"View all notifications" doesn't show most recent

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 pm
And if I refresh the page, I still see that there are 8 "unread" notifications (same as before I clicked by my avatar), even though I went to "view all" (where the newest ones weren't shown), and I could only see 5 on the dropdown by my avatar to begin with...
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:25 pm
Notification system? That thing is pure chaos. I think a while ago I had a notification for what some stranger wrote on some other stranger's wall 0. 0...

Anyways, the notifications I see on the "view all" page seem to be the actual relevant ones (in terms of my subscriptions). When you say that "view all" doesn't show the newest ones, are you talking about it not showing the ones in the dropdown? If so, that may be because many of the ones you see on the blue-button dropdown are notifications you are not actually supposed to see in the first place.
Admin of Legend
Admin of Legend
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:46 pm
Thanks for the bug report. I know the new guy(s) finally got the thing to report in real time, but I guess it's still being insane.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:27 pm
Lyserg.Z wrote:Notification system? That thing is pure chaos. I think a while ago I had a notification for what some stranger wrote on some other stranger's wall 0. 0...

Anyways, the notifications I see on the "view all" page seem to be the actual relevant ones (in terms of my subscriptions). When you say that "view all" doesn't show the newest ones, are you talking about it not showing the ones in the dropdown? If so, that may be because many of the ones you see on the blue-button dropdown are notifications you are not actually supposed to see in the first place.

LOL, that makes sense then. I'd actually filed a bug report about getting spammed with notifications about other people's comments on things I'd also commented on earlier, but was told that that was actually a feature...
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!

Return to Help Desk