra;
Spoiler
-Hydra accounts are allowed as long as they're ONLY used for the purposes of playing Mafia. This simply means no posting outside of the designated Mafia game threads (Game in progress & related QTs/private chats).

-Currently no more then TWO people to one Hydra. This may be subject to change but until such a time we wish to keep it as simple as possible.

-Players in a particular Hydra account are (obviously) allowed to discuss the game among themselves outside of the designated game threads, via Skype, personal forum and/or QT. In game (Game thread or designated QTs, etc.) they are to post ONLY as the Hydra. Beyond that all normal game rules still apply. That said;

-Hydra accounts in game are to be treated & regarded as one player. Mostly for the other players in the game, just because there is more then one person you could be talking to, doesn't mean you actually are at any given point. In other words, I don't want this to turn into "Well, I heard from so-and-so, I would like to instead hear from the other." That is a lot of unnecessary headache and NO ONE wants to deal with that, especially the host.

-It is ultimately up to the host of each individual round if they wish to allow hydra accounts into their game. Even if though the Commission is ok with it, if a host does not want to allow Hydra accounts, then they don't have too, tough luck on your part.

If you wish to join a game as a Hydra, first thing you need to do is (1) contact a member of the Commission (myself, Fox, or Woodyman) and let us know who you plan on joining with. Then (2) contact the host of the game you wish to join, and make sure they are cool with you joining the game as a Hydra. If approval is acquired, then lastly (3) "sign-up" as the Hydra account in the game thread, and let other players know who is using the account.

Before the actual game beings, as well as post game, players in a hydra can post in the designated game threads individually. Once the game beings, however, they ONLY can post in game under the hydra account, no exceptions.

I think this about covers it. If there are any questions/concerns, then please let me know. Additionally in light of anything that may crop up, these rules are subject to change to some degree. Cheers and Thanks~
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 pm
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 am
PREVIOUS ROUND LIST

Season 1*

Spoiler
Round I (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - MAFIA WIN!
Round II (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round III (hosted by Dark Side) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round IV: "Infection" (hosted by Fox) (additional info) - MAFIA WIN!
Round V: "Superpowered Corruption" (hosted by GameJudge) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round VI: "Strings and Sharp Suits" (hosted by Dark Side) - TEAM MAFIA B WIN!
Round VII: "Criminal Clash" (hosted by Elitekill) - THIRD PARTY WIN!
Round VIII: "The Wicked" (hosted by Young_Yet_Retro) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round IX: "The Wake" (hosted by Fox) - CIVILIAN and THIRD PARTY WIN!
Round X: "Mafia on Infinite Earths I" (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - CIVILIAN WIN!

Season 2

Spoiler
Round XI: "Count Down" (hosted by Interweb) - CLIQUE WIN!
Round XII: "Feudal Conspiracy" (Hosted by Elitekill) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round XIII: "Self-Aware Mayhem" (Hosted by GameJudge) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XIV: "Shiver Me Timbers" (Hosted by Flashpenny) - CIVILIANS WIN!
Round XV: "Mafiapoint" (Hosted by Darkseid) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XVI: "Vice" (Hosted by Fox) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XVII: "Arctic Heist" (Hosted by Woodyman) - MAFIA & PSYCHO WIN!
Round XVIII: "A Time to Kill" (Hosted by Slingshot) - CIVILIANS WIN! (Set-up thread)
Round XIX: "Emancipation" (Hosted by Abrams X) - CIVILIANS WIN!
Round XX: "A New Hope Abridged" (Hosted by Lilbill) - MAFIA WIN!

Season 3

Spoiler
Round XXI: "Future Continued" (Hosted by Distrotion) - CIVILIANS WIN!
Round XXII: "Trouble in Toontown" (Hosted by Woodyman) - CIVILIANS WIN!
Round XXIII: "Mafia is Due in Mapleberry" (hosts Atomic_Tomato & Abrams X) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXIV: "Q-Men Origins" (Hosted by Flashpenny) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXV: "Never is Forever" (Hosts Abrams X & Mashfan81) - MAFIA & SURVIVOR WIN!
Round XXVI: "Protocol Z" (Hosted by Mr. West) - THIRD PARTY WIN!
Round XXVII: "Darkest Knight" (Hosted by Quickman) - TOWN WIN!
Round XXVIII: "Humanoid Mechanics" (Hosted by Waluigi) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXIX: "Mega Mayhem" (Hosted by Blazerxz) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXX: "The Trilogy" - The Main Thread - (Hosted by the Commission)

Season 4

Round XXXI: "Thriller" (Hosted by Interweb) - THIRD PARTY (Thriller) WIN!
Round XXXII: "The Darkwatch Chronicles" (Hosted by Woodyman) - TOWN WIN!
Round XXXIII: "Animal Farm" (hosted by Cheetory) - TOWN WIN!
Round XXXIV: "Magi Mafia Magica" (hosted by Kailoli) - TOWN WIN!
Round XXXV: "Reservoir Foxes" (Hosted by Fox) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXXVI: "Mass Effect Mafia" (Hosted by Xavior [w/ Wildman]) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXXVII: "Survivor Canadian Arctic" (Hosted by Aristophanes) - MAFIA WIN!
Round XXXVIII: "A Conflict of Crowns" (Hosted by Grangle) - TOWN & THIRD PARTY draw

Round XXXIX - COMING SOON!

OTHER GAMES

Mini Mafia 1: "Nightless Vengeful Mayhem" (Hosted by JohnnyFarrar) - MAFIA WIN!
Mini Mafia 2 : "Protocol Y" (Hosted by Mr. West) - MAFIA WIN!
Mini Mafia 3: "Triforce Troubles" (Hosted by Grangle) - MAFIA WIN!
Mini Mafia 4: "Cops and... mostly Cops" (Hosted by Dragonlord) - Pending Indef
Mini Mafia 5: "Survivor Iceland" (Hosted by Aristophanes) - TOWN WIN!

Molehunt Mafia (DTT) (Hosted by Fandango) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Russian Roulette X Mafia (Hosted by Fox) - TOWN WIN! (Kailoli Ultimate Winner~)
"Game that Should Have Been Run by Aristophanes" (bastardized by Waluigi) - JESTER & 3rd PARTY WIN?

Link to previous “Mafia General” Thread

Notes;
*Most Season 1 games are missing due to unavoidable forum shenanigans
Last edited by Abrams X on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
g1 of the year 2011
g1 of the year 2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am
How the hell did I post here already?

Hype Man!!!
Spoiler
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 am
I lurve Mafia gaiz for the realz yo *pose*

I posted this at TPS one or two days ago, and I might as well repost it here:

Make your own Mafia

Story segments will contain a cliffhanger for which the players are meant to pick one of two outcomes due to a vote. One choice gives Town a perk and the other gives Mafia a perk. Perks are quite benign, like getting an extra day to vote or the ability to chat during a locked period (night for town, day for mafia). Then there's a role out there that is allowed to know which story option gives a perk to which side.

Think of them like morality choices in the game, where the right choice might end up meaning a perk for the mafia. It's a leap of faith sort of choice, that also keeps people interested in the story.

Also, one of the perks could be too drop clues on a role, whether that be a townie or civie depending on who won the choice.

Also, we need to bring back Phoenix Wright GIF's *trollface*
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 am
I think I'll pass on modding a full round, but if ever there is s lull between games here I'd be fine doing a mini.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 am
Felt the need to add what I know:
Spoiler
Season 1*

Round I (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - MAFIA WIN!
Round II (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round III (hosted by Dark Side) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round IV: "Infection" (hosted by Fox) (additional info) - MAFIA WIN!
Round V: "Superpowered Corruption" (hosted by GameJudge) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round VI: "Strings and Sharp Suits" (hosted by Dark Side) - TEAM MAFIA B WIN!
Round VII: "Criminal Clash" (hosted by Elitekill) - THIRD PARTY WIN!
Round VIII: "The Wicked" (hosted by Young_Yet_Retro) - CIVILIAN WIN!
Round IX: "The Wake" (hosted by Fox) - CIVILIAN and THIRD PARTY WIN!
Round X (hosted by Motus Pwnus) - CIVILIAN WIN!

Glad to see this finally setup. I had talked to Motus about doing this a long time ago.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 pm
Woodyman wrote:How the hell did I post here already?

Fox's Adminja skills~ (Thread was originally created from older posts elsewhere in the forums, lol)

Young_Yet_Retro wrote:Glad to see this finally setup. I had talked to Motus about doing this a long time ago.

Cheers sir. We all had actually been discussing it for a few months (since August) but with the random forum downtimes, etc. It kept kinda getting pushed to the back burner. Also, I was being kinda lazy in writing stuff up, lol.

Also, many thanks for the S1 listings, it is much appreciated~

Fandango wrote:I lurve Mafia gaiz for the realz yo *pose*

I posted this at TPS one or two days ago, and I might as well repost it here:

Make your own Mafia

Spoiler
Story segments will contain a cliffhanger for which the players are meant to pick one of two outcomes due to a vote. One choice gives Town a perk and the other gives Mafia a perk. Perks are quite benign, like getting an extra day to vote or the ability to chat during a locked period (night for town, day for mafia). Then there's a role out there that is allowed to know which story option gives a perk to which side.

Think of them like morality choices in the game, where the right choice might end up meaning a perk for the mafia. It's a leap of faith sort of choice, that also keeps people interested in the story.

Also, one of the perks could be too drop clues on a role, whether that be a townie or civie depending on who won the choice.

Also, we need to bring back Phoenix Wright GIF's *trollface*

This idea is kinda cool, though the "right choice might mean a perk for the mafia" is a bit bastardly :P Maybe if it was more multiple choice then yes/no, and certain choices could offer multiple perks, but the benefit would lean one way or the other. Still though, I do like the idea.

In regards to Phoenix Wright gifs, you know I have no problem with them, just as long as they are spoilered & not used over-excessively, lol
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 pm
Abrams X wrote:Cheers sir. We all had actually been discussing it for a few months (since August) but with the random forum downtimes, etc. It kept kinda getting pushed to the back burner. Also, I was being kinda lazy in writing stuff up, lol.l

Heh, I just looked at the actual people in charge. They're all the names I suggested to Motus on who would be good at running this.
Next

Return to g1 Forum Games