I am taking a hiatus

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Admin of Legend
Admin of Legend
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 am
The turmoil with this community continues, and one bit of criticism I hear time and time again is that there isn't enough activity from our team. We aren't dedicating enough of ourselves. Some may agree, some may not. My opinion doesn't matter. What does matter is the leader should set a clear line to follow. I can't do that right now.

I am working two jobs. I've never hidden this. I'm putting anywhere between 26-30 hours weekly of work. Couple that with my school hours, and I'm pushing 46-50 hours. I also make time for my wife, my home, The Reset Button and anything else that needs done. It's a lot on my plate, but I tried not to complain. I want both degrees. I put myself in this.

What I haven't talked about is my health. I'm overweight, and my lack of self-respect allowed me to become diabetic. I've had cholesterol issues, and now my blood pressure is slowly becoming out of whack. I've been dedicating more time for personal health before I drop dead one day. My doctor told me to change things or expect the worst in the future.

So people are increasingly angry with ScrewAttack's mod team. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe it isn't. But I don't have the time nor the energy to lose sleep at night wondering to which side the scales lean.

I'm announcing my temporary hiatus. I plan to return in May or June.
You still have Fox. You still have Bryan. You have people to turn to.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:23 am
Debaser, I hope everything in the future turns out well for you and if you need to take longer than your target date, by all means do, we'll miss you around here, and like I said I hope everything turns out good for man
Understand that when you step into the ring, your arms are just to short to box with God
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:31 am
Can I take your place in your time gone? I'll whip this place into shape!

Get better soon man, hope to still talk to you on Xbox and such
Finn wrote:im gay
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 am
DEBASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:59 am
Debaser wrote:The turmoil with this community continues, and one bit of criticism I hear time and time again is that there isn't enough activity from our team. We aren't dedicating enough of ourselves. Some may agree, some may not. My opinion doesn't matter. What does matter is the leader should set a clear line to follow. I can't do that right now.

I am working two jobs. I've never hidden this. I'm putting anywhere between 26-30 hours weekly of work. Couple that with my school hours, and I'm pushing 46-50 hours. I also make time for my wife, my home, The Reset Button and anything else that needs done. It's a lot on my plate, but I tried not to complain. I want both degrees. I put myself in this.

What I haven't talked about is my health. I'm overweight, and my lack of self-respect allowed me to become diabetic. I've had cholesterol issues, and now my blood pressure is slowly becoming out of whack. I've been dedicating more time for personal health before I drop dead one day. My doctor told me to change things or expect the worst in the future.

So people are increasingly angry with ScrewAttack's mod team. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe it isn't. But I don't have the time nor the energy to lose sleep at night wondering to which side the scales lean.

I'm announcing my temporary hiatus. I plan to return in May or June.
You still have Fox. You still have Bryan. You have people to turn to.

This place has gotten less fun over the years, but you were the only one that tried to fix things. I wish you nothing but the best.
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am
It's a good thing we'll always have Debased To This!

Wait ....
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 pm
I think all this is carefully crafted by Jom and his plan for eventual forum domination. Also good luck sorting your stuff out
Spoiler
Cyrax wrote:oh...well, shit. I'm stupid.

JohnnyFarrar wrote:Mex is awful and anyone who thinks otherwise should feel bad.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm
I wish you the best, Debaser. While I haven't always agreed with your decisions, you're a mod/admin I greatly respect. Thanks for all the work, and I hope for your well-being.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm
Do what you gotta do, Debaser. Hope to talk to you through other means :)
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 pm
Do I get the other half of The Reset Button permanently now?

Hope to see you on Xbox a few times man.
XBL/PSN: StevarowDTT
Next

Return to Help Desk