Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:17 pm
Not worth 15€
also the port is pretty meh
On Nitro Level Cool
On Nitro Level Cool
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:47 am
Is it me, or this game has been harshly critizied lately?
- First it's the price of 15$, even though I often have to pay 4 times that amount for a console game.
- Then it's the graphics, being too bland
- Then it's the difficulty, being too hard
- Then it's the level design, being too chaotic
- Then it's the replay value, being not amusing
- Then it's the humor, being not funny

Good grief people... have your standards become so high that NOTHING satisfy you anymore? All you guys want are cheap easy games with high definition graphics and barely any gameplay now. You really need to go back and play 8-bit and 16-bit games, y'know the REAL Golden Age of video games. These games weren't cheap and weren't easy.

This is... how is it called? Oh yeah, A FIRST ATTEMPT! They tried something, they failed at some parts, but they succeed at other parts. Maybe if you just give this game a chance, we'll get a sequel with all of your "complaints" addessed.
Admin In Smoke And Shadows
Admin In Smoke And Shadows
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 am
It's nowhere near perfect, and I definitely had some reservations with it, but I gave the game 7/10 because I've played so, so much worse from plenty of genres. A lot of reviews I've read boils down to: the reviewer has a bone to pick with the AVGN character/show(who cares?) or ScrewAttack(again, who cares?). One complaint I heard was the enemies were too stock with different graphics depending on the level. Like this isn't done with other games both past and present.

Take that stuff with a grain of salt. People love to bitch if it gets them attention.
On Nitro Level Cool
On Nitro Level Cool
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:52 am
After seeing the MAGFest panel about the game, I really hope they make a sequel. Isn't it supposed to be the 10th anniversary of the Nerd this summer?
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:31 am
JiCi wrote:After seeing the MAGFest panel about the game, I really hope they make a sequel. Isn't it supposed to be the 10th anniversary of the Nerd this summer?

I believe that is what one of the goals of the movie is, though a sequel to AVGN Adventures would also be sweet

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm
Is there any hope for this game ever hitting GOG??

I'm really looking forward for this one, but I just don't want to buy games on Steam anymore. My store of choice right now is GOG, so I'll only get it if is ever sold there. Will this happen anytime soon? I can't think of a single reason not to, considering the game is pretty old by now, the price has even been reduced on steam to 10 bucks, and probably, people willing to buy it on Steam, already did.

Also, I would LOVE a linux version of it, although I see this even less likely...

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 am
Whatever its version does not matter for me as long as I am very much have fun in it. And most of all it shall be consider as amazing. I sometimes buy games on Steam when I am thinking with that particular games is very satisfactory that the money incurred shall not be considered as waste.
Previous

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd