SA Mafia Games Commission (Update pg. 36)

Play games with the g1s right here on the forums
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:47 am
I'm looking forward to Dragonlord's game to start, and I wanted to say that I am interested in hosting a round afterwards. I'm slightly hesitant as I would like to do more research on all that goes on as a host, as well as what types of games/roles make for the most fun as players and for all those reading from the peanut gallery.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:34 am
HonorableBard wrote:I'm looking forward to Dragonlord's game to start, and I wanted to say that I am interested in hosting a round afterwards. I'm slightly hesitant as I would like to do more research on all that goes on as a host, as well as what types of games/roles make for the most fun as players and for all those reading from the peanut gallery.

Neat! :)

In my experience, smaller games (9-13 players) tend to be easier to balance. With the break we had in Mafia here, I'd also suggest something of that size in order to work people back into playing mode.

Hosting itself is rather simple. Keep updated vote counts, answer questions, and make sure people follow your rules. Post flips as needed and write a story to add flavour (technically that last bit is optional).

In making the game, for your first time you can always check out the MafiaScum wiki for preset game setups to get a better feel for balance. You can then use or adapt them, of make your own. Abrams is always happy to help tweak balances (unless that's Fox's territory now...I've forgotten).

Other than that, you can add some flavour to the roles as well and voila!
You have yourself a Mafia game!

Oh, and Fox/Abrams has to give you the okay and fit you into a slot as well, but I don't think that'll be a problem much right now.
MexicanAnime wrote:"So, my townness makes me cum?" - Ari 2014
Wildman: I shot Aristo dead
Cheetory: Bitch you just got murder killed.
I play lots of Mafia. This is my Wiki
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:26 pm
Aristophanes wrote:
HonorableBard wrote:I'm looking forward to Dragonlord's game to start, and I wanted to say that I am interested in hosting a round afterwards. I'm slightly hesitant as I would like to do more research on all that goes on as a host, as well as what types of games/roles make for the most fun as players and for all those reading from the peanut gallery.

In my experience, smaller games (9-13 players) tend to be easier to balance. With the break we had in Mafia here, I'd also suggest something of that size in order to work people back into playing mode.

Hosting itself is rather simple. Keep updated vote counts, answer questions, and make sure people follow your rules. Post flips as needed and write a story to add flavour (technically that last bit is optional).

In making the game, for your first time you can always check out the MafiaScum wiki for preset game setups to get a better feel for balance. You can then use or adapt them, of make your own. Abrams is always happy to help tweak balances (unless that's Fox's territory now...I've forgotten).

Oh, and Fox/Abrams has to give you the okay and fit you into a slot as well, but I don't think that'll be a problem much right now.

Well I'm currently a week from finals, so I'm not going to be focusing on hosting a game for a couple weeks. That said I do appreciate the advice, when my summer vacation starts I'll look through some presets and think of intereesting twists that would be fun but balanced.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:58 pm
Aristophanes wrote:

Yeah, running the game never seemed very hard. Balancing it seemed harder.
I mean, this is my first time running a game, but I have played a bunch, including a few that were not balanced, and I knew I would have trouble making things fair. I like making things complicated. I know that isn't very reassuring considering that I am running a game now, but I have put a lot of thought into it and I do think this one is balanced. I have several more round ideas, some of which have been bouncing around in my head for years, and this one is by far the simplest, which is why I thought I would start with it. I can try the larger, more complex games when I am more experienced and/or have a co-mod to help reign in my penchant for over-complicating things.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 pm
i work 6 days a week, and my time zone already didnt allow for much play time of this.

that on top of the fact i was literally lynched day one almost every game.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 am
Sweet, so a Mafia game is going down? Mark me down as Lynch: Fanboy I mean count me in :P

PSN: Nipps_the_Bear
3DS: 2466-3151-7359
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:26 pm
FanBoy wrote:i work 6 days a week, and my time zone already didnt allow for much play time of this.

that on top of the fact i was literally lynched day one almost every game.
I mean, there was that time when I fought against your lynch D1 and then you were a black sheep and betrayed me!

Can ya blame me? ;)
MexicanAnime wrote:"So, my townness makes me cum?" - Ari 2014
Wildman: I shot Aristo dead
Cheetory: Bitch you just got murder killed.
I play lots of Mafia. This is my Wiki
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 am
Well, good to see SA Mafia back! I might re-tool my old idea for another game and put in a submission sometime soon.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
g1 of the year 2011
g1 of the year 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:02 am
Have I been kicked off the commission yet?
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:05 am
I feel like the commission has been kicked off the commission :?
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
PreviousNext

Return to g1 Forum Games