YOUR Top 3 AVGN Episodes

Watch out bad games!
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm
I'm not sure if this has already been done. If so, I wouldn't be surprised. ALSO if so, this can be locked.

Anyways, with all these reviews of games that are pure garbage, which ones would YOU say are the best, or your personal favorites?

Here's mine:

3) Pong Consoles - I like this one mainly for the reason he didn't review a bad game, but bad designs for video game consoles, similar to the Atari 5200. I also like it for poking fun at those old-school connection axels and those stupid boxes.

2) Action 52/Cheetahmen - I consider this to be full review, because, well, it's the same topic! This review is a favorite of mine because of the amazement of their being 52 bad games on an overpriced cartridge. It also has some pretty good facial reactions of The Nerd (My favorites being the ones from "Star Evil", "Meong" and of course, "Time Warp Tickers").

1) Bug Bunny's Crazy Castle - As a cartoon enthusiast, this episode was real treat, even moreso than the Birthday Blowout review. It had tons of Looney Tunes-style gags and references (like the fact James and Kyle were outsmarted by Bugs to beat themselves up, similar to an episode were Bugs fools two hillbilles to fight themselves), great use of musical accompaniment (Like the rock adaptation of "What's Up Doc?" and "Powerhouse"), and of course, the never-ending ammount of Crazy Castle sequels.

Well, those are mine. Now what are YOURS?
"Less Talking, AND MORE MINDLESS MAYHEM!" - Earthworm Jim
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:48 pm
1- Power Glove: The rage was simple and nature, not too much editing, just the nerd getting angry
2- Nintendo Power: The nostalgic value of this episode was too damn high, i remember back in the day reading magazine of how to beat X part of the game, i revive those memories with this episode
3- Castlevania Saga: Watching the nerd reviewing the first game i beat (one of my favorite sagas) and telling all the frustation and glory during the gameplay i almost cry
Spoiler

Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm
3) TMNT on NES - What many consider the definitive Nerd episode, and is the one many (myself included) watched as the their introduction to AVGN. A classic.

2) Super Mario Bros. 3 - "It's so good it's a product of the devil". I think that line sums up the episode along with the game itself :lol: The end battle against all the possessed video games along with the appearance of Super Mecha Death Christ, so epic and so cheesy. I loved it.

1) Dick Tracey - The rage in this episode is so intense. You can tell that he is genuinely pissed off at the game (I'm pretty sure James has said as much before, that this is one of his personally most hated games of all time... and it shows). The way he comes "unglued" at the end to destroy the cartridge in glorious fashion, makes this my most favorite Nerd Episode of all time.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 am
1)atari review
2)avgn mario
3)godzilla review

Thunderplant wrote:Girl life is so much better than boy life so far.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 am
3. Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)
One of the first ones I saw from the then Angry Nintendo Nerd, it featured some funny bits that were pretty hilarious for such a young Nerd. The Cloned Nerds were also a very funny bit in it as well.

2. Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout (NES)
Another funny episode featuring good ol' Bugs Bunny. The beat-down on Bugs is just hilarious, and the "shitty" ending was a pleasure to see. :shock:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Different from typical Nerd-form where he bashes a bad game, the Nerd picks out "possessed elements" from the games visuals and audio. The demon-possessed cartridge can only be destroyed by none other than "Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 B.C Version 4.0 Beta...bitch". Despite the extreme sacrilege, it's a memorable Nerd moment that will forever go down in Nerdom history.

The First ain't the Worst
The First ain't the Worst
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm
3. The Wizard of Oz/Terminator 2: Judgment Day (couldn't choose): These two were my first ones and boy, did they set the stage. They're both funny as Hell to this day.

2. Winter Games: That ending...

1. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Probably the most underrated AVGN where he plays probably the single worst game ever made. It's interesting because he never gets really flat-out angry during this episode but his simple deadpan delivery at how tremendously awful the game simply cracks me up each and every time. Also that part where he chooses the "she'll do anything for the job" option had me crying of laughter.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 pm
#3. Swordquest. I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable on the history of gaming, but I'd never heard of the Sword Quest contests. It was an interesting look back on one of the coolest video game competitions to ever happen. I seriously hope that sword shows up at a charity auction or something some day.

#2. Mario 3/ The Wizard. Absolutely brilliant. I could watch that epic battle at the end over and over and it still wouldn't get old.

#1. The original TMNT review. Cowabunga? Cowa-fucking awesome episode! This episode is the go-to episode when classic AVGN is the topic of conversation. And I like it.
ChaoticMeltdown does another amazing signature.

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 am
I know it's supposed to be three, bur I chose five

1. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

2. Action 52

3. Game Glitch's

4. Nintendo Power

5.Odyssey
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 pm
1: all system or accessories episodes (CD-I, 32X, Sega CD, Atari 5200, Pong, Power Glove, NES, etc)

2: Action 52/Cheetahmen

3: Bugs Bunny (Birthday Blowout/Crazy Castle)
Proud g1 and junior Retro Hunter
http://www.twitch.tv/otakuya
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm
3. Atari 5200

Watching his anguish and trying to play any game with faulty controllers only to be further screwed in the end made me laugh and laugh!

2. Dragon's Lair

This was the first episode that properly introduced me to the Nerd right around the time I started college. Just the fact he couldn't get past the first screen of a glitched, broken, and frustrating game full of trial and error made his anger grow. I recommend this to any newcomer to the Nerd as well.

1. Street Fighter 2010

Not only is this my favorite episode, but it tells of a game I experienced as a child, it made me relive the days where I couldn't even get past the first boss. All his observations were funny yet intriguing and the adrenaline rush and frustration that is felt when playing a challenging game such as this just hits it further home. Also, the Nerd accomplishes what I couldn't do for a LONG time - he beats the game while developing an effective strategy. He goes toward that extra mile to make a complete review, and better yet, it was shown in the year 2010!
Special thanks to Darkseid for the BADASS SIG
Next

Return to Angry Video Game Nerd