Can't follow users anymore?

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm
I used to be able to follow users so I could see when they posted new videos and blogs. I can't figure out how to do that anymore. Also, my notifications are getting spammed with EVERY. SINGLE. COMMENT. that people make following any comment that I make on a video or blog... :roll:

edit: oops, sorry, missed the huge blue subscribe button! :oops: Been a while since I've been on this site much! Still, the option to subscribe is pretty much useless what with the comment spam in my notifications...
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:44 pm
Yeah, comments are basically broken right now.
twitter: @g1brent
Mod: Capture Dead
Mod: Capture Dead
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:00 pm
The notifications aren't broken, they're fixed. Basically, what was supposed to work was this: If you post in an article, of any kind, you're automatically subscribing to that conversation. That's regardless of if you're subscribing to, say, Death Battle. If you post a comment, you'll get those notifications on that one article/video.

That's what was supposed to work in the first place, anyway.
Spoiler
Fandango wrote:Debaser, you power hungry madman! Stop slaving your mods for nothing!
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 pm
That seems extremely annoying, given the volume of comments on some of these blogs and videos. Is there any way to turn it off?
It's Rainbow Road, it's a road you go on... when you die - Look, it's Mario and Toad!
Admin of Legend
Admin of Legend
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 pm
Give it time. There's a different team working on things now, and the guy in charge is aware of the problems. He's just terribly swamped.

Return to Help Desk