On the Subject of Sig Size

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm
Hey guys. We've noticed that we never really had a rule of thumb on signatures. So here is a really simple one. Not following so makes your sig ignite in a horrible fire, so please be considerate of their feelings.

On size:

Basic rule of thumb is for the sig to be at a width that does not stretch the page (just over 600 px wide) and the height to be at 250 px. If your sig is slightly taller than that, it's fine, but please try to consider not going to that height if you plan on attaching quotes and other emblems. Basically, try to keep sigs at 250 px at max and emblems and quotes to make the sig around 300 px (that's still rather tall, so it'd be advisable to shorten it). The issue is to not have the emblems to stack up to make the sig in the limits go beyond the size.

Example of a sig within rules:
Popular Internet Forum User wrote:How about those video games?

-------------------------------------------------------

Example of a sig not within rules:
Follow me on my Twitter!

Solution:

If you want to have your emblems and quotes, a common solution is to use a spoiler to have your pieces while having them at a considerably larger size (now this doesn't mean you're allowed to make something 1000 px long in a spoiler. That's silly.

Example of a sig within rules:
Follow me on my Twitter!
Spoiler

If you need downsizing a sig or emblem:

If you are not accustomed to image editing programs, visit this thread and request if someone can make your sig smaller or to make you a new small one altogther.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit. Have a lovely day. Don't talk to strangers. Don't share contagious sigs. Brush your teeth at night. Get a full night's of rest.
Can't get enough of my thoughts? Bug me on Twitter.
digitaldebaser wrote:I'm going to beat you with a very large stick...that has claws.

Return to Help Desk