The AVGN "request-a-game-to-review" Thread

Watch out bad games!
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:39 pm
biggyzoom wrote:Hook for the NES. That game is of such poor quality. So much bad stuff about that game and so much to nitpick, I think it could be funny.

WHAT GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT or are you just trolling
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 pm
Kenshiro3 wrote:
biggyzoom wrote:Hook for the NES. That game is of such poor quality. So much bad stuff about that game and so much to nitpick, I think it could be funny.

Here's some gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q5ehyoz ... re=related.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:05 am
Review E.T. for Atari 2600,I know it sucks but thats what I want to see.
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:28 pm
Aladdin for the nes.
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm
Young_Yet_Retro wrote:
Kenshiro3 wrote:

Here's some gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q5ehyoz ... re=related.

oh the GAME hook sorry i thought you ment hook as a verb damn i feel like an idiot
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:47 pm
I was jsut REminded of a Suggestion i have made to james himself on NUMBEROUS occassions even when talking over IM. its for hte PS1 and it is THE WORST Batman game WORSE than Forever worse than REturns. Im Talking about Batman and Robin

It LOOKS good and sounds good on paper but basicly is a COMPLETE pile of Garbage i LOATH that game so much i have offered it to the nerd on NUMBEROUS occassions over IM & through messeges. Basicly Batman and Robins failing is that it was a "GOTY designed ENTIRELY by commity" and commited to doing EVERYTHING but in the end falling short of each commitment as it lack the necessarry clearly defined development direction. Basicly it coulndt make up its mind what it wanted to be but

WORST of all were its controls and Camera Imagine a 3D Sandbox/Platforming/Fighter/Shooter with the oldschool resident Evil Control sceam and the Code veronica camera system now imagine that EVERY nomatter WHERE you were you couldnt see what you were doing where you were going or trying to jump. or Who or what you are aiming at or trying to beat teh shit out of because you view is ALWAYS obscured. And when i say ALWAYS it is in NO Way an exageration there is LITTERALLY ALWAYS something blocking your view maing doing ANYTHING damn near impossible. You would almost be better playing the game with your EYES closed than having them open as you can NEVER see what you are doing ANYWAY! LEt me put it this way its so bad you cant even perform target practic a your view is OBSCURED because the camera is behind a Wall/Ceilling BTW when in doors that around 50% of the time that is NO exageration i have YET to come across a worse camera system than that. Why dont i adjust the camera you ask? YOU CANT its ENIRELY computer controled you have ABSOLUTELY NO control over it

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm
Has Dr. Chaos for the NES been suggested before? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZHUDFnHp40&feature=related
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:10 pm
Batman & Robin PS1 was pretty terrible, despite having already did a two-part special on Batman games.

The problem with Hook is that it looks 'playable'. I never played the game myself, but even if the game was bad, I think the AVGN is looking for broken games.

I'm sure there's more SNES, Genesis, NES, or earlier games to dump shit on. But just in case, I think AVGN should do a special on Resident Evil games. A game can be bad, but it's even more disappointing when you have a disappointing game off such an awesome series. RE: Gaiden, Gun Survivors, Outbreak, etc. Some of that branches into PS2 territory, but just throwing it out there.
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 pm
oldfriend86 wrote:Batman & Robin PS1 was pretty terrible, despite having already did a two-part special on Batman games.

The problem with Hook is that it looks 'playable'. I never played the game myself, but even if the game was bad, I think the AVGN is looking for broken games.

I'm sure there's more SNES, Genesis, NES, or earlier games to dump shit on. But just in case, I think AVGN should do a special on Resident Evil games. A game can be bad, but it's even more disappointing when you have a disappointing game off such an awesome series. RE: Gaiden, Gun Survivors, Outbreak, etc. Some of that branches into PS2 territory, but just throwing it out there.

believe me when i say Batman & Robin is most assuredly broke then dont get much more broken than that

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:12 pm
I don't know if it was mentioned before, but "Rollergames" on the NES is just a pure torture to play it.

So, yes, James, it has to be the best game for you!
PreviousNext

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd