The AVGN/Cinemassacre Q&A Thread

Watch out bad games!
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:15 am
I disagree. I feel like he's going to review BOTH E.T. and R.O.B. eventually. Because he did say at the end of the accessories video that he would save R.O.B. "for another time" and that he didn't want to spoil "his biggest request" by reviewing E.T. right away.

I think he's just trying to find a unique twist to make his review of them unique. He tends to do that with games that are notorious or well known (such as shoving bad batman games up the joker's ass)

Who knows, maybe it'll be in the movie.....

You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:42 pm
Hey guys I just want to let you and the nerd know about the new 'Back to the Future: The Game' which I heard of it on imdb.com and gametrailers.com, so I just thought what does the AVGN thinks about this game and the plot?

By the way the plot idea for BttF game is just like 'Ghostbusters: The Video Game' except that you can only get this game from online stores, check on wikipedia for BttF game info.

Exclusive Behind the Scenes Part I: The Adventure Continues
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-behind-back-to-the/706587

Exclusive Behind the Scenes Part II: Hey McFly!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-behind-back-to-the/706591
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Guile Theme goes with everything (AVGN - Street Fighter 2010 the Final Fight)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzo3CHoxfOo[/youtube]

Dead Rising 2 in 5 seconds
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BDrsm3xb7o[/youtube]

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:31 pm
Hi

Before buying AVGN Vol. 4, I'd like to know just how different the episodes on DVD will be from their online counterparts, especially reviews that use movie clips, such as Wayne's World. Do I have to expect a heavily-trimmed version or did M. Rolfe add new content to compensate?

Thanks in advance

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 am
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Hi

Before buying AVGN Vol. 4, I'd like to know just how different the episodes on DVD will be from their online counterparts, especially reviews that use movie clips, such as Wayne's World. Do I have to expect a heavily-trimmed version or did M. Rolfe add new content to compensate?

Thanks in advance
I can answer that for you! The reviews that had the movie clips from movies like Back To the Future, Ghostbusters, Rambo and Wayne's World have had the clips removed to avoid copyright infringement. And there was a new ending made exclusively for the end of the Rambo review on the volume 1 DVD, but that's the only time that it has been done.

The Wayne's World review will be different since it's had the movie clips removed, but no new content was made to replace it. I own the volume 4 DVD by the way, which explains how I know this.
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:28 pm
I have a question. If the DVDs are "cut" (All 4 seasons, although they also have some unique content), why the Nerd wasn't sued yet for copyright infringement in his original online "uncut" episodes?
I would like to see King K. Rool, Richter Belmont and Alucard in Super Smash Bros. 5!

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:45 pm
JamesBond007 wrote:I have a question. If the DVDs are "cut" (All 4 seasons, although they also have some unique content), why the Nerd wasn't sued yet for copyright infringement in his original online "uncut" episodes?
As far as I know, the movie clips and songs that he's used in his videos just for having them on GameTrailers and Youtube count as fair use and he only has to worry about copyright infringement only when he's making the DVDs for the fans which is where he has to remove such material and replace them with music from the game, or having someone create royalty free versions of the songs from the movies to use only for the DVD versions of the reviews.

Hope this helps!

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm
I wish more poeple would watch Monster Madness. It's not nearly as popular at AVGN.
Mod You Always Bet On
Mod You Always Bet On
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm
KojimaMetalGearfan1987 wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:I have a question. If the DVDs are "cut" (All 4 seasons, although they also have some unique content), why the Nerd wasn't sued yet for copyright infringement in his original online "uncut" episodes?
As far as I know, the movie clips and songs that he's used in his videos just for having them on GameTrailers and Youtube count as fair use and he only has to worry about copyright infringement only when he's making the DVDs for the fans which is where he has to remove such material and replace them with music from the game, or having someone create royalty free versions of the songs from the movies to use only for the DVD versions of the reviews.

Hope this helps!

Pretty much this. Basically, rightsholders don't care nearly as much on the internet as they do if you're directly selling a physical product for money. It is possible for them to complain about online content as well, but it's just far less common.

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 pm
Brakywaki wrote:
KojimaMetalGearfan1987 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Pretty much this. Basically, rightsholders don't care nearly as much on the internet as they do if you're directly selling a physical product for money. It is possible for them to complain about online content as well, but it's just far less common.

Viacom...

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 pm
Will James ever do anything similar to Wizard of Oz 3?

I fucking watch that all the time and die laughing.
PreviousNext

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd