Blip videos ALWAYS show the same ads

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:02 pm
I've been interrupted with literally the same ad THREE times in one video! I know this isn't your issue, but do you have any idea why Blip doesn't serve a wider variety of ads? It's really boring to have to watch the same one over and over, and Blip's support page is only for "producers"... :(
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:55 pm
It's a personal conspiracy against you, they want to annoy you as much as they can because they're evil like that.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 pm
Thankfully I'm not in any kind of mood to take that seriously... :P
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 am
I believe for the most part, the types of ads you get are determined by your region.
twitter: @g1brent
Mod: Capture Dead
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm
smoke108 wrote:I believe for the most part, the types of ads you get are determined by your region.

Correct. Say, like, during political season (oh boy, here we go) you can expect to see ads of people running for governor or senator in your area, if not presidential campaigns. In North Dakota, since there was a clear-cut winner in the presidential race in that state, the only ads you'd see on YouTube were for either Heidi Heitkamp or Rick Berg in a senate race.

That's just one example. You could see stuff like an automotive dealership or whatever. It's all based on the region you live in. Some ads play more than others because they paid for more airtime, in more specific circumstances during a specific time slot. Yes, even on the Internet.

Hope that clears any confusion for ya!
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:07 pm
Well, yeah, I figured they'd do location-aware ads. I'm just saying, on YouTube, for instance, I at least get a different ad each time one pops up. On Blip, I get the Same. One. Every. Time. Does Blip just not have all that big an advertiser network or something?
Admin of Legend
Admin of Legend
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:47 pm
ekolis wrote:Well, yeah, I figured they'd do location-aware ads. I'm just saying, on YouTube, for instance, I at least get a different ad each time one pops up. On Blip, I get the Same. One. Every. Time. Does Blip just not have all that big an advertiser network or something?

Probably not. Blip's heydey was years ago, and I imagine its ad pool isn't as strong as it once was.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:32 am
Debaser wrote:Probably not. Blip's heydey was years ago, and I imagine its ad pool isn't as strong as it once was.

Do they go to Blip, ISP, or a third-party advertising agency for something like that, though. Slightly curious.
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 pm
Spoiler
Put wifi in the TVs
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image

Return to Help Desk