Account Notifications & E-mails Issue

Got issues with the main site, blogs, or forums?
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 pm
I've been having an odd issues the last few days. Since the comment section was changed a bit I've been getting e-mail alerts anytime anyone post on a article that I posted on. Not a reply to me, but just any post.

The announcement Bryan did about the clearing of accounts, and to make a comment to check if my account is still valid?
I've received about 6 e-mails from people posting on it so far.

The Assassin Creed Black Flag review?
I've received an e-mail notification with each new post.

My Notification bar have been acting up as well. I get other people's notifications. I've received alerts on people who have unsubscribed from other accounts, old posts, and a slew of other information that do not pertain to my account or anyone I am subscribed to. Which due to an old notification issue I unsubscribed from everyone, but still get alerts regardless.

I even logged into SA once, and it was a totally different person's account. I even had a hard time logging out when it happened because the system wouldn't read my log out clicks. I finally had to log in using IE, and then log out. IE was fine, and that seemed to fix that log in using my chrome browser.

I'm using the Google Chrome browser currently. I've cleared cache, and cookies. I've disable all add-ons, and uninstalled Java. Nothing changed. I still also get that odd issue that I can log in, but if I go anywhere else other than my profile I am logged out.

Well...kind of logged out. I can still post under my account, but the upper right side still shows me as having not logged in. It's sporadic. I know the team is working hard to fix a ton of issues. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I just wanted to let you guys know what's up. I feel like every time I log in I'm pulling a slot machine lever to see what happens next. Haha!

Thanks for any help you can give. In the time being I disabled all e-mail notifications to ensure I do not get all the Assassin's Creed comments sent to me.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm
Try http://www.screwattack.com/user/figcoinc/edit and you should be able to edit that.
twitter: @g1brent
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 pm
smoke108 wrote:Try http://www.screwattack.com/user/figcoinc/edit and you should be able to edit that.

Read the last part. Already did. :P :lol:

Is that just a thing now? To just get all postings regardless? Not just direct replies, or comments for content I post?
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 pm
I think its a new problem with the site. For me I get 0 notifications from the site for messages, but I'll randomly get a group of notifications on some new main site video, but then it will go back to 0 until one of my normal subs puts something up. I've always had emails turned off so I've never had a problem with that.

More specifically, I turned off the "Comments on Content" Notification Panel. Since then I haven't gotten nearly as many updates. Although with you being a regular content creator, not sure how that will work for you.
twitter: @g1brent

Return to Help Desk