The AVGN/Cinemassacre Q&A Thread

Watch out bad games!
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 pm
In the Pong Console video he gets "blown away" by GTA 4. In the Christmas video some 3 years ago, he plays an older AVGN ridiculing the Wii, and for his Castlevania: Lords of Shadow review he explains he's bad with newer games, but out of curiosity what does he like in newer consoles or if he often invests in the newer games. I know he has the current gen consoles but does he have some favorites on those systems

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 am
when will you start to make more then 1 nerd a month. i know he has a lot of other stuff but him yelling at his tv brings me so much joy
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm
I have a few questions myself. I hope you don't mind the open letter format.

Dear James Rolf and co.,

There were bad movie games back then, and there are bad movie games now. The only difference between these games are a multimillion dollar budget and a quality assurance team. Though newer bad movie games are somewhat faithful as opposed to the older games which did whatever they want, have you thought about how both of these games can be approved by better choices in game play and story design. It's understandable that shitty movie games back then were no where as near as powerful, but good design can overcome technological limitations.

Also, I've seen how the nerd embraced his bad video games at the end of the R.O.B. episode. Most people would throw away these games or sell them back to a retailer so the retailer can con others into buying that bad game. Do you think that despite being good or bad, video games have an abstract of satisfaction beyond their review?

For example. Despite you saying no one should play Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde people played the game just to experience how bad it is. Despite being good or bad, do you believe that these experiences is what drives people to play games no matter how big or small they are?

I probably should stop asking before things get too personal. I haven't played games as long as you have, but I was raised around the SNES and Genesis so I know the feelings that you have with many of these games. The forum might not be the best place to put this, (and also because it's too long). I want people to think a little more about the game before deeming it pure gold or rotten shit.

What do you guys think?
If I don't kill ya, I'll sit on ya.

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:34 am
Any plans on making more videos on Board James? Those are actually great. Tornado Rex and Bad Luck Bootsie totally cracked me up. The theme song for the game was awesome as hell.

I want more Board James? Who's with me?
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 pm
If James had to kill Bill Nye the science guy and Inspector Gadget, would he feel remorse?
BACON-THERE IS NO CURE

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:51 am
OK I've been dying for an answer. WHAT HAPPENED TO GUITAR GUY?!?
*sniff* I miss him so much.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:13 pm
I simply have to ask, Does being the AVGN ever get you some of that hot nerdy girl action?

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:38 pm
Shnazzyone wrote:I simply have to ask, Does being the AVGN ever get you some of that hot nerdy girl action?

He's married.

Slower Starter
Slower Starter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm
Will we ever see an official AVGN 8-bit siderscroller?

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 pm
why does avgn never appear on sidescrollers?!

and please release action figures of urself i would buy them for top dollar
PreviousNext

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd